Latest way to carry Seapass?

Set2Sail

On 9/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, DCPIV said:

They stopped punching holes when they stopped using magnetic strip cards. 

I hardly needed my card unless I was boarding the ship, getting off the ship, or going to my room. Nearly everything was done by room number. 

There are times I can't remember my room number.  🙂

• Haha 3

I carry my Samsung in one of these, and there's room set aside for a card or two:

Premium Horizontal Leather Carrying Case Pouch Holster Wallet for Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, S8, S9, S5 Active, A5 (2017), Black, w/ Card Holder and Belt Clip and Belt Loops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH7A51O

Appears to be out of stock now, but there are others similar to this.

I like the belt loops.  No chance of having a clip become detached.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:17 AM, 5waldos said:

One of my least favorite parts of cruising is carrying around the card. Can't someone come up with a way of getting around it? A fingerprint reader perhaps? Facial recognition? 

I don't know why they don't do the wrist band like RCL since it is the parent company of Celeb anyway......and according to many cruise msg boards  people really love the Medallion that Princess has adopted

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, crash3x said:

I don't know why they don't do the wrist band like RCL since it is the parent company of Celeb anyway......and according to many cruise msg boards  people really love the Medallion that Princess has adopted

Medallion?  Tell me more, please?

I think they should give everyone a temporary tattoo with a bar code.  Just tattoo everyone's forehead and whip out the scanner when needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put a staple in the card and use  an adhesive like Bluestick or similar and stick it on my forehead     It looks as if it is stapled in  my head. 🤪  

I got this idea from a man that I worked with.   He had a wooden leg.  Vendors would come in and he got a kick out of shocking them by  stapling his socks into his leg.   He would take the stapler, pull up his sock and then say he was tired of his sock always falling down while stapling his sock to his wooden leg.  

A great conversation starter.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 9:32 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Please see posts 11 and 13.  They have stopped punching holes in the SeaPass cards.

We went to the guest services and they would not punch hole due to the chip in the card.  So we had a plastic sleeve we had our vaccination card in and just transferred the card to that since we brought lanyards.  They do sell and sleeve and X lanyard in the shop but it is about $10-$12 IIRC.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

If you download the Celebrity app (on selected ships) you can unlock your stateroom with a smartphone by downloading a digital key.   

This video shows this (fast forward to 01:40).   

That comes in real handy when you leave your card in your room.

Likewise, the card comes in real handy when you leave your phone in your room.

I should also mention that your spouse comes in real handy when you leave both your card and your phone in your room.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I should also mention that your spouse comes in real handy when you leave both your card and your phone in your room.

The moral is:   to ensure you can get in your stateroom, you always need to have your card, phone and spouse/roommate with you at all times😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 1:56 PM, Set2Sail said:

Hello! It's been a few years since I've cruised. What's the latest way to carry your seapass? I used to punch a hole and carry it on a spiral thing on my wrist.

Thanks!

Jen

In my pocket in the cute little leatherette wallet that give us in the room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 4:08 PM, DCPIV said:

I have had the room steward bail me out before when key was left in room.