Royal's ships 2023/24

On 9/9/2022 at 9:27 AM, springaussie said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how Royal roster's the dry dock of Quantum and Ovation when due in 24 or 25 seasons. 

Very likely it will be in Singapore.

Will it be a Trans Pacific from or to Singapore?

Or will  they go mid season to Singapore from Australia and return to Oz?

Brilliance of the Seas could be done in Victoria Canada like Radiance of the Seas has been a few times. 

Apparently Ovation had it’s 5 year dry dock in March 2021 in Singapore before it went to Alaska.

So , I don’t know what the 3 mystery bookings are in Honolulu.

The word is for Navigator is it’s up for a dry dock early 2024 as with that booking is Honolulu, a trans pacific to Singapore.
And it won’t be returning to California unless sales pick up .

We will more than likely end up with it here after the Singapore dry dock.

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Apparently Ovation had it’s 5 year dry dock in March 2021 in Singapore before it went to Alaska.

So , I don’t know what the 3 mystery bookings are in Honolulu.

The word is for Navigator is it’s up for a dry dock early 2024 as with that booking is Honolulu, a trans pacific to Singapore.
And it won’t be returning to California unless sales pick up .

We will more than likely end up with it here after the Singapore dry dock.

Thanks Chilli

It will be interesting to see if Royal puts something in Japan soon.

Apparently Japan reopens for cruise ships March 2023. 
Tokyo has a new Oasis terminal 

19 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Chilli

Celebrity has a ship there for a few months so it’s possible but it does get cold in Japan.

Royal is sending a high ranking team to vanuatu next month to check things out for the coming season and  we should expect some news on Lelepa.

Edited by Chiliburn

22 hours ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Chilli

I think there is a good opportunity for Royal in Japan.  There were so enamoured with China that they overlooked it.  I’d be tempted to book if they send a ship and have decent itineraries.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

I think there is a good opportunity for Royal in Japan.  There were so enamoured with China that they overlooked it.  I’d be tempted to book if they send a ship and have decent itineraries.  

Princess have operated cruises return from Sydney to see the Cherry Blossoms in the past.

if Navigator is going as bad as claimed they could easy transfer here to Tokyo.

11 minutes ago, springaussie said:

What was Royal going to put in Hong Kong?

Icon or Navigator? 

image.thumb.png.518679a63c68a3691578b9372ed59712.png

That looks like Spectrum to me.

There’s a Hong Kong agent that’s advertising it , I would give you the link but I’ve been warned.

Here’ the news link

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3192934/governments-slow-ahead-speed-blamed-cruise-lines?module=perpetual_scroll_0&pgtype=article&campaign=3192934

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

@springaussie

Silverseas looks like they are doing cruises to and from and return, starting this year.

No guarantees they will go to Hong Kong, and might have to seek an alternate port.

As far as I can tell, the larger ships apart from QM2 hoping to call there during her world cruise in February, there is nothing for another year till Westerdam has a season scheduled.

Seems that China doesn't want a covid boomerang, and that influence spreads to Hong Kong. It will frustrate the cruise lines, as they also have to deal with China sliding down the preferred destination pole - hopefully they don't drag HK down with them.

Edited by arxcards

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No guarantees they will go to Hong Kong, and might have to seek an alternate port.

As far as I can tell, the larger ships apart from QM2 hoping to call there during her world cruise in February, there is nothing for another year till Westerdam has a season scheduled.

Thanks 

Edited by springaussie

Quantum of the Seas 24/25 season according to Brisbane Ports  is 06 December 2024 to 07 April 2025. 
Quantum is also booked in Darwin 25 November 2024 from 0530 to 1700 according to Darwin Ports.
Most likely a Singapore dry dock on the way from Alaska.

Edited by springaussie
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Quantum of the Seas 24/25 season according to Brisbane Ports  is 06 December 2024 to 07 April 2025. 
Quantum is also booked in Darwin 25 November 2024 from 0530 to 1700 according to Darwin Ports.

There’s going to have be another ship in the equation especially if spectrum goes to Hong Kong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Yep, that’s it.  
A trip to Singapore and return on the  ship might be in order.  
Great place to buy electronics gear plus no weight or bag limits on the ship.  I’ll be in the market for a new theatre AV processor by then.  😀

On 9/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, geoff2802 said:

How would interporting go between Singapore and Tokyo.

They would be fairy long cruises,10-12 nights or more.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

How would interporting go between Singapore and Tokyo.

They would be fairy long cruises,10-12 nights or more.

Maybe… Not sure.  Flights might need to get cheaper for one way cruises to work.  They have the 2 Singapore to Tokyo cruises on sale now.  Guess we’ll see how well they sell.  

I was thinking more of a Japanese home port season in their summer.  Have to dodge typhoons but that’s ok.  As you pointed out earlier, winter is too cold for year round cruising there.  Can see some obvious options that work seasonally eg Wonder (shared between Singapore and Brisbane) and Spectrum (Japan and Singapore).  

13 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Maybe… Not sure.  Flights might need to get cheaper for one way cruises to work.  They have the 2 Singapore to Tokyo cruises on sale now.  Guess we’ll see how well they sell.  

I was thinking more of a Japanese home port season in their summer.  Have to dodge typhoons but that’s ok.  As you pointed out earlier, winter is too cold for year round cruising there.  Can see some obvious options that work seasonally eg Wonder (shared between Singapore and Brisbane) and Spectrum (Japan and Singapore).  

Interporting seems to work well in the Mediterranean between Barcelona and Rome.I don’t think they are one way though,they are return from Barcelona or Italy.

That way they get a slice of both markets in Singapore and the Japanese market.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Interporting seems to work well in the Mediterranean between Barcelona and Rome.I don’t think they are one way though,they are return from Barcelona or Italy.

That way they get a slice of both markets in Singapore and the Japanese market.

Yes, you’re right.   You have to embark and disembark at the sane port.  
Too long in this case. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Yep, that’s it.  
A trip to Singapore and return on the  ship might be in order.  
Great place to buy electronics gear plus no weight or bag limits on the ship.  I’ll be in the market for a new theatre AV processor by then.  😀

Geoff the next step in confirmation is when Quantum appears visiting Hong Kong in October 2024. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:43 AM, springaussie said:

Agreed

It looks like Hong Kong has scrapped a lot of their Covid-19 rules.

My guess is Royal will be given permission to start cruises to nowhere ,probably around the start of next year.

That leaves a big hole in Singapore,what’s going to replace Spectrum in Singapore?