Royal's Dynamic Pricing Policy Is An Absolute Joke

On 12/4/2021 at 10:18 PM, SNJCruisers said:

I know, but had it reserved last August and it got cancelled.  Added on the 5 day on the front end.  If Cats is still around, it's no big deal.  Heard that the redone shorter version is better than the original.

If we like it, then we'll try newer versions out of FLA. (The ship, not Cats)

There is a lot about Oasis that is superior to Harmony and Allure. Try Symphony next

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There is a lot about Oasis that is superior to Harmony and Allure. Try Symphony next

I like allure better because it doesnt have the abyss. It's in the way of my view from boardwalk. 

Loved oasis when it was new but havent done it since.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:48 PM, twangster said:

would be cool if we could take the best things we like from each cruise line and mash them all together to create "the best cruise line for me"

Dang, I really thought that was what Santa Claus was bringing me for Christmas!

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Tonight at 8:30 😻

Ive never understood some people's aversion to beautiful dancers in skin tight outfits!  Who cares about the plot or storyline 😇

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SRF said:

So why should someone pay for "free" drinks, if they don't drink?  Or pay for any of the "free" things if they do not need them?

In all fairness,  there are plenty of free things on a Royal ship that I pay for & don't use. Flowrider, Rock Wall,  Adventure Ocean to name a few.

4 hours ago, SRF said:

You probably fly SouthWest thinking that you really aren't paying for your luggage. 😄

Everytime I've flown Southwest,  their fares were cheaper than the competing airlines  that charge $80 for 2 suitcases pp. 

So yes, luggage does fly free sometimes. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thanks John.  How long is that world cruise?

A mere 9 months. And intense ports. Almost a port a day. Great ports but I'd be exhausted. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of things like drinks are included. Just your style. Even the precruise hotel included. 10% off for early sign up.

Edited by firefly333

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

A mere 9 months. And intense ports. Almost a port a day. Great ports but I'd be exhausted. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of things like drinks are included. Just your style. Even the precruise hotel included. 10% off for early sign up.

And non-refundable $8000 deposit.  I booked a 52 day cruise on Celebrity Edge, opted to pay a bit higher fare for refundable deposit 

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No, 10% off for early payment.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

100 sea days. Not counting the ones where we go through sounds, fijords, etc.

I think there is one stretch in Med with 19 ports in a row. But there is an overnight mixed in somewhere there.

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, if you don’t go, you are out 1200?  Seems fairly reasonable, although in the age of covid, I can’t quite imagine this cruise.  

Up until the Jan 2023 early payment deadline

Rest of insurance kicks in before that. Somewhere around 12 grand more from what I can tell

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Up until the Jan 2023 early payment deadline

Rest of insurance kicks in before that. Somewhere around 12 grand more from what I can tell

The Celebrity B2B2B2B is sold as 4 individual legs, our deposit was $900 for each, I thought that was fair.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

The Celebrity B2B2B2B is sold as 4 individual legs, our deposit was $900 for each, I thought that was fair.

Well, the world cruise is 5 times longer 😉

$3600 x 5 = $18,000

So, about the same total

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, the world cruise is 5 times longer 😉

$3600 x 5 = $18,000

So, about the same total

Are you booked on that cruise?  Sorry if I missed it in an earlier response.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes, but the two most important things are probably not included.  Excursions and laundry.