Royal's ships 2023/24

26 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Can anyone remember what Royal ship was or still is going to visit Gladstone? 

This one…

Brilliance Feb 2024

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/cruises/itinerary/16-night-all-out-australia-indonesia-from-perth-fremantle-on-brilliance/BR16K050?sail-date=2024-02-14&currency=AUD#step=1

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

I know it’s just a individual port but there’s a few things to see ,the Bundaberg rum factory 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I know it’s just a individual port but there’s a few things to see ,the Bundaberg rum factory 

Have to be keen for a rum… it’s more than 2 hours driving each way Gladstone to Bundy.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, springaussie said:

Navigator appears in Honolulu bookings 7 April 2024.

The first Navigator cruise after the break in Los Angeles departs 12 April 2024.

If Navigator doesn’t go back to L.A. ???

It could do a dry dock in Singapore ,April early May and be on our east coast for a winter season.

As Geoff said they could pull out of California all together or send something better to compete with carnival. Maybe a quantum class?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Navigator appears in Honolulu bookings 7 April 2024.

The first Navigator cruise after the break in Los Angeles departs 12 April 2024.

Hmmm…. do-able, at 20 knots with no stops.  Non revenue of course.   

12 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Hmmm…. do-able, at 20 knots with no stops.  Non revenue of course.   

Geoff and Chilli my guess is revenue!

Tokyo or Hong Kong to Los Angeles in one cruise. Cruise one Singapore to Tokyo or Hong Kong Kong. ( It should run from Oz like Explorer did for a few seasons.)

Maybe non revenue getting to Asia for the dry dock with the original Hawaii booking being deleted in February 2024. 
I think Royal will leave California first being allocating a Quantum type to the run. 

46 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Geoff and Chilli my guess is revenue!

Tokyo or Hong Kong to Los Angeles in one cruise. Cruise one Singapore to Tokyo or Hong Kong Kong. ( It should run from Oz like Explorer did for a few seasons.)

Maybe non revenue getting to Asia for the dry dock with the original Hawaii booking being deleted in February 2024. 
I think Royal will leave California first being allocating a Quantum type to the run. 

I was thinking revenue from Asia to Hawaii then non revenue to LA.

But you have a good point there.   

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They might not leave L.A. completely. How about Ovation split between Alaska and L.A. over Christmas.

A common seasonal pattern but I’d have thought Sydney would produce more revenue.  

24 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

A common seasonal pattern but I’d have thought Sydney would produce more revenue.  

The reason I thought of Ovation, for some reason it seems to have a cult following with the Americans .

And if we get a seasonal Oasis,Sydney is where it will be going because they can’t fill Quantum out of Brisbane.Let alone a oasis class.

Hey ,the trans pacific on Quantum is still on sale from Hawaii and that’s in a few days.

Have a look at it ,there’s even suites available.   I would jump at it but the airfare is the problem.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The reason I thought of Ovation, for some reason it seems to have a cult following with the Americans .

And if we get a seasonal Oasis,Sydney is where it will be going because they can’t fill Quantum out of Brisbane.Let alone a oasis class.

Hey ,the trans pacific on Quantum is still on sale from Hawaii and that’s in a few days.

Have a look at it ,there’s even suites available.   I would jump at it but the airfare is the problem.

I would but we’re on Navigator next month.   😀

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Chiliburn said:

Am I right in recalling all expenditure on board is in $US.  That has to be a negative with our weak $A

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Am I right in recalling all expenditure on board is in $US.  That has to be a negative with our weak $A

Yes $U.S. onboard, plus 18% gratuity.

But it doesn’t seem to have affected the precruise prices on cruise planner a great deal .Which is in Australian 
So I would suggest anyone on a Royal ship this season to buy before your cruise.

43 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes $U.S. onboard, plus 18% gratuity.

But it doesn’t seem to have affected the precruise prices on cruise planner a great deal .Which is in Australian 
So I would suggest anyone on a Royal ship this season to buy before your cruise.

I wouldn't cruise on a ship with expenditure in $US, so it won't be a problem for me.  Would you believe the first time I went to the US, I got $1.45US for my $1Aust.!  We used to bring eight big suitcases full of purchases home each visit from the US (family of four x 2 each).

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

I wouldn't cruise on a ship with expenditure in $US, so it won't be a problem for me.  Would you believe the first time I went to the US, I got $1.45US for my $1Aust.!  We used to bring eight big suitcases full of purchases home each visit from the US (family of four x 2 each).

I usually don’t get a bill on RC ,most of the time I have a OBC so I usually get off with a couple of hundred dollars bills.

Those were the days of a good exchange rate and good baggage allowance. And the quality of everything in America was so good.

Leave Australia with a couple of changes of clothes an 2 big empty bags.

Its much different now , a half decent hotel will cost us $500 a night. Food is expensive and all they sell is the same Chinese junk that we can get here.

Not to mention the poverty.If you look on trip advisor ,a common question is ,is it safe in this area? Last time I stayed in Venice beach there was a 10:00 p.m curfew.

21 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I usually don’t get a bill on RC ,most of the time I have a OBC so I usually get off with a couple of hundred dollars bills.

Those were the days of a good exchange rate and good baggage allowance. And the quality of everything in America was so good.

Leave Australia with a couple of changes of clothes an 2 big empty bags.

Its much different now , a half decent hotel will cost us $500 a night. Food is expensive and all they sell is the same Chinese junk that we can get here.

Not to mention the poverty.If you look on trip advisor ,a common question is ,is it safe in this area? Last time I stayed in Venice beach there was a 10:00 p.m curfew.

When we first stocked up in the USA, everything was high quality, made in the USA.  Now same brand but made all over the world except USA.  

I rarely have gotten any OBC, perhaps a token $50US.

I first observed the working poor in the USA.  Unfortunately, we now see that in Australia.

8 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes

About 10 years ago in the terms and conditions of promotions was “ Only available on ships that operate in USD”

Nothing has changed since from USD worldwide on Royal. 

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Nah, they both get a headline.

P&O first to Vanuatu, calling in Port Vila on 9th November, Royal first to Mystery Island on 12th.

At least Royal has now come clean on Quantum's 1st November departure - the winner is Noumea!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1