Royal's ships 2023/24

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

What Gavin should be doing with it is running a world cruise and take on Princess during the Oz Winter. Start and finish your in Sydney and  Brisbane. Leave Oz in May. 

Looking at the prices Princess is getting for their world cruises, I’d say it’s a goer.  
I would personally prefer a ship based in Brisbane.  

4 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Looking at the prices Princess is getting for their world cruises, I’d say it’s a goer.  
I would personally prefer a ship based in Brisbane.  

You could even do a dry dock in Cadiz for a fortnight or a month and let the Aussies explore Europe on land.

This would be a great selling point. 

3 minutes ago, springaussie said:

You could even do a dry dock in Cadiz for a fortnight or a month and let the Aussies explore Europe on land.

This would be a great selling point. 

Yeah, get into the tapas and Rioja in Spain.   😉👍

You have both got big Gav’s email?

But it’s not really there business model ,RC is more of a seasonal company.

But desperate times call for desperate change.

You should have a look at the travel advisory by the U.S. embassy in Mexico.

Do not travel ,seek secure shelter.

Murder,abduction,gun fire ,cars alight , just to start with.
 Basically a war zone.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

You have both got big Gav’s email?

But it’s not really there business model ,RC is more of a seasonal company.

But desperate times call for desperate change.

You should have a look at the travel advisory by the U.S. embassy in Mexico.

Do not travel ,seek secure shelter.

Murder,abduction,gun fire ,cars alight , just to start with.
 Basically a war zone.

Chilli, the problems are in the far north west of Mexico, not throughout.  

27 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Chilli, the problems are in the far north west of Mexico, not throughout.  

That’s where navigator operates.

But to be honest it’s not much worse than most U.S. cities.

Edited by Chiliburn

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

What Gavin should be doing with it is running a world cruise and take on Princess during the Oz Winter. Start and finish your in Sydney and  Brisbane. Leave Oz in May. 

Like it. Constructive, and should be a winner too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arxcards said:

The difference is that if you are booking a pair of interconnecting rooms, you are choosing the cabins. If you let them choose the cabins, a guarantee booking, you can save some dollars but have no say in which cabins or if they interconnect. In specifying interconnecting, that is changing from the cheaper option of letting them choose your cabins from a random block.

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

If you want connecting rooms,I would call who ever you booked it with and sort it out.

I can see a situation where there’re no adjoining cabins left by the time they allocate your cabins.

Thanks for your replies. Will wait and see what ensues, all a learning curve for her. Have noticed occasionally that they are charging less for you to select your own room.

• Like 2

Cruise Passenger claims Tasmania is looking at banning Mega Liners from visiting. 

A peak Tasmanian tourism body is calling for a five-year ban on large ships docking in the Apple Isle.

“We don’t believe Tasmania is suitable for these new generation mega-ships” Daniel Leesong, the chairperson of the

Tourism Industry Council Tasmania (TICT), said.

The organisation wants to restrict the number of tourists arriving on cruise ships every day.

With close to 5,000 passengers aboard, these ships are too big for the ports they are docking at, he said at the 2022 Tasmanian Tourism Conference.

He believes there are enough small and medium cruise ships for the state to build a vibrant cruise destination around.

“We want sensible, managed boundaries around the number of cruise ship passengers that are in Tasmania each day,” Mr Leesong added.

He had confidence that the new restrictions, which include a fee for cruise ships, would allow the Tasmanian government to maintain protected areas over the next year.

The TICT is calling for:

A five-year moratorium on ‘Mega Cruise Ships’ (those ships with around 5,000 passengers and more) visiting Tasmanian ports.

Agreement on a daily cap on the maximum number of cruise ship passengers visiting Tasmanian ports.

That a contemporary environmental regulatory framework, including a new fee structure, for all shipping visiting Tasmania’s protected areas and small communities, be developed within the next 12-months.

Tasmanian ports are expected to welcome 150 cruise ships during the 2022-23 season, including P&O, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean ships.

The Tourism Industry Council Tasmania also passed a resolution which seeks to put a restriction on the number of people arriving on cruise ships per day.

“TICT supports the following outcomes from the Tasmanian Government’s policy framework for the future of Tasmania as a cruise destination,” the resolution said.

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Cruise Passenger claims Tasmania is looking at banning Mega Liners from visiting. 

A peak Tasmanian tourism body is calling for a five-year ban on large ships docking in the Apple Isle.

“We don’t believe Tasmania is suitable for these new generation mega-ships” Daniel Leesong, the chairperson of the

The organisation wants to restrict the number of tourists arriving on cruise ships every day.

With close to 5,000 passengers aboard, these ships are too big for the ports they are docking at, he said at the 2022 Tasmanian Tourism Conference.

He believes there are enough small and medium cruise ships for the state to build a vibrant cruise destination around.

“We want sensible, managed boundaries around the number of cruise ship passengers that are in Tasmania each day,” Mr Leesong added.

He had confidence that the new restrictions, which include a fee for cruise ships, would allow the Tasmanian government to maintain protected areas over the next year.

The TICT is calling for:

A five-year moratorium on ‘Mega Cruise Ships’ (those ships with around 5,000 passengers and more) visiting Tasmanian ports.

Agreement on a daily cap on the maximum number of cruise ship passengers visiting Tasmanian ports.

That a contemporary environmental regulatory framework, including a new fee structure, for all shipping visiting Tasmania’s protected areas and small communities, be developed within the next 12-months.

Tasmanian ports are expected to welcome 150 cruise ships during the 2022-23 season, including P&O, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean ships.

The Tourism Industry Council Tasmania also passed a resolution which seeks to put a restriction on the number of people arriving on cruise ships per day.

“TICT supports the following outcomes from the Tasmanian Government’s policy framework for the future of Tasmania as a cruise destination,” the resolution said.

I was looking at that but I don’t think so.

They just recently certified Hobart’s Macquarie Dock for Oasis class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I was looking at that but I don’t think so.

They just recently certified Hobart’s Macquarie Dock for Oasis class.

Hadn’t seen the Oasis certification.  It’s not like 5,000 people swamps Hobart is it?  

The port authority will always want more revenue of course.  Other stakeholders appear to have different priorities.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Hadn’t seen the Oasis certification.  It’s not like 5,000 people swamps Hobart is it?  

The port authority will always want more revenue of course.  Other stakeholders appear to have different priorities.  

Well , I suppose certification was the wrong word but you know what I mean.

Hey at least I’m not chatting about Navigator ,Mexico and drug cartels.

https://www.tasports.com.au/volumes/documents/Projects/PORT25365-TP-Major-Ports-briefing-template-Macq-Warf-V4.pdf

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

My question is, where do they go when they come here?  Brisbane and Sydney are OK  but not many ports of call capable of  handling Oasis class  as they would not tender, surely.

I don’t know,but I’m sure BIG Gav must have a good idea.

From what I can work out it could do short coastal cruises,Sydney Brisbane and Eden is supposed to be upgraded.

Long coastal cruises to Hobart and possibly Adelaide??

The North Island of NZ ,Picton and Tauranga.

And Noumea and Vila are also possible .

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

From what I can work out it could do short coastal cruises,Sydney Brisbane and Eden is supposed to be upgraded.

Yes, it will be interesting to see where they can go, they may need a lot of guests who are more interested in the journey rather than the destination.I will have to keep my “ear to the ground” when we start back in October.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Thanks for sharing; sounds promising.  I assume it will be contingent on Lelepa.  
Given the shortage of suitable ports I can see them marketing it as a destination in its own right.  
I’ll be on board no matter where it’s going!  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Thanks for sharing; sounds promising.  I assume it will be contingent on Lelepa.  
Given the shortage of suitable ports I can see them marketing it as a destination in its own right.  
I’ll be on board no matter where it’s going!  

Quite possibly more of Royal’s hype.

But after the end of next year over the northern winter. They will be running out of places to deploy the big ships.

There’s going to be 7 oasis style ships in the Caribbean, not to mention the others.

I think that’s 23 ships in the Caribbean?? over winter 2023 
Correct me if I’m wrong.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, Chiliburn said:

Your my only mate on this forum and sometimes I’m not to sure on that.

On 8/17/2022 at 2:58 PM, gbenjo said:

And with good reason. 😂

I thought we were all mates on here 🙂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Tasmania looking at a large cruise ship ban , seems to be gaining momentum around the world . Two thousand was ok but Five and a half thousand is a no and no .

China has to come on line first to allow Oasis Class in Oz.

It sounds like the Chinese market are still getting Wonder.

We will just have to wait see if Wonder appears in the Caribbean cruises when the next next deployment starts to be released in November. 

On 8/19/2022 at 12:32 PM, springaussie said:

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

I think they need to be careful what they wish for. Lots of small ports struggle with 5000 passengers. Hobart isn't one of them.

Not sure if I was a Tourism operator in Hobart I'd be too happy with that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1