Showing proof of vaccination

jamon

Am I correct that you only have to bring proof of having had the two vaccinations on the day you board the cruise and not before hand????? in addition of bringing proof of a negative test two days before the cruise.......

It is listed on the  cruise information you fill out online, but you are not required to answer (thank DeSantis for that in Florida only)).  However, , that said, when boarding, you will be asked no less than 4 times to show your vaccine card, front and back) and your negative test taken 2 days before.and passport.   They do check carefully and you will not be allowed on the cruise if you don't have either.  Have a safe cruise. 

Edited by Missymo
  • Like 2

Our experience last September when boarding the Millennium is similar to that of "Missymo."  We were asked to show our original CDC Covid-19 vaccination cards several times.  We had our negative test results on our i-Phones and had printed copies as well.  It worked well to have the printed copies as the first person who looked at the test results had a bright yellow highlighter and underlined the date of the test.  

• Like 2

One other piece of advise.   While we have our original Vac cards I also have copies which I use in the Caribbean  to leave the ship.   I don't like to carry my original all the time.   As of last month most Caribbean ports require you so show the card to get off the ship or to leave the port.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

One other piece of advise.   While we have our original Vac cards I also have copies which I use in the Caribbean  to leave the ship.   I don't like to carry my original all the time.   As of last month most Caribbean ports require you so show the card to get off the ship or to leave the port.

Jim- what type of copy? We have photos of our CDC cards on our phones.  And now our booster evidence too.   Will this phone image be acceptable in the Caribbean ports?

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Jim- what type of copy? We have photos of our CDC cards on our phones.  And now our booster evidence too.   Will this phone image be acceptable in the Caribbean ports?

I made a photocopy of both sides of my card side-by-side and folded.   Once I laminated it I have a hard time differentiating it from my original.     It was accepted every time I left the ship.     The Security only wanted to see you had a copy or original on you and don't even look at the details.    I also used the copy when dining in SF where Vac card required for all Bars and Restaurants. 

BTW I also have a copy of my phone as well as the California Confirmation QR Code with details on my phone. 

• Like 2

I don't understand about the showing (and downloading, which I have done) the back of the cards; ours has nothing but a place to remind about the second vaccination, never filled out, and some other information.  There is nothing there to check.

Do some cards have information filled in on the back?

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

3 minutes ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I don't understand about the showing (and downloading, which I have done) the back of the cards; ours has nothing but a place to remind about the second vaccination, never filled out, and some other information.  There is nothing there to check.

Not all do, but I assume it is to show it is a real card

On 11/4/2021 at 5:00 PM, DaKahuna said:

If you check in for your cruise using the Celebrity App you will be asked to upload a copy of the front and back of your vaccination card.  

We checked in for our upcoming cruise a couple of weeks ago. We uploaded the cards on the app. Yesterday I received an email from Celebrity asking if we are vaccinated and if we can prove it. I know that we have to bring the card anyway, but what was the point of uploading the card 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Purplsmurf

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

We checked in for our upcoming cruise a couple of weeks ago. We uploaded the cards on the app. Yesterday I received an email from Celebrity asking if we are vaccinated and if we can prove it. I know that we have to bring the card anyway, but what was the point of uploading the card 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same here but I just assume procedures are still being tweaked. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, DaKahuna said:

If you check in for your cruise using the Celebrity App you will be asked to upload a copy of the front and back of your vaccination card.  

I did my checkin just now for my cruise in a few days and was surprised I was not prompted to upload my vax card.  I was just issued an Xpress Pass after I finished the form and photo upload.  I went back and looked again to try and find where to upload my card and was told I was already checked in and found nothing telling me to upload it. 

Is it a problem if I have no card uploaded but just bring it physically?

6 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

I did my checkin just now for my cruise in a few days and was surprised I was not prompted to upload my vax card.  I was just issued an Xpress Pass after I finished the form and photo upload.  I went back and looked again to try and find where to upload my card and was told I was already checked in and found nothing telling me to upload it. 

Is it a problem if I have no card uploaded but just bring it physically?

The only prompt to upload the vax card is in the app. Did you use that to check in? If not, try that. If so, log out of the app, restart your device, and log back in. 

If you still don’t see that prompt, perhaps it’s because it’s too close to your sailing, but I’m not sure. 

We laminated our 2-shot Covid vaccination card so when we got our booster they just added a plain sticker showing the booster info to it.  I am not able to scan this to the Celebrity site so I plan to bring original and copies and also they will have to take our pictures.  Wish I knew how to add these but I do not.  They have always been willing to help at check-in.  

21 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We have shot 1 on the front and shot 2 on the back.  Both with stickers.  So when we went recently for shot 3 the pharmacist had to write the info at the very bottom of the card in the front where he could fit it in.  I asked for a new card for shot 3 (and perhaps yearly beyond?) but he did not have them or refused to give me one for some reason.

23 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Mine also doesn't have anything on the back.   My info on front were all hand written.   May daughters has stickers for each Vac and they put the 3rd on the back.   I think they want to see the back to confirm it is a "real" card.   A photo copy would probably only be a single side.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We laminated our originals and so received a new card for our boosters. 

Same here.  They just re-issued a new CDC card for the booster.

Like others, I was asked no less than 3 times about proof of vaccine and negative COVID test proof upon getting to embarkation port.

That does not include the on line health questionnaire I completed before I even got to the embarkation port.

Celebrity makes very certain you're vaccinated and you are negative for COVID before you set foot on their ships.

Not sure what's happening in FL, but the above process was for both my summer Celebrity cruises out of FL.

I don't think Celebrity would be my choice if I didn't want to be vaccinated (same with NCL as I sailed them last month).  They're both fairly strict on COVID testing and vaccine requirements.  Best I can tell, both lines are requiring vaccines and testing regardless of where they're sailing from.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Maybe, just maybe the upload did not upload correctly???

In health and bon voyage