constellation missing Oceanliners

maxsales

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Been replaced with Tuscan Grill

To the contrary - replaced with 'QSine' now aka Petit Chef.

Tuscan is up in that odd space near the the mid-ship elevators on Deck 11 on Constellation.

The M-Class ships are a bit different from one another at the moment.

We will miss Oceanliners, too.  Sorry that they replaced it with a cutsie venue instead.  Will be aboard in just a few days now.

Edited by canderson

13 minutes ago, maxsales said:

I have been away from Celebrity and my favorite ship for a couple years.  Reaching out to all the Celebrity experts to see what happened to ocean liners.  That was our favorite restaurant on the Connie.

Sadly, all of the original specialty restaurants on M class have been replaced.

50 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Been replaced with Tuscan Grill

sorry that's not true both were on the Connie last time we sailed on her ocean liners on deck 3 and Tuscan on deck 11

Edited by maxsales

21 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Murano has replaced Ocean Liners. Having sailed on the SS United States, our favourite was the SS United States Ocean Liners restaurant on the Infinity.

Gotta say that Murano is extremely good as well. 

Enjoy...

sorry that's not correct either no Murano on the Connie.  I don't believe there is a Murano's on any M class ship.

20 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Murano has replaced Ocean Liners. Having sailed on the SS United States, our favourite was the SS United States Ocean Liners restaurant on the Infinity.

Enjoy...

No Murano on Constellation.  Only wish that were true.  We'd be all over it!

Constellation_Fact_Sheet.pdf

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

No Murano on Constellation.  Only wish that were true.  We'd be all over it!

Constellation_Fact_Sheet.pdf 2.22 MB · 1 download

Really not a fan of quisine, and Tuscan grill is only some times good for a veal chop.  Really sad there isn't a true speciality restaurant on board.

Ocean Liners and the equivalent restaurants were removed from the M class ships sometime in 2015/2016. I sailed Millennium in November 2015 and she still had hers (the Olympic Restaurant), but by March of 2016 when I sailed on Summit, it had been replaced with Tuscan Grille. 

In my opinion, a real step down- the food at Olympic was the best meal I've ever eaten on a cruise ship, while I've only ever had so-so meals at Tuscan Grille. I'm so looking forward to finally sailing on an S class ship in 2022 to eat in Murano which is the same menu as the Ocean Liners restaurants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vms said:

Ocean Liners and the equivalent restaurants were removed from the M class ships sometime in 2015/2016. I sailed Millennium in November 2015 and she still had hers (the Olympic Restaurant), but by March of 2016 when I sailed on Summit, it had been replaced with Tuscan Grille. 

In my opinion, a real step down- the food at Olympic was the best meal I've ever eaten on a cruise ship, while I've only ever had so-so meals at Tuscan Grille. I'm so looking forward to finally sailing on an S class ship in 2022 to eat in Murano which is the same menu as the Ocean Liners restaurants.

exactly! see my post #3.

On 10/31/2021 at 11:56 AM, Crown Vic said:

Enjoy...

Did you sail on the actual SS United States?  That must have been interesting.  I'd love to see that ship restored and sailing again, but seems as if the restoration is cost-prohibitive.

Apparently, there's been movement towards having the ship restored and repurposed as a hotel and tourist attraction and my hometown of San Diego has been mentioned.

bc30eda3d739f392aeb57a794851710e.jpg

Edited by Stockjock

On 10/31/2021 at 1:48 PM, canderson said:

Tuscan is up in that odd space near the the mid-ship elevators on Deck 11 on Constellation.

I miss when that odd space was the Conservatory... I seem to remember a flower shop, piano, and maybe some type of golf simulator up there?  We took pictures up there on formal night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trabeler said:

I miss when that odd space was the Conservatory... I seem to remember a flower shop, piano, and maybe some type of golf simulator up there?  We took pictures up there on formal night.

I recall the flower shop and used the simulator several times.  That's back when they were still offering golf excursions.  Wish they still did.  Got to play some interesting courses I'd never have seen otherwise.  Still have my "Devil's Triangle" certificate from St. Thomas' Mahogany Run course somewhere.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:56 PM, Crown Vic said:

Enjoy...

We loved the Ocean Liners, and have a special fondness for the SSUS and the SSUS restaurant. We dine almost exclusively in Murano and love it.. We've run into many of the Ocean Liners personnel in Murano(s).

Stockjock, sailed on the SS United States from Southampton to New York, as a young student, going to do undergraduate work in Boston. Four and a half days to cross the Atlantic irrespective of sea conditions. It was rough at times. Recall speeds in excess of 30 knots.

Think the chances of restoration are slim, even as a hotel and tourist attraction something akin to the Queen Mary at Long Beach, but it would be wonderful if it happened. 

Cheers!

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Over the years the removal of those restaurants has been viewed as universal bad move by the people on Cruise critic.

Have to wonder why they were replaced with, from what I've read here, what amounts to a "one and done" experience for many?  If I understand, aren't the number of available seats less in Le Petit as well due to the technology?  We recall the old specialty restaurants being well attended.  Always loved it when we could snag the 'wine room' for six of us.   Really have to wonder if the economics have worked out for them?  

Edited by canderson
I hate typing on phones!

Booked a Connie cruise for our anniversary not knowing that Murano was gone.  I was dreaming of Dover Sole.  And then, hubby was excited about Key West and touring the CG ship museum there.  Now no Dover #ole or KW.

Totally agree about Tuscan Grille.  Those “French” restaurants were something special.  I have no desire to eat while watching a little fellow dancing on my plate and pay for it, too.

We’ll dine for our anniversary at Tuscan and hope it’s better than the other times we’ve eaten there.

The Connie is my favorite ship.  The last time we sailed her we were told that Ocean Liners was going to be replaced.  Had a couple of awesome dinners in The Wine Room.  Have read nothing but negative reviews on what they have there currently. 

We were booked for April 20, April 21 and now April 22.  I am so hoping we finally get to sail.  I booked a sky suite for this cruise and hopefully will enjoy dinner in suite restaurant.  Normally I book Aqua because I love Blu.  Muranos is my all time favorite cruise ship restaurant.

Times change but not always for the better for many of us.

On 11/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, trabeler said:

Yup..all gone!