Celebrity Edge or Inaugural Enchanted Princess

MrsTrout

I am debating between Edge for 7 night Eastern Caribbean or the inaugural Enchanted Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean. I have sailed both lines so I do understand the ways they are different. My husband has never been on a cruise so I am even more excited for him than for myself. I know it is just personal preference and either cruise will be amazing but I am having the HARDEST time deciding. I would love to hear some opinions. 

I would always go 10 days over 7. Another consideration might be the cabin level you choose. I believe Edge has infinity verandas. So if you like a balcony and want to be able to actually sit out on it then Princess might be better. But as you say, personal preference.

• Like 1

I'd take Enchanted any day over Edge personally, especially if it is a choice of 10 vs 7 days.  Edge has some beautiful spaces, but to me just looks cold and uninviting.  Enchanted looks more welcoming and comfortable.  Either ship should provide an excellent cruise experience.

• Like 1

I would choose 7 vs 10.  Nothing to do with which ships but rather if this is DHs first cruise and it turns out he doesn’t love cruising 10 days will seem like forever.

When  DH joined me for his 1st cruise we did a 5 night so if he disliked it it was only a few days & if he liked he would be eager to go again.  He loved it.  
Did the same with 5 others couples none of them  had been on  a cruise before 2 loved it, 1 thought it was OK  but not something they are would do very often and 2 hated it. You just never know.  

• Like 3

I'll be going on my third Edge cruise the end of the month and for me Princess isn't my favorite cruiseline, but I would recommend for you to take the Enchanted Princess cruise over the Edge. The preview video of the Enchanted Princess shows a really beautiful ship with a more traditional cruiseship layout yet with an up to date design and decor. And as others have said, three extra days is a substantial. The only caveat is whether ten days is too much for a first time cruiser. As long as your husband isn't the type of person that gets bored easily and must be constantly 'doing something' then the length of the cruise isn't an issue. But if he has already expressed concern about feeling  'trapped' on  cruiseship then you might want to think more carefully about the ten day cruise. 

• Like 1

Edge will have larger cabins with more seating for categories below the suites.  We now like to be sure to have seating for two people.

princess has fresh water pools. and more of the them.

Edge will have the 4 dining rooms with a very nice always available menu including escargots and steak.  Room service on Celebrity is better with delivery from dining room for dinner.  Specialty dining is a bit pricey.

They are more alike than different if you are not picky about cabin size and seating.

Enjoye your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsTrout said:

I am debating between Edge for 7 night Eastern Caribbean or the inaugural Enchanted Princess 10 night Eastern Caribbean. I have sailed both lines so I do understand the ways they are different. My husband has never been on a cruise so I am even more excited for him than for myself. I know it is just personal preference and either cruise will be amazing but I am having the HARDEST time deciding. I would love to hear some opinions. 

Would it be possible for you to mention the cabin category(s) you're considering?

For a first time cruiser I would do 7 days. 10 days is a long time if it's not his cup of tea. Cabin type would have some bearing on the decision, but the standard balconies on Royal Class ships are so tiny that I would put it about on par with an Infinite Veranda on Edge. 

• Like 1

My wife and I may be the exception but our first cruise was 14 days on the Carnival Jubilee.   We booked it as listed a s Hawaiian cruise.   We didn’t know anything about being on a cruise ship and it was actually a repositioning cruise that crossed the Pacific to Vancouver.

We didn’t have any issues or problems. 

I would take the Princess because it is the inaugural cruise.   You may get a few special mementos and be the first to basically use everything.    Also be aware that because it is the first sailing there will also be some hiccups 

You can cruise on the Edge anytime but only once being the first on a ship for whatever that is worth 

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Normally, I'd go for the ten day, but as others have said, it may be a bit much for the first cruise. I've been on both lines, and would opt for X because of the ridiculously small cabins on Princess with no place to sit except the bed. No sofa, unless you go premium balcony, and no chair in a normal balcony except the small desk chair.

A number of posters indicate that the shorter cruise should be chosen as the OP's hubby will be on his first cruise and may not enjoy it. But @MrsTrout seems to be asking for input on which line to pick, not what length, and I imagine that she has a pretty good idea whether or not her hubby would enjoy cruising. Besides, as she enjoys cruising and would enjoy the extra days, I'm sure her hubby would be willing to put up with the extra days if it will make @MrsTrout happy.

BTW, for our first, DW and I took a 21 day cruise. Our only regret was that it wasn't longer!

• Like 1

Dear MrsTrout.  You have sailed both Celebrity and Princess so you already know the pro's and con's and differences.  What can we say here to help your decision?  Perhaps since it is your husbands first cruise maybe discuss with him and find out his likes/dislikes and preferences?  And then use your experience and knowledge to answer his questions and decide together? Ask your husband vs a bunch of strangers here on CC?  Just a suggestion. 😀