BTimmer's Almost Live from the Rotterdam 11/21/21-12/1/21

Btimmer

Greetings all.  We're off again.  After missing the Rotterdam's inaugural sailing, we found a Caribbean cruise that works for us.  I've set up 4 snorkeling trips, a return visit with friends on Aruba, and we are visiting two new countries for us:  Dominican Republic and Bonaire.  I'll be doing a review of our inside aft stateroom and other items on the ship.  We're all packed and ready for a new adventure in some place that's sunny and warm.  If you have any questions about the ship, please post them in this thread and I'll try to answer them as honestly as I can.  We will have internet, but on our last cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the CC website didn't work well for me. 

I'll also have a daily blog which I'll post a link to closer to the cruise date.

Stay tuned.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Btimmer,

I look forward to your posts as we are booked on Dec. q1, 2021 Rotterdam cruise. I see by your name tag the word "Burien". Is that Burien, WA? If so, we are almost neighbors. I will also let others on my cruise know about your postings. Bon Voyage!

Jim 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Btimmer,

I look forward to your posts as we are booked on Dec. q1, 2021 Rotterdam cruise. I see by your name tag the word "Burien". Is that Burien, WA? If so, we are almost neighbors. I will also let others on my cruise know about your postings. Bon Voyage!

Jim 

Yes.  We live one mile north of the end of the SeaTac runways.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Will be following, thank you for doing this!  (I bet you're glad to get away from this rain!!!)

The rain is precisely why I started investigating where we could go that's warm and sunny.  Plus we love to snorkel, and we've never been to Bonaire or the Dominican Republic. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

How exciting!  I love "Live From" threads - thanks for taking the time to do this for the rest of us!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Don't set your expectations too high! 😁  Mine's "Almost Live".  We do have fun cruising and sharing our times on these threads.

• Like 3

Btimmer,

Jim 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Greetings all.  We're off again.  After missing the Rotterdam's inaugural sailing, we found a Caribbean cruise that works for us.  I've set up 4 snorkeling trips, a return visit with friends on Aruba, and we are visiting two new countries for us:  Dominican Republic and Bonaire.  I'll be doing a review of our inside aft stateroom and other items on the ship.  We're all packed and ready for a new adventure in some place that's sunny and warm.  If you have any questions about the ship, please post them in this thread and I'll try to answer them as honestly as I can.  We will have internet, but on our last cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the CC website didn't work well for me. 

I'll also have a daily blog which I'll post a link to closer to the cruise date.

Stay tuned.

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise . It looks similar to our last cruise on the Zuiderdam in December of 2019 and our upcoming cruise on the Neiuw Amsterdam on December 30th . We look forward to your review and to whet your appetite you may like to look at our photo review of that cruise found here :

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Btimmer said:

The rain is precisely why I started investigating where we could go that's warm and sunny.  Plus we love to snorkel, and we've never been to Bonaire or the Dominican Republic. 

I really enjoyed Bonaire! Have a wonderful trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Btimmer said:

No snorkeling in Southern California but we have had at most half an inch of rain since March, all on one day 3 weeks ago. For the last few days it has been 90 degrees in the afternoon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

No snorkeling in Southern California but we have had at most half an inch of rain since March, all on one day 3 weeks ago. For the last few days it has been 90 degrees in the afternoon.

Parts of Western WA received over 2" yesterday on top of multiple days of large rainfall totals.  On my FB page, I even donned a life vest to indicate I was ready for more.  The local weather forecasters call it an "atmospheric river" which is a term I've never heard before.  I also have had to clear broken limbs today from a previous storm so that we would be safe to walk to the car.

• Like 3

It’s great you’re cruising again!  As almost neighbours to you in Seattle our British Columbia has had huge wind and rain storms devastating some of our Province and highways.  

In Bonaire we’ve snorkelled with Woodwind and SeaCow. Both were great.  Have a wonderful cruise! 

• Like 3