wait time to call Celebrity

rohudd1

My husband and I have a cruise booked on the Celebrity Edge on October 23rd.  I am attempting to reach the Blue Chip Club with a a question and have been on hold for more than an hour.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have tried to reach out at different parts of the day to no avail.  I am frustrated!!  Emails are not answered so I am at a loss as to what to do next!  Certainly, I am aware of delays that are unavoidable due to staffing shortages, but it has now been nearly 2 hours.  I am done!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rohudd1 said:

My husband and I have a cruise booked on the Celebrity Edge on October 23rd.  I am attempting to reach the Blue Chip Club with a a question and have been on hold for more than an hour.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have tried to reach out at different parts of the day to no avail.  I am frustrated!!  Emails are not answered so I am at a loss as to what to do next!  Certainly, I am aware of delays that are unavoidable due to staffing shortages, but it has now been nearly 2 hours.  I am done!!

Lol, this is par for X.

I just called the Zenith shoreside concierge number, and was on hold for about 15 minutes before speaking to one of the concierges.  That is unusual for that phone number as that line is generally answered almost immediately.  I wonder if the 20% off sales promotion is generating a large number of calls.

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I just called the Zenith shoreside concierge number, and was on hold for about 15 minutes before speaking to one of the concierges.  That is unusual for that phone number as that line is generally answered almost immediately.  I wonder if the 20% off sales promotion is generating a large number of calls.

18 minutes was my longest ever wait.  It’s Friday night, peeps are ending their week and focusing on upcoming vacations.

I had the same problem last week.  So I just hung up, called back and hit option # 1, like I was making a new reservation, a customer rep picked up in about 10 seconds.  I explained how long the wait was on option # 2 and he took care of me right away.  

13 hours ago, maltmom said:

I tried earlier today and was holding almost 2 hours before hanging up…tonight so far 47 minutes…this is RIDICULOUS! 

Thursday afternoon around 4, a two hour wait and was still waiting when I finally hung up to make dinner.

I called Blue Chip yesterday and had a long wait(over an hour) but I put the phone on speaker and want  about doing whatever.  I had to make a note of the questions/requests I had as I knew it might be a long wait and did not want to have to call back.  I will say that the agent took care of my requests including changing my boarding time from 3 PM to noon!  I guess if I needed answers/help for a close sailing I might not be as accepting of a wait over an hour but our cruise is not until  late November.

• Like 1

This is now day 3 and I still cannot reach a representative.  On hold for 30 minutes so far! My cruise is on October 23rd and I do not have the time or energy to deal with this!!  I am so surprised to have to deal with this on a Celebrity Cruise!  

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

What time of day are you calling?  I haven’t had the extremely long hold times, but then I’m not calling the Blue Chip Club.  If I need a answer quickly I call right around 8 Eastern time.

I have called both in the afternoon and early evening longest wait time I have ever had was 18 minutes.  I always just call the general customer service main number.

I've done the "call me" from the 'before you board' page twice in the past week.  The phone rang immediately each time. First was a 7am call with no wait after going through the menu. Second time was 3pm Friday with a total call time of 30 min. 

Not to minimize the Celebrity problem but I have experienced long hold times in many situations.  Calling banks, credit card companies, various agencies, really any number of places and things.  I think it is mainly due to the pandemic-driven labor shortage.  Everybody needs to re-hire and re-train.  Lower end positions like call centers are having major shortages.  I guess it will eventually get better.  As for Celebrity I have not waited maybe more than 15-20 min in my recent calls.  Morning calls are worst. Evening calls are best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Not to minimize the Celebrity problem but I have experienced long hold times in many situations.

Same here.  Folks tend to forget that covid still is a major issue in many parts of the world (not the least of which is the USA). 

Many areas where call centers are located have had very low vaccine access, largely due to the problems with the AZ vaccine.  Those of us who don't want to live with that need to be prepared to pay more for cruising.

• Like 1

First world problem.  I am so thankful that we will (hopefully) be able to cruise in 2022.  I have been on hold for as long as 2 hours with the Blue Chip Club.  As frustrating as it is, I just do housework and carry my phone around.  Think how frustrated the call center people must be with the volume of calls and the angry people on hold.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rohudd1 said:

I believe that the number is the same for Blue Chip and reservations.  I am ready to hang up.  I began my call around 8:30 Eastern time.  

I've called twice.  First time about 40 minutes.  Second time 45 minutes.  Very frustrating!