Lift and Shift - no longer an option?

jerseygirl3

We were booked on the 12 night Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore this past February 2021.  We opted to do a Lift and Shift to the 12 night February 5, 2022 sailing.  However, we're unsure if that sailing will be a "go" since it's removed from Royal's website.  They keep saying it's sold out, but not sure if that's actually fact or not.  We are thinking we'd do a Lift and Shift to February 2023, but the customer service rep I spoke with at Royal said Lift and Shift's are no longer an option? 

Does anybody know if that is actually fact or fiction?

TIA 

They're correct. They stopped the carte blanche lift and shift months ago. Now if Royal cancels a cruise they *might* give an option to lift and shift your cruise to very limited options. But most cancellations now are FCC/refund.

Edited by smplybcause

1 minute ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Does anybody know if that is actually fact or fiction?

The general L&S ended at the end of January. If that sailings is indeed cancelled, a price protected replacement may be offered but don't count on it.

You were correctly advised by the phone rep.    L & S for any cruise stopped this winter.     If Royal cancels the cruise they may give you options to do a L & S.   

If you see a decent price for the 2023 sailing you should be able to simply transfer your deposit money from your Feb 2022 to a new booking for Feb 2023.  

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I am booked for the Enchantment for March 5, 2022.  Last week, i noticed almost all of the 12 nights prior to April disappeared.  However, they reappeared again when i looked today.  

I am booked on one of those earlier 12 night  cruises and have seen them come and go on RC's web site. I hope it is just them trying to control(?) sailing capacity.

5 hours ago, zebra36 said:

I am booked on one of those earlier 12 night  cruises and have seen them come and go on RC's web site. I hope it is just them trying to control(?) sailing capacity.

If that’s the case wouldn’t they be contacting some passengers on that sailing about moving them. That sailing typically is sold out so if the are limiting capacity  I would think they would be working on reducing capacity now. 

I was also on the same TP as Blizzard54. Originally booked it in 2019 (for 2020 sailing), and now have moved again. It has turned out to be an excellent deal. The 2023 sailing added 2 days to NZ (18nights), and my original price still stands for a solo at a little less than $1700

If Royal cancels, and there is another cruise that fits into the parameters of a L&S, you will more than likely be given that option. I moved 3 legs.

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you see a decent price for the 2023 sailing you should be able to simply transfer your deposit money from your Feb 2022 to a new booking for Feb 2023.  

THIS!!  

It's so easy to just move the reservation and money to the cruise you want.  You even keep the same reservation number.  I've done it several times since 2020, and you don't have to deal with the date restrictions of L&S.

I think it is very likely that the cruise could be sold out, at least up to the capacity they are booking for that time. Many people pushed cruises to next year. And number of people had a lot of Future cruise credit to use due to cancellations, so may be booking longer sailings & higher category cabins. 

Although I think it is unlikely that cruise will be cancelled, you may be offered a Lift & Shift option if it is. Even though the general program ended in the spring, we were offered the L&S option last month when our September cruise on Enchantment was cancelled. 

5 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If that’s the case wouldn’t they be contacting some passengers on that sailing about moving them. That sailing typically is sold out so if the are limiting capacity  I would think they would be working on reducing capacity now. 

Final payment isn't due until Oct. 10 and I do not see them doing much until after then, JMHO.

5 hours ago, pcur said:

THIS!!  

It's so easy to just move the reservation and money to the cruise you want.  You even keep the same reservation number.  I've done it several times since 2020, and you don't have to deal with the date restrictions of L&S.

Can I do this up until 48 hours prior to sailing?  And does it have to be the same type of cruise (Caribbean 12 night, departing February). In other words , what timeframe and type of sailing are we restricted to. 

Edited by jerseygirl3

17 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Can I do this up until 48 hours prior to sailing?  And does it have to be the same type of cruise (Caribbean 12 night, departing February). In other words , what timeframe and type of sailing are we restricted to. 

Under the current Cruise with Confidence policy, you will incur no change or cancellation fees if you do this up to 48 hours before sailing, AND before 10/31/21 to complete the booking. You must sail by 9/30/22.  

That policy will want to give you an FCC that has to be used on a booking by 4/30/22. 

What I recommend it you tell RCCL or your travel agent (which is what I have done several times in the last year) that you want to move the booking and money to cruise xyz.  They do that immediately on the phone. You should check on the "must sail by" date, as this may not be applicable to just moving the booking to a new cruise.

No, it does not have to be the say type of cruise or date:  those are Lift and Shift rules.

This was explained to me by an RCCL agent on a conference call with my travel agent and I.  He said under CWC there is no such thing as a non-refundable deposit as you will get an FCC, and moving the booking immediately bypasses that whole FCC time consuming procedure.

Personally, I never saw any benefit to L&S.  I just find a new cruise and move the reservation number and money over to it.  

6 hours ago, pcur said:

Under the current Cruise with Confidence policy, you will incur no change or cancellation fees if you do this up to 48 hours before sailing, AND before 10/31/21 to complete the booking. You must sail by 9/30/22.  

That policy will want to give you an FCC that has to be used on a booking by 4/30/22. 

What I recommend it you tell RCCL or your travel agent (which is what I have done several times in the last year) that you want to move the booking and money to cruise xyz.  They do that immediately on the phone. You should check on the "must sail by" date, as this may not be applicable to just moving the booking to a new cruise.

No, it does not have to be the say type of cruise or date:  those are Lift and Shift rules.

This was explained to me by an RCCL agent on a conference call with my travel agent and I.  He said under CWC there is no such thing as a non-refundable deposit as you will get an FCC, and moving the booking immediately bypasses that whole FCC time consuming procedure.

Personally, I never saw any benefit to L&S.  I just find a new cruise and move the reservation number and money over to it.  

Thank you for your recommendation. We went ahead and moved our deposit for the  February 2022 cruise to one in February 2023. We had to pay the prevailing rate which was significantly more because our original was booked with an employee discount, but at least I didn’t have to worry about an FCC. 

6 hours ago, pcur said:

My benefit was getting an OS on Harmony for the same price as my original OS on Rhapsody.  At the time of the lift & shift, the Harmony OS was more than twice the price I paid for the Rhapsody.  That’s a pretty big benefit in my opinion.

14 hours ago, poocher said:

My benefit was getting an OS on Harmony for the same price as my original OS on Rhapsody.  At the time of the lift & shift, the Harmony OS was more than twice the price I paid for the Rhapsody.  That’s a pretty big benefit in my opinion.

My original b2b booking is $1,000.00 less than the new booking.  Granted, I went from Freedom to Adventure, but a thousand bucks is a huge difference.

Well, it's definitely worth it if you're saving that kind of money!

My problem is I don't want to be restricted to what cruise I switch to.  Plus, all my current bookings are aimed at reaching Pinnacle, so moving anything beyond the end of next year is not in my plans right now.