Anyone lucky enough to book the Greenland cruise?

RoperDK

Was able to book a Deck 4 Balcony but by the time i saw the notice from John Heald that they were having issues putting on the website it was almost too late.  I was clicking on Cabins and kept coming back not available so when i did get one that showed up i immediately put a hold on it and called in to Carnival.  While i was giving my details to the rep not two minutes into the call she said your very lucky i see all the Balcony cabins are gone now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Princess deal is a much better value.  First of all, you get 3 stops in Greenland, two extra days and a 30% larger ship.  You can also get the Princess Plus for 40 bucks a day.  After factoring out the 14.50 per day for gratuities, it costs you 25.50 per day for wifi and their drink package.  Wifi and Cheers per day would cost substantially more than double that.

I would book it but this will finally be the cruise i turn Platinum and im not putting that off for another year lol.

13 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

We’re booked on this cruise. I’m also holding a comparable sailing the month prior on the Caribbean Princess. For those curious, the Caribbean Princess is roughly the same price and two days longer from New York but in August.

Wow, I just priced this out and its over $12,650 CAD for a balcony room for two which is $4792.00 more than i paid for with Carnival?  Roughly the same price? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Was able to book a Deck 4 Balcony but by the time i saw the notice from John Heald that they were having issues putting on the website it was almost too late.  I was clicking on Cabins and kept coming back not available so when i did get one that showed up i immediately put a hold on it and called in to Carnival.  While i was giving my details to the rep not two minutes into the call she said your very lucky i see all the Balcony cabins are gone now.

First, I would like to thank the OP for alerting me to this cruise.  I was able to book today.

My question is how did Carnival get the word out about this cruise? Was it first announced on John Heald's page?  I have never had to scramble so much to book!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PC 462 said:

First, I would like to thank the OP for alerting me to this cruise.  I was able to book today.

My question is how did Carnival get the word out about this cruise? Was it first announced on John Heald's page?  I have never had to scramble so much to book!

John Heald announced it on his morning coffee talk the day before as he has been pestering Carnival to redo this cruise for many years.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I tried, but failed.  Sold out in a matter of hours.  I couldn't even get it to load on the Carnival site.  Kept erroring out.  Couldn't get through by phone either.  By the time I got through, all of the suites, premium balconies, and regular balconies were gone.  Only thing left was balcony guarantee.  

My PVP got me two inside cabins today. 😁

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kdr69 said:

I would book it but this will finally be the cruise i turn Platinum and im not putting that off for another year lol.

Trust me, Platinum is not all that's it's cracked up to be.  Have had it over 10 years and priority boarding and the dedicated line at guest services are the only perks I use.  The same perks that can be purchased via FTTF,  which was the impetus of the devaluation of Platinum status

I was not able to even find the cruise online last night.  This morning I found it, priced it out…. Only cabins available were insides and balcony gty.  Cost of the balcony was $6200, roughly the cost of the 14 day Caribbean cruise I was considering on Crystal Symphony.  We didn’t book.  EM

Thanks to my fabulous travel agent I was able to book an Oceanview room.  Never seen such a demand for a cruise!  The price was comparable to Mediterranean cruises on other cruise lines.

…and Newfoundland is also very interesting to visit.  The people are lovely, I saw a few dismissive posts on here but it is a great place to visit.

Edited by bunnyette
Added more info
  • Like 1

I've finally had time to look at this cruise and see that the only cabins still available on Carnival's website are guarantee interior and guarantee ocean view.  As much as I'd like to do this itinerary I'm not about to take a chance on getting in a cabin that I'll hate.

Oh, wait.... that was 10 minutes ago.  All that's showing now are guarantee interior.  This is nuts.  

Edited by groundloop

I think the pre-Covid cruise to Greenland and Iceland sold very fast, too.  We were to have been on it.  This cruise is essentially two years away.  We will keep an eye on it, but it does not have nearly as interesting an itinerary as our cancelled cruise.  EM