Royal's ships 2023/24

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

China has to come on line first to allow Oasis Class in Oz.

It sounds like the Chinese market are still getting Wonder.

Why?  They can home port Wonder in Singapore for the southern winter.  I think this is much more likely than China given the geopolitical situation.  
Also, it’s a much shorter repositioning between Brisbane and Singapore, compared to China.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Why?  They can home port Wonder in Singapore for the southern winter.  I think this is much more likely than China given the geopolitical situation.  
Also, it’s a much shorter repositioning between Brisbane and Singapore, compared to China.  

I agree Singapore deserves Wonder.

After all Singapore have done for Royal!

Darwin is an Oasis Class port. 
But  Chinese Consortiums have apparently put a lot of money towards Wonder. 
L

Royal has updated their covid policies, which if anything like Carnival, will have US passengers really excited that vaxx and test requirements are still in place down here. Sort of confirms that all of the cruise lines need to follow the same protocols on cruises down here. They might relax them later in the year, but not until after the transpacific cruises have arrived.

Royal Caribbean International Welcomes All Guests with New Protocols - Cruise Industry News

18 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Royal has updated their covid policies, which if anything like Carnival, will have US passengers really excited that vaxx and test requirements are still in place down here. Sort of confirms that all of the cruise lines need to follow the same protocols on cruises down here. They might relax them later in the year, but not until after the transpacific cruises have arrived.

Royal Caribbean International Welcomes All Guests with New Protocols - Cruise Industry News

I got a request for our vaccination the other day.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/resources/vaccination-form?country=AUS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the rumours of Royal might be coming to Oz in our Winter it is interesting to see that Carnival has port bookings in Brisbane for Luminosa Winter 2023 and 2024.

I realise Carnival  just announced the cruises on Luminosa including the Trans Pacifics. Luminosa has always been a seasonal ship like Quantum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

With the rumours of Royal might be coming to Oz in our Winter it is interesting to see that Carnival has port bookings in Brisbane for Luminosa Winter 2023 and 2024.

I realise Carnival  just announced the cruises on Luminosa including the Trans Pacifics. Luminosa has always been a seasonal ship like Quantum. 

When Carnival Spirit was scheduled to arrive in Brisbane in Oct 2020, it was intended to stay as a full time ship based in Brisbane. Now the spin is out for Luminosa, a sister ship that is half Costa, half Carnival, and half yearly.

For winter 2023, much has been made about her Alaska season, but anything is possible.  By the time we get to 2024, I would think Brisbane will be ready to fill winter cruises on Carnival.

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Quantum has had a fire in one of the engines last night on an Alaskan cruise. 

Another !

Wasn't the original problem a fire in one of the engines they a second went down for scheduled maintenance.
I don’t think they will fix that by the repo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Another !

Wasn't the original problem a fire in one of the engines they a second went down for scheduled maintenance.
I don’t think they will fix that by the repo.

Quantum is on the move at 16.8kn. I noticed earlier in the week she was up to 20kn according to Marine Traffic app. 

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A update on Navigator .

The Mexican national Gard has be called in to stabilise the area on Baja.

Navigator has been making port calls to Ensenada but not other ports.

Apparently not many people are getting of the ship while in Mexico.

1B97D81A-6DE6-4E1E-A937-4DD1843E2931.thumb.png.f36f18e314fa61cd8f81fca925622c9c.png

Chilliburn thanks 
I am certain Miami is doing the sums.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:47 AM, springaussie said:

Quantum has had a fire in one of the engines last night on an Alaskan cruise. 

This bloke is pretty good and he seems to think it was a fire under 270,not the engines.

I don’t think it will affect the trans-pacific.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

This bloke is pretty good and he seems to think it was a fire under 270,not the engines.

I don’t think it will affect the trans-pacific.

Thanks Chilli

Very interesting.

Hopefully Quantum can perform her duties as rostered and make Aussies happy over the 22/23 season. 

The last thing Royal would want to do is send her to Singapore for a dry or wet dock before Alaska 2023.

• Like 1

It’s going to be interesting to see how Royal roster's the dry dock of Quantum and Ovation when due in 24 or 25 seasons. 

Very likely it will be in Singapore.

Will it be a Trans Pacific from or to Singapore?

Or will  they go mid season to Singapore from Australia and return to Oz?

Brilliance of the Seas could be done in Victoria Canada like Radiance of the Seas has been a few times. 

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how Royal roster's the dry dock of Quantum and Ovation when due in 24 or 25 seasons. 

Very likely it will be in Singapore.

Will it be a Trans Pacific from or to Singapore?

Or will  they go mid season to Singapore from Australia and return to Oz?

Interesting question. 
Ovation seems to be due around April 2024 but the Sydney Honolulu TP is already on sale.  Can’t see when they can slot dry dock in without cancelling cruises.  
Quantum due around Nov 2024.  
These dry docks present an opportunity to change up the Aussie & Alaska deployments.  Odyssey replaces Ovation?  Ovation replaces Quantum? 

Could it be done in San Diego.

There’s talk California may drop the shore power requirements as there’s bad electrical shortages. Apparently ships have been denied shore power lately.

Could they rotate them out of L.A. if things improve in Mexico ?

Edited by Chiliburn

50 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Interesting question. 
Ovation seems to be due around April 2024 but the Sydney Honolulu TP is already on sale.  Can’t see when they can slot dry dock in without cancelling cruises.  
Quantum due around Nov 2024.  
These dry docks present an opportunity to change up the Aussie & Alaska deployments.  Odyssey replaces Ovation?  Ovation replaces Quantum? 

In the USA before the pause ships were just cancelled off cruises around 9 months in advance and sent to dry dock mainly in the January to Easter time slot.

The quiet period here would be February also.

Wonder could replace Spectrum.

Chilli is San Diego dry dock big enough for Quantum?
I thought none were on the West coast.  

25 minutes ago, springaussie said:

In the USA before the pause ships were just cancelled off cruises around 9 months in advance and sent to dry dock mainly in the January to Easter time slot.

Edited by Chiliburn

26 minutes ago, springaussie said:

No it doesn’t look like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

That’s workable if the ship only needs to travel a short distance to and from dry dock.  
But it’s 2 weeks each way between Sydney/Brisbane and Singapore plus 2 weeks in dry dock - 6 weeks.  Too much to take out of the local season I would have thought.  For Ovation, perhaps the last local cruise and the TP get canned if she is to continue in Alaska afterwards.  
I think we’ll see these ships replaced in that timeframe to generate interest but I wouldn’t have thought that would happen mid season.  

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Honolulu has a few entries for Ovation next season  23-24 when it’s supposed to be in Sydney .

And Navigator looks like it’s doing a possible trans pacific in February 2024.      L.A - Honolulu- westbound.

Chilli the one I find interesting is Serenade in Honolulu 10 March 2024.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:00 PM, springaussie said:

I’m thinking ovation will do a couple of Vancouver - Honolulu returns just like Radiance is this year.

Then head of to Singapore for a dry dock at the end of next year.
It might even replace Wonder in Singapore while it comes to Sydney.

San Diego has a new floating dry dock called  Pride of California . It’s owned by the military and  can’t take a quantum.

• Like 1