January Cruise Final Payment Deadline Reduced to 30 Days

DCPIV

On 9/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, DCPIV said:

This just in via email.

Dear Guest,

While we know you’ve been patiently waiting for protocols, our teams have been diligently preparing and working with our medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to ensure we provide you with the best experience before and during your cruise. Our commitment is to share all protocols for your January sailing very soon, as we want you to have ample time to prepare for an enjoyable and healthy sailing!

Additionally, we understand that the final payment date for many of our guests is getting closer. So, we’ve made the decision to push the final payment date for all sailings departing in January 2022. Guests on sailings departing between January 1, 2022 through January 31, 2022, will now have until 30 days prior to their sail date to make their final payment. Our hope is that this gives you a little extra flexibility when making the best decision for you and those in your party. Rest assured, no action is needed on your part, and no cancellations will occur until the new final payment date.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I called my TA this morning and they confirmed final is due 30 days out.  I'm not 100% sure they would have notified me, so not very happy about that, but bottom line is I don't have to make final payment for my January cruise until December and that gives me more time to see how Covid progresses into the winter and if protocols change.

• Like 2

I was all set to pay my 3 Jan sailings this week but I am quite glad. My new payment dates are 12/1, 12/8 and 12/25...which would suck if I was a big spender during Christmas.

I am sure RCG is pushing the FP dates back to avoid having to give out so many refunds if people don't like the protocols. This way they can convert the deposit to FCC and keep people on the hook.

1 hour ago, immjs20 said:

I appreciate they have done with for our January cruise.  But now I have to pay for my February cruise before the January cruise 😂

Stay tuned.  You might get an extension towards the end of the month (even if it's only to 60 days prior).

This all has to be because there are a good number of folks cancelling prior to final payment because they still are in "wait and see" mode.  That's actually rather prudent for both sides.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

My new payment dates are 12/1, 12/8 and 12/25...which would suck if I was a big spender during Christmas.

I am rather confident that they still will accept payment at the original date for those who feel that is better cash management. 😉

43 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

I am sure RCG is pushing the FP dates back to avoid having to give out so many refunds if people don't like the protocols. This way they can convert the deposit to FCC and keep people on the hook.

No doubt about it.

8 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Email from my TA had both booking ID & date of sailing for the 1/20 cruise. 

The one I got was straight from RCL, but I booked directly. 

Edited by DCPIV

13 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Another here that has yet to receive an email. Our check-in date on the app hasn’t changed. I wonder if I make full payment before the ‘new’ final payment date, I can still check-in, beat the rush, and get an early on-board time. 

Never received them for my Nov/Dec Cruises so wouldn't count on Jan either

On 10/6/2021 at 12:52 AM, mattR said:

Wondering can you check-in for your cruise before you have made final payment?  As check-in may open before final payment is now due?

Don't think so.  Not available for our December 30th cruise.

6 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Don't think so.  Not available for our December 30th cruise.

Check in availability is not contingent on payment status. Check in was moved to 45 days out so for your sailing it should be mid November. 

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Check in availability is not contingent on payment status. Check in was moved to 45 days out so for your sailing it should be mid November. 

Final payment,  per ta, is November 30th.  Not sure when check in will be available.   Not yet.

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The app should list the exact date. 

I just noticed that on the app for our October 22, 2022, Anthem TA says I can check in on September 2nd!  Maybe it's because they have our money....payment from 2021 cancelled TA was moved with reservation.