The Daily for Saturday September 11, 2021

richwmn

10 hours ago, kazu said:

We only had the tail so no big deal here but Newfoundland really got bashed, Gerry.  Avalon Peninsula really got nailed.  Roofs gone, roads impassable, etc.  https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/photos-hurricane-larry-slams-newfoundland-with-powerful-winds

Poor people of Newfoundland 😢 It’s a good thing they are of such tough stock.

Ouch; how awful.  I also noticed that in "Come From Away" it is noted that Hurricane Erin was expected to arrive if there was any more delay in reopening the air space.  This year the "E" hurricane was in early July.  The Hurricane situation is definitely getting worse.

Roy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well today did not pan out as planned. Started having severe pain and spasms just like that. Sat in the clinic for 3.5 hours. They would not let you sit in your car and call you when you were next. Had labs. Doctor is hoping it's just a UTI. Already took my antibiotics. Can't even enjoy a glass of wine after this crappy day!!

Prayers keep going out to Sam @mamaofami!!

Oh goodness, Joy. Prayers that you get a good night of rest and that it is nothing more serious than a UTI.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, sorry you are feeling bad.  Hope the antibiotics work and you feel better soon.

@lindaler  Linda, sorry they lost your tests. Have a good trip and enjoy your visit with your son. 

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. Been a bit distracted today. We thought Sam was having another stroke today and off he went this AM by ambulance where my son met him at the hospital ER. So far, he’s had a CAT and is waiting for an MRI at around 7 pm. We have no results yet of the CAT done at about 11am, and interesting but the ER department can’t access all his records from 2013 forward. They simply aren’t available.

This has taught us that we need a notebook and have to notate his different tests and the dates and results.

This is the third emergency this week. Yesterday he got stuck in a bathroom at the aVA. He couldn’t get off the toilet because it wasn’t a handicapped stall and my daughter had to crawl under the door to get him out. That made them late for the audiology appointment and they wouldn’t take him. I keep gelling like I’m in a bad dream and one day I will wake up.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well today did not pan out as planned. Started having severe pain and spasms just like that. Sat in the clinic for 3.5 hours. They would not let you sit in your car and call you when you were next. Had labs. Doctor is hoping it's just a UTI. Already took my antibiotics. Can't even enjoy a glass of wine after this crappy day!!

You're both overdue for a good day and some relief.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Ouch; how awful.  I also noticed that in "Come From Away" it is noted that Hurricane Erin was expected to arrive if there was any more delay in reopening the air space.  This year the "E" hurricane was in early July.  The Hurricane situation is definitely getting worse.

Roy

How ironic - Newfoundland was hit badly by Hurricane Larry this morning.  Seems sad on the anniversary on when so many took in people from 911 air evacs 😢 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good afternoon everyone. Been a bit distracted today. We thought Sam was having another stroke today and off he went this AM by ambulance where my son met him at the hospital ER. So far, he’s had a CAT and is waiting for an MRI at around 7 pm. We have no results yet of the CAT done at about 11am, and interesting but the ER department can’t access all his records from 2013 forward. They simply aren’t available.

This has taught us that we need a notebook and have to notate his different tests and the dates and results.

This is the third emergency this week. Yesterday he got stuck in a bathroom at the aVA. He couldn’t get off the toilet because it wasn’t a handicapped stall and my daughter had to crawl under the door to get him out. That made them late for the audiology appointment and they wouldn’t take him. I keep gelling like I’m in a bad dream and one day I will wake up.

Carol, here is hoping you and Sam have an easier journey ahead of you. 

• Like 7

The people of Newfoundland are resilient and kind.  True Maritimers.

On the 20th anniversary of 911 - here is Gander welcoming you to the Rock 

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiuoZuoo_jyAhWPhOAKHZjTCGAQwqsBegQICxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWcI1EKE01S0&usg=AOvVaw1FNGl0Te-zzjEt7kfTyFNk

The school buses were on strike. when they got word of what was happening -they all went into action and delivered the people from the airplanes.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, hoping all is well and no more pain. ❤️

• Like 7

I've been on my computer a few times during the day, but never had enough time to do more than read a few posts and "like".  Anyway, it has been a strange day, full of memories.  We were in Ireland , heading for Dublin from Waterford, and we watched the television all evening in our hotel in Dublin.  The next morning we boarded our flight to London, only to be told we might not be getting there as they were closing the air space.  We did get to London but spent the next 3 days going back and forth from Pat's cousins' home to Heathrow trying to get a flight home.  There were many people who had to sit at the airport for those 3 days, we were lucky to have relatives to take us in.

Our ATC DD was working in Vancouver then, they were a parking lot for aircraft, too.  I believe they used cruise ships to put up a lot of the stranded passengers.  Now she is in Gander, and her ATC boyfriend was in Gander on 9/11, he went in to work as soon as he heard, but was not needed there, so he was sent to be a cook,  he's still a good cook!

We have had a day of light rain, and more is due during the week, so Roy @rafinmd, I think you can take us off the Care list!  It has been raining more heavily in other parts of BC, too.   @mamaofami, I am saying lots of prayers for your Sam, and you, too.  And @Seasick Sailor, hope you feel better really quickly.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

So sorry to hear how rough things are for all of you. Keep us posted.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I hope it is nothing serious.

Sending prayers 🙏.

Take care.

• Like 2