The Daily for Tuesday October 05, 2021

richwmn

Good evening. I've been  checking in here off and on all day, but just now had a chance to post again.  After I finished cleaning the house, I took some time for me and took my book outside for awhile.  

It looks like today was a busy one on the Daily.

@mamaofami Carol, what a nice gift for you DD.

@ger_77  Gerry, glad you had such a good time last night.  Sorry about the smoke in the air.

@TiogaCruiser  Sounds like you're making progress on the yard plans and work.

@VMax1700  Good news your back is better.  Be careful and enjoy your cruise.

@aliaschief  Great news all the morning tests were negative.

@bennybear  Enjoyed your pictures from Japan.

@lazey1  Thank you for the update about Kakalena.  Glad she's home and resting.

I've not been to Catalina, it's on the bucket list.  Thanks for the pictures.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12

9 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@Horizon chaser 1957the smoke has cleared off somewhat over the morning, but you can still feel it and see it in the air.  
Wow, it sounds like you're set for the winter with your stock of wood, nuts, etc.  As long as you have enough wine to carry you through . . .you know, the essentials!

I’m relieved  to hear the air is better there now!

Believe me, nothing else was attended to until I was sure the wine would last the winter. What if I ran out and was snowed in!😱

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

An absolutely beautiful day in Avalon, Catalina Island. A historic day of first tender operations for Hal in North America in a long time.

I’m glad the oil spill didn't affect Catalina Island or your port stop. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Absolutely beautiful!  We will be there on Monday!  Yay!

Better Monday than Tuesday as a few of our first choice lunch spots were closed on Tuesday. Or was it the stigma of cruise ship clientele? Just a thought as Tuesday is not the traditional off day around my neck of woods.

• Like 6

My second stop in Kagoshima was Sengan-en Gardens and Shoko Shuseikan Museum.   It was the estate of a former ruler of Kagoshima.  The museum is the site of early Japanese industrial activity.

The Gate at Sengan and then the gardens:

sengangate.jpg

sengangardens.jpg

And a cannon from the museum:

cannon.jpg

It was a nasty departure but we still got an enthusiastic sendoff:

sayonara.jpg

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

A very late but heartfelt thank you to all who wished us a happy anniversary! It was fairly quiet - I had a medical procedure in the morning, but we went out to dinner (a BBQ restaurant we like, and it was delicious!).  I really appreciate all my Daily family here - hoping we can meet on a BHB in the future!!

Laura

• Like 11

16 hours ago, lazey1 said:

Update re Kakalena: Her medical emergency is over and she is home resting. She had a loss of blood and is now iron deficient and potassium deficient. These conditions are treated medically . She still has to have more tests done on an outpatient basis.  Her hospital stay turned out to be in outpatient observation as there were no regular rooms available. "Darn that Covid 19 virus"

This is very good to hear...I hope she has a steady recovery.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

@kazu, And @mamaofami, what was the CC trick you mentioned?  I couldn’t find it and I am having problems posting.  Hopefully on the ship it will be better, but I can’t count on it!  

HI Ann,

close cc down and then don’t use your frequently visited or book marked location to get into CC.  Instead type in as if you were searching for it (ie something like cruise critic holland america forum) and cruise critic ask a  question Holland America line will show.  Click it to get in and so far so good, it’s been working for me on my Ipad.

If it doesn’t work for you,  type in search google chrome and open  the app (it’s free) and use google chrome to post.  Google chrome was what I was using when CC wasn’t working on safari until Carol mentioned her trick.  

Hope this helps.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kazu said:

HI Ann,

close cc down and then don’t use your frequently visited or book marked location to get into CC.  Instead type in as if you were searching for it (ie something like cruise critic holland america forum) and cruise critic ask a  question Holland America line will show.  Click it to get in and so far so good, it’s been working for me on my Ipad.

If it doesn’t work for you,  type in search google chrome and open  the app (it’s free) and use google chrome to post.  Google chrome was what I was using when CC wasn’t working on safari until Carol mentioned her trick.  

Hope this helps.

@Vict0riannI replied too fast before I finished my first cup of coffee as I knew you needed help and the time difference between us.

I forgot to say that once you get in, you can leave the window open for the day.  It’s worked for me, anyways.

If CC is goofy the next day, try one of the two solutions.  So far, so good 

• Like 3