Cruise Plans Crushed for January

imola

We were going to book the Navigator of Seas for January but not now.   Just called the C & A Desk.  They said that even as a Diamond member we would have to book a Grand Suite to get double points.  It has always been a Jr Suite in the past. He said this is the new rule for Royal Caribbean.  Anyone else heard this? 

Also passed the eligible  time for the extra double points that would make us D+.  We would have already been D+ if RC had not already canceled three cruises this year.   

Also told me IF we cancel the cruise we have booked for April 2022 we would get a "cruise certificate" that would have to be rescheduled for a new cruise by April 20, 2022.  Is that the same as a FCC? 

He was very snippy and arrogant with me.  I was trying to make sure I understood what he was telling me and he kept saying, "as I have already told you".  When he told me that our cruise  in April was no longer getting double points because we are not in a Grand Suite but we would get the promo of double points I questioned him.  Good thing as once he actually checked he was wrong and we are getting both.  He never even apologized for getting it wrong.  

Very frustrating for me.  Bummed with RC changes that add up to  no cruise in January. 

Thank you everyone for listening.  

I haven’t heard about the changes to the junior suite point structure.  Thanks for mentioning it, I will check it out. 

As far as points for cruises, many lost an opportunity to gain points during the shut down! That is one reason why Royal Caribbean provided the double point bonus for so many months. 

Your diamond status has no bearing on receiving or not receiving points for a specific cabin category. 

I’m not sure  why you can’t book a cruise in January. You will get the points in relation to the particular cabin you book.

good luck

marci. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

I dont think C & A is what it used to be. I had to tell a agent yes there were solo cabins on the ship. She said no. I told her which deck to find them . Ooops. Not the first rep not to know basics. 

Try and bear with them as I hear it's very hard to hire help these days. It's a sign of the times.

• Like 2

From the Member benefits page on Royal Caribbean's website:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced rate upgrades.

The C&A Agent was completely wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I haven’t heard about the changes to the junior suite point structure.  Thanks for mentioning it, I will check it out. 

As far as points for cruises, many lost an opportunity to gain points during the shut down! That is one reason why Royal Caribbean provided the double point bonus for so many months. 

Your diamond status has no bearing on receiving or not receiving points for a specific cabin category. 

I’m not sure  why you can’t book a cruise in January. You will get the points in relation to the particular cabin you book.

good luck

marci. 

The Op's post is a bit of a mess, could understand why the rep was confused except of course JS is double points.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RoyalC said:

The Op's post is a bit of a mess, could understand why the rep was confused except of course JS is double points.

So what was so hard to understand about that the Jr Suite issue and a rep that did not know squat ?  Sorry you feel the need to criticize rather than be helpful  

33 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

Plans crushed over points?

Lots of plans  that were in fact about getting points on this cruise and also  being told we were losing points on one we already had booked.   Very frustrating to have to deal with a RC rep who clearly doesn't know his product or job.  

23 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Agree.  Little bit over dramatic there.....

Really is name calling all ya got?   

How about you  deal with a snippy, arrogant rep who doesn't know their product or job.  Get told you are not going to get part of the product you already bought and paid for and see how  it impacts you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@imola, I'm confused a bit though too.  You were going to book a junior suite but decided not to do so because of not getting the extra point per night?   Because if you are referring to the double points promotion, those had to be booked by Sept 30th of 2021 (if I'm remember correctly) and sail by end of 2022.   I too would be diamond and well on my way to D+ if it weren't for the shutdown.  I did book a cruise on Navigator for this February, but I booked in October, so am missing out on the extra points from the promotion, but I should still get 2 points per night because we are in a JS, not a regular balcony, ocean view or interior.   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, imola said:

Really is name calling all ya got?   

How about you  deal with a snippy, arrogant rep who doesn't know their product or job.  Get told you are not going to get part of the product you already bought and paid for and see how  it impacts you. 

It’s pretty common knowledge, that a good majority of reps are pretty clueless. You already know that  rep was in the clueless group, so just call back and book your cruise. I would call the main number and not C&A number, or just book online, like I do and not deal with anyone.

As far as the cruise in april 2022 that you want to cancel.  Yes, if you cancel you will receive a fcc aka cruise certificate that you have to book the new reservation by april 30th and sail by either 9.30 or 12.31 I forget the date you can find on the rcl website.

The other option is to take the funds from that cruise and transfer the funds to a new booking instead of waiting for fcc to be issued.

24 minutes ago, rockmom said:

@imola, I'm confused a bit though too.  You were going to book a junior suite but decided not to do so because of not getting the extra point per night?   Because if you are referring to the double points promotion, those had to be booked by Sept 30th of 2021 (if I'm remember correctly) and sail by end of 2022.   I too would be diamond and well on my way to D+ if it weren't for the shutdown.  I did book a cruise on Navigator for this February, but I booked in October, so am missing out on the extra points from the promotion, but I should still get 2 points per night because we are in a JS, not a regular balcony, ocean view or interior.   

I was hoping for the extra doubled points but understood when it was confirmed that promotion was over.  It was the rep telling me that I had to book a Grand Suite or higher to get the standard double points.  We were wanting to book a Junior Suite. as we usually do.  He said RC no longer gives double points for that level of cabin.  I had him check our April cruise where we are booked into a Junior Suite.  He informed that since it was not a Grand Suite that we would no longer be getting the standard double points.  After I questioned that he "checked again" and found that he was wrong but no apology.  From the time he answered the phone he was snippy  and arrogant with me.  I hope this info helps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

You seem to be more interested and concerned with status 

Then going on  the actual cruise.

Wow.  You don't know me from anyone so to  make a judgement  statement like that says a lot about you. 

9 minutes ago, imola said:

I was hoping for the extra doubled points but understood when it was confirmed that promotion was over.  It was the rep telling me that I had to book a Grand Suite or higher to get the standard double points.  We were wanting to book a Junior Suite. as we usually do.  He said RC no longer gives double points for that level of cabin.  I had him check our April cruise where we are booked into a Junior Suite.  He informed that since it was not a Grand Suite that we would no longer be getting the standard double points.  After I questioned that he "checked again" and found that he was wrong but no apology.  From the time he answered the phone he was snippy  and arrogant with me.  I hope this info helps. 

Do not waste your time talking to someone who doesn't understand the product, ask for a supervisor or hang up and call again.  I have called Royal twice in the last week due to a cruise planner issue and I have had two excellent reps.  I only call the Crown and Anchor number as those reps are more knowledgeable.  All of us have lost cruises due to the pandemic and have not advanced within C&A because of it.  Oh well, nothing to get upset about.  Call back and hopefully, you get someone more knowledgeable. 

• Like 2

I agree that saying your cruise was crushed because of something you are fairly sure was a mistake by a cs rep is more than a little overdramatic.   If you wanted to know if the program had changed, you could look on their website, call back to ask another rep,  or ask a simple question here.  This is cruise critic, did you really think you would get an outpouring of sympathy?

• Like 5