Royal's ships 2023/24

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

What’s happened to Charles Teige?

He was the big captain for Asia?

Apparently did Wonder trails and hasn’t approved back on the list?

I don’t know but Captain Loy is on wonder, how come he isn’t on Ovation anymore? 

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know but Captain Loy is on wonder, how come he isn’t on Ovation anymore? 

3 years is the norm for a captain on a ship. Some do remain longer.

Chins returning to cruising certainly brings up some interesting deployment scenarios. Particularly with most Asian countries not buying cruises more then 3 months. 
If China did restart cruises in May 2023 and needs an additional ship besides Spectrum. Where does it come from?  They would want Quatrain or Oasis Class.
Another thing is what happened to the Chinese money that was put into getting Wonder to China. Did they get a refund plus interest? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, springaussie said:

3 years is the norm for a captain on a ship. Some do remain longer.

Chins returning to cruising certainly brings up some interesting deployment scenarios. Particularly with most Asian countries not buying cruises more then 3 months. 
If China did restart cruises in May 2023 and needs an additional ship besides Spectrum. Where does it come from?  They would want Quatrain or Oasis Class.
Another thing is what happened to the Chinese money that was put into getting Wonder to China. Did they get a refund plus interest? 

Maybe Captain Charlie Teige is on one of the new builds. They are both LNG and no hint where Utopia will be home ported. 
I have thought about the Chinese cash,wasn’t it a Shanghai Group?

They can’t blame Royal Caribbean for the pandemic or could they?

Maybe Royal has a hand out for more cash to build Utopia, Shanghai has LNG.

Radiance next October (2023) seems to be double booked.

It is supposed to leave Vancouver and go down the US west coast to San Diego . Then through the Panama to Tampa.

But there’s quite a few bookings in Hawaii with the other ships as if is doing a trans Pacific.

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Radiance next October (2023) seems to be double booked.

It is supposed to leave Vancouver and go down the US west coast to San Diego . Then through the Panama to Tampa.

But there’s quite a few bookings in Hawaii with the other ships as if is doing a trans Pacific.

Chiliburn just wanting to know that Ovation will definitely be here this year! Many changes with Princess but Royal have been very quiet. Any news from your friend Gavin? We have many cruises booked (as you have) but still not quite confident with the Islands. Cheryle

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Any news from your friend Gavin? Cheryle

Ovation and Quantum now has bookings in Hawaii to pick up passengers for the trans pacific , so it will be here. There may be some ports dropped and longer cruises cut in half .
It will be here as long as the government allows it.

Gavin wouldn’t tell us anyway ,big business is usually tight lipped.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 6/27/2022 at 8:56 AM, Chiliburn said:

Maybe Captain Charlie Teige is on one of the new builds. They are both LNG and no hint where Utopia will be home ported. 
I have thought about the Chinese cash,wasn’t it a Shanghai Group?

They can’t blame Royal Caribbean for the pandemic or could they?

Maybe Royal has a hand out for more cash to build Utopia, Shanghai has LNG.

Your Utopian keel has been laid.

275801604_Utopiakeel.jpg.3e53fe9f20e5c6344344d55d1887bc06.jpg

7 hours ago, resordanis said:

Chiliburn just wanting to know that Ovation will definitely be here this year! Many changes with Princess but Royal have been very quiet. Any news from your friend Gavin? We have many cruises booked (as you have) but still not quite confident with the Islands. Cheryle

I think Royal is just being quiet because it is a bit early to make a confident call on itineraries yet. Ovation will almost surely be here, but Princess can't be sure more than a month ahead yet, so I don't expect to hear much from Royal for another 6 weeks or so. I hope by then, everything has calmed down and itineraries can operate close to plan.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Your Utopian keel has been laid.

275801604_Utopiakeel.jpg.3e53fe9f20e5c6344344d55d1887bc06.jpg

You wonder where they are getting the money to build all these ships.

2 Royal Caribbean ships being built ,both supposed to be the biggest ships ever built and a 3rd and a 4th straight after those.Also a celebrity and a TUI on the go. 

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

I think Royal is just being quiet because it is a bit early to make a confident call on itineraries yet. Ovation will almost surely be here, but Princess can't be sure more than a month ahead yet, so I don't expect to hear much from Royal for another 6 weeks or so. I hope by then, everything has calmed down and itineraries can operate close to plan.

As long as all is sorted out before final payments for both Ovation and Majestic.!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You wonder where they are getting the money to build all these ships.

2 Royal Caribbean ships being built ,both supposed to be the biggest ships ever built and a 3rd and a 4th straight after those.Also a celebrity and a TUI on the go. 

From the bank? 😉 

Ship finance is interesting, and each new build will be partly owned by different financiers than the previous one, and providing a future 25 year income stream. There must be some deep pockets somewhere, but it seems big money has been able to ride out the past couple of years better than small money has.

23 hours ago, resordanis said:

I have not seen anything “ official” yet but according to Sydney Ports schedule the Ovation arrives in Sydney the 29th Oct and we look to have about 19 turns for the season so a full summer of cruising,( don't know all the itineraries of course)  Ovation looks like the only Royal ship and the Eclipse for Celebrity home porting in Sydney.. Quantum is going to Brisbane as is Solstice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

I have not seen anything “ official” yet but according to Sydney Ports schedule the Ovation arrives in Sydney the 29th Oct and we look to have about 19 turns for the season so a full summer of cruising,( don't know all the itineraries of course)  Ovation looks like the only Royal ship and the Eclipse for Celebrity home porting in Sydney.. Quantum is going to Brisbane as is Solstice.

Oops my error Solstice is not going to Brisbane as far as I know.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Thank you for the information!

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Thank you for the information!

Papeete has got October port bookings for

Majestic. 6&7

Eclipse.    9th
Grand.      15th

Ovation.    17th

Quantum.  19th

And Norwegian has multiple entities.

I was under the impression the big ships where ban from there but it looks like the usual suspects are on their way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Papeete has got October port bookings for

Majestic. 6&7

Eclipse.    9th
Grand.      15th

Ovation.    17th

Quantum.  19th

And Norwegian has multiple entities.

I was under the impression the big ships where ban from there but it looks like the usual suspects are on their way.

I thought it was only Bora Bora with the ban for larger ships. 

• Like 3

Are the Royal Caribbean ships bringing the new Royal 🥇 Medallion with them.

Such a success on Princess it is going worldwide, have you heard that 🌶 Mr Chilli? 

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Are the Royal Caribbean ships bringing the new Royal 🥇 Medallion with them.

Such a success on Princess it is going worldwide, have you heard that 🌶 Mr Chilli? 

Royal Caribbean already has something  just as useless as a Princess medallion.
It’s called a WOW band ,Royal has had them for 4-5 years??

Of course not as classy as a Medallion but just as useless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, springaussie said:

I thought it was only Bora Bora with the ban for larger ships. 

It is wider spread, but different size limits for different islands. Even when announced, it was thought existing bookings would be honoured.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal Caribbean already has something  just as useless as a Princess medallion.
It’s called a WOW band ,Royal has had them for 4-5 years??

Of course not as classy as a Medallion but just as useless.

Not sure what the arrangement is now. We had one when Ovation first came out, and they were included in the fare for the star class suites. For most passengers, you needed to pay for them if you wanted one. Ours came home in mint condition.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not sure what the arrangement is now. We had one when Ovation first came out, and they were included in the fare for the star class suites. For most passengers, you needed to pay for them if you wanted one. Ours came home in mint condition.

You did better than me , I didn’t even take it out of the box.

My teenage daughter use her one a couple of times but lost interest.

They are probably a good idea for someone who is going to be very active or kids that are running around.

I believe RC won’t be rolling them out as ships get overhauled.
I read, Allure won’t be getting them.
For people who are into technology the phone app does the same job and better.

For the dinosaurs and people who like to get away from technology.The seacards that has a chip does the same job .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

@chiliburn Philip, have you been following the thread on Quantum's engine problems?

Do you think it will make it here?

I haven’t been really following it but apparently like a lot of things in the world at the moment ,they can’t get parts .

They have 3 months, they should be able to fix it by the trans-pacific ?

Quantum isn’t selling very well compared to Ovation. RC is even offering a subsidy for airfares to Brisbane.