Zaandam

La Paz MX
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1117World.thumb.png.f66af34fe3f95fc004872ff26a53b600.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day.

Interesting days.  Electronic greeting cards are popular.  I think I will make some bread today, I haven't in a while.  Taking a hike can be a good thing.

Good quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and the wine are tasty too.

@grapau27Good luck with your melanoma removal.

@rafinmdHope you are home soon.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Stay safe.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich 🙂 

Good collection of days .  I prefer the regular greeting cards over the electronic but either is a nice gesture.  Miss my mother’s homemade bread - it was the best!

Love today’s quote and the meal sounds good.  Not sure what our meal will be tonight.  It will depend on how today’s appointments go and the verdicts. If it’s not good, I may not be too motivated.  For now, this is my mantra:

F7A7FDD2-6C24-4C1F-8217-8B179AF55974.thumb.jpeg.105866557092d5c0255da0ca479b5d7d.jpeg

Here is today’s Care & Celebration list.  Apologies if I have accidentally omitted anyone.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Flooding, evacuation, destruction & lost lives in Washington, Oregon   and British Columbia

rafinmd in hospital & undergoing radiation treatment

kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice

mamaofami for all the strength she has needed for this difficult time

StLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma

cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home

Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments

USN59-79 with kidney stone

grapau27 surgery today.

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

4 BHB with passengers

Front Line Health Care Workers

lazey1 feeling better

horizonchaser1947 settled in Mexico

Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)

Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom & LAFFNVEGAS (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21)

RSWBADGER & NCTribefan enjoying the Eurodam

Happy Anniversary to *MIss G* yesterday

Safe travels Crazy for Cats

Irishjim’s wife, Sheila improving

57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29

Captain_Nice - welcome to the Daily

Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - our first female staff captain

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 11

14 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day.

Interesting days.  Electronic greeting cards are popular.  I think I will make some bread today, I haven't in a while.  Taking a hike can be a good thing.

Good quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

Hope the drink and the wine are tasty too.

@grapau27Good luck with your melanoma removal.

@rafinmdHope you are home soon.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Stay safe.

Thank you Melanie.

It is a basal cell skin cancer fortunately not a melanoma.

Graham.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone and thanks for today’s daily report Rich. I’m on the fence about electronic greeting cards.  Homemade bread is great, especially when baking.  I’ll take a hike along the harbor at lunchtime today.  The quote is good solid advice.  I think that the meal suggestion sounds very good. Haven’t been to today’s port and looking forward to seeing the pictures. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today and Roy don’t scare us like that, I’m glad that you are ok.  Cheers to all dailyites celebrating a happy event today!

• Like 26

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I do enjoy the electronic greeting cards, but, like Jacqui, I prefer regular ones. I love the smell of bread baking. I'll be making cornbread today, it's not the same but it is bread.🙂 We have a few trails at varied levels in our community. I think by spring I'll be able to take time to explore a couple of them.

I love the quote and the meal sounds good. Looking forward to the recipes.

Very little got done on the house yesterday, but it was a beautiful drive to and from Dalonegha. Apparently the only way to get there from here is to drive 12 miles through a National Forest. After getting our new IDs we made a quick grocery run and a stop at Home Depot.

Wishing you a smooth and successful operation today, Graham. @grapau27

@rafinmdRoy, I hope to hear that you are going home today.

@kazuJacqui, thank you for filling in and praying your appointments go well and all end with good news.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from a sunny 52°F North East coast of England.

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Thank you Jacqui for the lists and funny memes.

Electronic greetings cards are lovely but make sure you know who they have come from as malware could be inside.

Homemade bread always has a lovely yeasty taste.

Hike day is a must to keep ourselves healthy.

Nice food and drink today.

Interesting quote.

We have never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 for our care list.

Best wishes to Roy for a quick recovery and to get his radiation treatment back on track.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Take care.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211117_121528.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I do enjoy the electronic greeting cards, but, like Jacqui, I prefer regular ones. I love the smell of bread baking. I'll be making cornbread today, it's not the same but it is bread.🙂 We have a few trails at varied levels in our community. I think by spring I'll be able to take time to explore a couple of them.

I love the quote and the meal sounds good. Looking forward to the recipes.

Very little got done on the house yesterday, but it was a beautiful drive to and from Dalonegha. Apparently the only way to get there from here is to drive 12 miles through a National Forest. After getting our new IDs we made a quick grocery run and a stop at Home Depot.

Wishing you a smooth and successful operation today, Graham. @grapau27

@rafinmdRoy, I hope to hear that you are going home today.

@kazuJacqui, thank you for filling in and praying your appointments go well and all end with good news.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Thank you very much for your kind wishes.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Jacqui for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Sue and I would keep in touch using E-cards when we first met 20 years ago. Our intention was to have five contacts each day and this would be one of them.

• Like 24

Good morning.  Wishing a quick and painless procedure today for @grapau27Graham.  Glad for the clarification on type of skin cancer.  Mention of melanoma was alarming.

Fingers crossed and prayers said that @rafinmdRoy is stabilized and can move forward with radiation therapy. And I hope breakfast is better than dinner.  We're lucky here in San Diego.  Our posh hospital offers a menu from which to choose some pretty darn good things.

From the collection of days...I'll take the bread.  Homemade bread is the best.

Thank you Rich and Company for the Daily.  Prayers for those needing them and cheers to those celebrating.  Everyone, have a safe and peaceful Wednesday.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning.  Wishing a quick and painless procedure today for @grapau27Graham.  Glad for the clarification on type of skin cancer.  Mention of melanoma was alarming.

Fingers crossed and prayers said that @rafinmdRoy is stabilized and can move forward with radiation therapy. And I hope breakfast is better than dinner.  We're lucky here in San Diego.  Our posh hospital offers a menu from which to choose some pretty darn good things.

From the collection of days...I'll take the bread.  Homemade bread is the best.

Thank you Rich and Company for the Daily.  Prayers for those needing them and cheers to those celebrating.  Everyone, have a safe and peaceful Wednesday.

Thank you so much for your best wishes,they are much appreciated.

Graham.

• Like 11

Thank you Rich for today’s Daily! Thank you, Jacqui for stepping in to care for our lists. Morning Dailyite family. 
Thinking & praying for @rafinmd & @grapau27 today. @kazu, praying that all goes well for you Jacqui. 

A bit warmer here this morning. Another lovely day. Early class this morning. Hope to read good news later. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Pian di Remole Bianco 

This light and crisp Toscana from Tuscany has great consumer ratings. The 2019 vintage seems to have slightly higher ratings. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $7.95!

Winemaker Notes 

A vinification based on a blend of Vermentino and Trebbiano grapes. The white wine of Toscana Santa Maria Winery "Pian di Remole" is a wine that comes from the long wine tradition of the Frescobaldi family. It is characterized by intense aromas and by the remarkable fruity and floral aromatic expression, it is characterized by a pleasing freshness. The aging takes place for a period of no more than 3 months in stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and aromas of the varietals.

Characteristics of the white wine Pian di Remole Frescobaldi

The organoleptic analysis of Pian di Remole wine shows a crystalline straw-yellow color, with golden reflections that underline the structure and crispness that will then be found in the taste. The scent on the nose emerges clear exotic notes, such as pineapple and apple, accompanied by floral hints of hawthorn and acacia. It closes with a delicate memory of honey. The taste on the palate is fresh and round with a good structure.

Suggested pairings tasting this Tuscan white wine

A wine that goes perfectly with fish dishes, shellfish, first courses and seafood risotto. It should be served in a high and wide glass which allows the olfactory notes to be diffused, at a temperature of 8-10ºC.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Just now, cat shepard said:

Thank you Rich for today’s Daily! Thank you, Jacqui for stepping in to care for our lists. Morning Dailyite family. 
Thinking & praying for @rafinmd & @grapau27 today. 

A bit warmer here this morning. Another lovely day. Early class this morning. Hope to read good news later. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Pian di Remole Bianco 

This light and crisp Toscana from Tuscany has great consumer ratings. The 2019 vintage seems to have slightly higher ratings. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $7.95!

Winemaker Notes 

A vinification based on a blend of Vermentino and Trebbiano grapes. The white wine of Toscana Santa Maria Winery "Pian di Remole" is a wine that comes from the long wine tradition of the Frescobaldi family. It is characterized by intense aromas and by the remarkable fruity and floral aromatic expression, it is characterized by a pleasing freshness. The aging takes place for a period of no more than 3 months in stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness and aromas of the varietals.

Characteristics of the white wine Pian di Remole Frescobaldi

The organoleptic analysis of Pian di Remole wine shows a crystalline straw-yellow color, with golden reflections that underline the structure and crispness that will then be found in the taste. The scent on the nose emerges clear exotic notes, such as pineapple and apple, accompanied by floral hints of hawthorn and acacia. It closes with a delicate memory of honey. The taste on the palate is fresh and round with a good structure.

Suggested pairings tasting this Tuscan white wine

A wine that goes perfectly with fish dishes, shellfish, first courses and seafood risotto. It should be served in a high and wide glass which allows the olfactory notes to be diffused, at a temperature of 8-10ºC.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Graham.

• Like 11

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I'm always amazed at the creativity of electronic greeting cards, but there's nothing like holding a card in your hand, reading what someone has written.  I made buns a few days ago, and we still have a lot, but I'll be making more next week, so that one will be taken care of.

Take a hike day - well after the snow that fell all day yesterday and most of last night, we won't be hiking anywhere far.  Likely to the front door where we'll shovel our way out and then tackle the driveway, sidewalks, and if there's any energy left, the back patio.  Trust me, we'll be getting lots of fresh air, but after it's done, there'll be coffee and Bailey's waiting for us to enjoy.

A couple of things today - a celebration for our DS and DDIL who celebrate their 11th anniversary, and a prayer request for DH's sister who is undergoing valve replacement this morning.  She received a call late yesterday saying due to the weather, there had been a number of cancellations, and if she could get to the hospital this morning by 6:30, they could do the surgery.

@grapau27sending good vibes your way for an easy surgery today.

@kazuyou've got a lot on your plate, sending you prayers and good wishes that everything turns out well for you.

I really like the sound of today's menu suggestion, but with the weather we've got going on, I'm putting together a big pot of hamburger soup.  It's easy to make, it makes the house smell great, and accompanied by some of the buns I made the other day, will be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.   Extra prayers for @rafinmdthat you're back with us soon!  Raising the glasses together to toast all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, be well and wear your masks.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone.  

All we need for today to be a good day all around is for a good outcome for @grapau27 Graham and for Roy @rafinmd to return home.  We all know that home is where you heal best.  We also need things to work out well for Jacqui @kazu.  The Daily would be a shambles if both Jacqui and Roy were out of commission. 

Today is PT followed by a haircut.  Then I am going to spot clean the carpet in the TV room.  It really should be replaced but I'm hoping to leave that for new owners to do.   They need something to do!

The meal sounds scrumptious today.  There are several different versions and it will be hard to pick which one is your favorite.  

This first one is a sheet pan recipe.  I love those as there is only one sheet pan to clean up instead of 4 different pots and pans.  https://freshflavorful.com/2020/02/baked-chicken-parmesan-with-roasted-tomatoes.html

Baked-Chicken-Parmesan-with-Roasted-Tomato-Sauce-7-732x1024.thumb.jpg.30b769021552d0efacdb03988c255103.jpg

This is Rachael Ray's version:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/parmesan-crusted-chicken-breasts-with-tomato-and-basil-and-potatoes-with-peppers-and-onions-recipe-1951965

817050215_roastedparmesanchickenandtomatoes.jpeg.b149b76f97bd88b0648f7ab813a420c9.jpeg

The next one uses balsamic roasted tomatoes.  Mmmmm.  I love anything balsamic.  https://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/12/crispy-parmesan-chicken-with-balsamic-roasted-tomatoes.html

1377639048_chickenandtomatoes.thumb.jpg.cb826fd7207fadfcb7cc853b453ce05a.jpg

There are more to choose from, but I chose the ones that looked best to me.  I might combine a couple of them for something like choice #1.  

Enjoy!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning Dailyites and thank you Rich for our Daily. 

Prayers out to Roy and Graham. Hoping all goes well with you both today.

Our care list is still growing. My hope is we have a full page of shout outs and celebrations and no one left on our cares list.

A beautiful dinner last night. Met our friends downtown. We had the patio to ourselves with a soft breeze and 80 degrees. On our way home a deer came within her tail of being hit. I shook all the way home.

The dinner and wine sounds good. Not sure what tonight's fare will be.

I loved my aunts hoska warm out of the oven.

image.png.32948e6584275fa93639159eccffc4f3.png

Ecards as Graham mentioned will carry spam. Many things learned when identity is stolen..

Have an awesome day. Prayers, Cheers and Blessings 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich 🙂 

Good collection of days .  I prefer the regular greeting cards over the electronic but either is a nice gesture.  Miss my mother’s homemade bread - it was the best!

Love today’s quote and the meal sounds good.  Not sure what our meal will be tonight.  It will depend on how today’s appointments go and the verdicts. If it’s not good, I may not be too motivated.  For now, this is my mantra:

F7A7FDD2-6C24-4C1F-8217-8B179AF55974.thumb.jpeg.105866557092d5c0255da0ca479b5d7d.jpeg

Here is today’s Care & Celebration list.  Apologies if I have accidentally omitted anyone.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Flooding, evacuation, destruction & lost lives in Washington, Oregon   and British Columbia

rafinmd in hospital & undergoing radiation treatment

kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice

mamaofami for all the strength she has needed for this difficult time

StLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma

cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home

Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments

USN59-79 with kidney stone

grapau27 surgery today.

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

4 BHB with passengers

Front Line Health Care Workers

lazey1 feeling better

horizonchaser1947 settled in Mexico

Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)

Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom & LAFFNVEGAS (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21)

RSWBADGER & NCTribefan enjoying the Eurodam

Happy Anniversary to *MIss G* yesterday

Safe travels Crazy for Cats

Irishjim’s wife, Sheila improving

57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29

Captain_Nice - welcome to the Daily

Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - our first female staff captain

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Jacqui:

Thank you for posting the Care and Shout out lists.  Thank you for "pinch hitting" for Roy.

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.  

All we need for today to be a good day all around is for a good outcome for @grapau27 Graham and for Roy @rafinmd to return home.  We all know that home is where you heal best.  We also need things to work out well for Jacqui @kazu.  The Daily would be a shambles if both Jacqui and Roy were out of commission. 

Today is PT followed by a haircut.  Then I am going to spot clean the carpet in the TV room.  It really should be replaced but I'm hoping to leave that for new owners to do.   They need something to do!

The meal sounds scrumptious today.  There are several different versions and it will be hard to pick which one is your favorite.  

This first one is a sheet pan recipe.  I love those as there is only one sheet pan to clean up instead of 4 different pots and pans.  https://freshflavorful.com/2020/02/baked-chicken-parmesan-with-roasted-tomatoes.html

Baked-Chicken-Parmesan-with-Roasted-Tomato-Sauce-7-732x1024.thumb.jpg.30b769021552d0efacdb03988c255103.jpg

This is Rachael Ray's version:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/parmesan-crusted-chicken-breasts-with-tomato-and-basil-and-potatoes-with-peppers-and-onions-recipe-1951965

817050215_roastedparmesanchickenandtomatoes.jpeg.b149b76f97bd88b0648f7ab813a420c9.jpeg

The next one uses balsamic roasted tomatoes.  Mmmmm.  I love anything balsamic.  https://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/12/crispy-parmesan-chicken-with-balsamic-roasted-tomatoes.html

1377639048_chickenandtomatoes.thumb.jpg.cb826fd7207fadfcb7cc853b453ce05a.jpg

There are more to choose from, but I chose the ones that looked best to me.  I might combine a couple of them for something like choice #1.  

Enjoy!

You offer variety on the meal!

• Like 10