do all ships now have "isolation" cabins?

minnesotasisu

35 minutes ago, mom says said:

I would love to know what makes you think this pandemic is going to wind down that quickly, with winter setting in (and people moving their activities indoors). There are predictions of an uptick, not down turn.

Rising vaccination rates

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mom says said:

I would love to know what makes you think this pandemic is going to wind down that quickly, with winter setting in (and people moving their activities indoors). There are predictions of an uptick, not down turn.

Rising vaccination rates

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Based on how many people have gotten Covid while sailing so far, they really do not need a lot of cabins.  Based the averages, they'd only need 3 or 4 at most.

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But they probably have to prepare for the worst case scenario, not the average of what has been happening.

JMO the cruise lines are doing a great job in keeping this contained with NO red ships, but these numbers (per the CDC report justifying continuing the CSO) show that they have to be prepared for anything. They might have to be able to expand the amount of isolation rooms as part of their plans for future sailings, even if they are not needed. 

Page 20

Between June 26–October 21,2021, 1,359 laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 were reported to CDC by cruise ships following the CSO.

Page 22

Between June 26-October 21,2021, 49 hospitalizations and 38 medical evacuations for Covid-19 or CLI were reported to CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/pdf/CDC-CSO-Extension-10-25-21-p.pdf

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But they probably have to prepare for the worst case scenario, not the average of what has been happening.

And, they likely need to be ready for Noro and flu outbreaks ... doubt the "stay in your cabin" honor system works very well

5 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Crew members will all need to have been quarantined prior to boarding.  Isolation cabins are not for the crew.  They'll be in the disembarkation city 2 weeks prior to boarding, so they can get to work the moment they board.

I follow a number of crew members on social media. They are all filming their quarantine onboard the various ships-and all have been balcony cabins. And remember as they change entertainers they must also quarantine. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, Lizabu said:

I’m booked on the Regal princess for November 29 and I had D530 booked and they recently moved us up a floor. The rooms are exactly the same category. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were on the same deck and moved up as well. No one emailed us or offered any explanation but a part of me thinks maybe they might use this part of dolphin deck for isolation cabins. 

For the Regal October 30th sailing, we were moved from D406 to an aft cabin on the same deck (Deluxe to Premium deluxe), no email notification only different number e doc sent to us. 

On 11/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, mom says said:

She did qualify it with "hopefully" which few seem to have noticed.  We can be hopeful and optimistic, which every person booking a cruise during these times has to be, otherwise why bother?

• Like 2

Most of the talk in Canada seems to be "Debbie Downer" when it comes to Covid-19.  Almost seems like an excuse to keep all mandates in place for longer.  That said, ON expecting to drop all mandates by end of March.  Seems unlikely if the Winter is to be poor as you think.  IMO, the pandemic has been winding down slowly - not quickly.  By next March, it will be two full years of shutdown.  We are now about two years with it since it likely had begin in China about two years ago.  We have very high vaccination rates and boosters are coming.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Most of the talk in Canada seems to be "Debbie Downer" when it comes to Covid-19.  Almost seems like an excuse to keep all mandates in place for longer.  That said, ON expecting to drop all mandates by end of March.  Seems unlikely if the Winter is to be poor as you think.  IMO, the pandemic has been winding down slowly - not quickly.  By next March, it will be two full years of shutdown.  We are now about two years with it since it likely had begin in China about two years ago.  We have very high vaccination rates and boosters are coming.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, although I might argue about the Debbie Downer label. There's a difference between caution and total pessimism. And the OP referred to hoping for a dramatic reduction, not a slow winding down, which I certainly hope will continue. As for Ontario mandates, the Premier's record on COVID management speaks for itself, and his eye is firmly on what will get him elected next year.

And let's not forget, the large proportion of cruises out of US ports. I'm not holding my breath that there will be a dramatic drop in cases in the states with such poor vaccination rates. Hence the need for isolation cabins on cruise ships. I'm sure the percentage of cabins set aside for this will be decreased over time; but I doubt it will be this winter. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Linsifer said:

You don’t think they would move any crew into a Club Class mini suite, do you? 
Also, are the chances having mask mandates fairly slim for next August 2022?  (Ruby out of SF to Alaska.)

Most club class mini suites are mid ship - it appears that most isolation cabins have been aft locations.  You should be ok but if they move you to a non club class location you should be able to keep the club class perks and get some money back

1 hour ago, mom says said:

I'm not totally disagreeing with you, although I might argue about the Debbie Downer label. There's a difference between caution and total pessimism. And the OP referred to hoping for a dramatic reduction, not a slow winding down, which I certainly hope will continue. As for Ontario mandates, the Premier's record on COVID management speaks for itself, and his eye is firmly on what will get him elected next year.

And let's not forget, the large proportion of cruises out of US ports. I'm not holding my breath that there will be a dramatic drop in cases in the states with such poor vaccination rates. Hence the need for isolation cabins on cruise ships. I'm sure the percentage of cabins set aside for this will be decreased over time; but I doubt it will be this winter. 

Actually, cases in the US have dropped drastically already.  We just did a week at Walt Disney World...packed as ever...you'd never know covid was an issue at all, except wearing of masks on transportation and inside the buildings.  Numbers in FL though are now some of the lowest in the country and where I'm from, SC, our numbers have dwindled to around 300 positives a day from 3800 a day in the last 6 weeks and less than 4% positivity.  Great reasons to be optimistic!!

• Like 1

My upgrade was from a mid forward deluxe balcony on Baja close to midship to a minisuite mid forward near front elevators on Riveria deck. Price of this cruise if booked today is $4332 CAD per cabin ( not per person) more then I paid. I have searched several cruises on the Sky and cannot find any availability on Baja deck for a deluxe balcony. Perhaps I was moved if the Baja cabins are being used for isolation cabins. My cruise is March 28/22. 

Probably not in Florida.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:44 PM, mom says said:

Not sure how it compares but in our state:
92% for those over 65
66.5% for 18-64 year old
48% for 12-17 years old.
Do you consider that poor vax rates? And more and more are still getting them.

Edited by suzyed

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

92% for those over 65
66.5% for 18-64 year old
48% for 12-17 years old.

The major problem is the younger people not getting vaccinated 

24 minutes ago, memoak said:

The major problem is the younger people not getting vaccinated 

That's true...but I think they are coming around.  And I don't expect to see too many of them on Princess!  LOL!

On 11/4/2021 at 2:42 PM, USCcruisecrazy said:

Actually, cases in the US have dropped drastically already.  We just did a week at Walt Disney World...packed as ever...you'd never know covid was an issue at all, except wearing of masks on transportation and inside the buildings.  Numbers in FL though are now some of the lowest in the country and where I'm from, SC, our numbers have dwindled to around 300 positives a day from 3800 a day in the last 6 weeks and less than 4% positivity.  Great reasons to be optimistic!!

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Probably not in Florida.

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

92% for those over 65
66.5% for 18-64 year old
48% for 12-17 years old.

There has been plenty of negatively-slanted and fake news in Canada (at least Ontario) about Florida.  I believe it is primarily due to sources used on Canadian network like CTV and preponderance of people accessing US MSM that is anti-anything-right.  I see unbalanced reporting all the time.  I recall last Winter when we flew down to FL for a couple of months (shipped our vehicle on a truck), people we knew at home had impression we were heading into a Covid-19 death trap when it was actually safer than being where we live normally.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:47 PM, SeaHunt said:

JMO the cruise lines are doing a great job in keeping this contained with NO red ships, but these numbers (per the CDC report justifying continuing the CSO) show that they have to be prepared for anything. They might have to be able to expand the amount of isolation rooms as part of their plans for future sailings, even if they are not needed. 

Page 20

Between June 26–October 21,2021, 1,359 laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 were reported to CDC by cruise ships following the CSO.

Page 22

Between June 26-October 21,2021, 49 hospitalizations and 38 medical evacuations for Covid-19 or CLI were reported to CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/pdf/CDC-CSO-Extension-10-25-21-p.pdf

I do not know the Carnival Corp numbers, but for RCCL and all its brands they reported last week ""Over 500,000 guests since restart with only 150 Covid cases.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:50 AM, Linsifer said:

You don’t think they would move any crew into a Club Class mini suite, do you? 

Unlikely, but if they have the access doors closed to the hallway where the quarantine cabins are, then the higher category cabins in that area would also be unavailable to passengers even if crew do not use them.