I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

9 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

No access to Suite Sun Deck or Lounge, no breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen (dinner only if/when space is available) is limiting enough BUT having to knock/scratch at the Coastal door when you have reservations & your keycard doesn’t grant access is demeaning.

Yes, I know, cry me a river, but IMHO, Royal should “recharacterize” Junior Suites as Jumbo Balconies and be done with it as the JS category is all Bark and no Bite! 

Been this way for years. The need to knock is really odd.  You are right.  Jumbo balcony, not a suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Jumbo cabin size and balcony with double C&A is exactly what it is and what it’s sold as…. All cruise lines do the same as everyone wants to feel slightly more important….. us brits know all about the class system……

(I do agree though it gets tedious booking coastal kitchen every day - that said frankly it’s decent but nothing like as special it’s hyped up to be anyway IMHO)

I agree with you regarding your class system, the main problem with yours is the people at the top of the the food chain really are just junkyard dogs & at least one of them deserves to be in chains.

😉

17 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

No access to Suite Sun Deck or Lounge, no breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen (dinner only if/when space is available) is limiting enough BUT having to knock/scratch at the Coastal door when you have reservations & your keycard doesn’t grant access is demeaning.

Yes, I know, cry me a river, but IMHO, Royal should “recharacterize” Junior Suites as Jumbo Balconies and be done with it as the JS category is all Bark and no Bite! 

Sorry, but I enjoy JS's the way they are. They are not a full suite, and do not come with the price tag that a full suite does. You are paying for a bit of a larger room and balcony, and that is what you are getting. If you want the other perks, you can always pay for them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Juts off of Allure and were in a junior suite. As I had carefully read what was included there were no surprises. We went to Costal Kitchen on boarding day and spoke to Giovanney who was able to make us a reservation that night for dinner. When we arrived at the expected time we did not have to scratch at the door nor beg (I realize  those words were used hyperbolically) to be let in. A gentleman saw us at the door and opened it for us. Dinner was very good but hardly life changing. When we could not get a reservation the following night we decided it was not worth it to call every day and gamble on a reservation so we made do with the main dining room and specialty dining as we had a dining package.

The junior suite itself was great and as expected. Loved the extra space, the walk in closet, bath tub and the larger balcony. The location of these rooms is also a plus. Considering we only paid a small amount above what we originally paid for a standard ocean view balcony we thought it was well worth it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

with the reduced capacity on each sailing it's easy to social distance table assignment.  I wonder if more suite guest are opting for room service to social distance, which would mean more available times for JS guests.  

From what I've seen, the suite level cabins are not experiencing reduced capacity.

Now one change is potentially less Pinnacle guests since they also appear to be needing to make reservations on a day to day basis.

The question now is do Pins trump JS pax for those daily reservations 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

From what I've seen, the suite level cabins are not experiencing reduced capacity.

Now one change is potentially less Pinnacle guests since they also appear to be needing to make reservations on a day to day basis.

Yes would be my answer

Guest BigRoger
47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Most Certainly they do…. Unless the Guest Services Manager, hotel director and captain have a lot of Valium available…..

Did I read right there is no separate pool for full suite guests??? How dare they…. Maybe RC should consider allocating pool space by cabin category…. After all inside cabin guests do get a shower in their rooms…. (Well until communal showers are introduced anyway… for insides, solos and those with pineapple stickers on room doors…..)

This has been one of the best threads in a long time!

Edited by BigRoger

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When we were on Allure in August, the CK Maitre D told us that Dexter was limiting the Pin reservations to 10/evening for dinner.