New baby wont be old enough to sail.

vandals04

We were originally booked with our then 3 and 5 year olds for 8/20.  Lift and shift to 8/21 and again to 8/22.  Now we have another baby on the way who wont be old enough to sail.  I know its a a pretty unique situation but has anybody dealt with something similar?  Our only options right now would be lose this cruise or move it a few months down the line and pay around double.

3 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

We were originally booked with our then 3 and 5 year olds for 8/20.  Lift and shift to 8/21 and again to 8/22.  Now we have another baby on the way who wont be old enough to sail.  I know its a a pretty unique situation but has anybody dealt with something similar?  Our only options right now would be lose this cruise or move it a few months down the line and pay around double.

I assume a nonrefundable deposit? I have one of those for sept and plan to wait and hope they still allow me to cancel and move it. Different reason, I decided it's too hot in sept and want oct instead. 

Right now I cant move it without losing one of the deposits, the other is a group price and refundable. 

So it matters how you are booked. I doubt there is a way to move it price protected but prices might drop before you cruise. I'd just wait until protocols come out for your date and try to cancel if for sure you cant cruise without your baby and someone watching him. Just keep a eye on how people react to covid and maybe prices will drop and it wouldnt cost so much to move. 

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I assume a nonrefundable deposit? I have one of those for sept and plan to wait and hope they still allow me to cancel and move it. Different reason, I decided it's too hot in sept and want oct instead. 

Right now I cant move it without losing one of the deposits, the other is a group price and refundable. 

So it matters how you are booked. I doubt there is a way to move it price protected but prices might drop before you cruise. I'd just wait until protocols come out for your date and try to cancel if for sure you cant cruise without your baby and someone watching him. Just keep a eye on how people react to covid and maybe prices will drop and it wouldnt cost so much to move. 

I can get FCC but it would have to be used by the end of the year and school starts the next week.  Then I run into the problem of having to take the 2 big ones out of school.  

6 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Do you realize that you do not loose the entire deposit on a non refundable deposit. You only loose 100$ of the $500. 

Actually you lose $100/person of the deposit.

Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD/80EUR per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

Edited by Another_Critic

I don’t have any advice, other than moving it sooner, before the new baby arrives, rather than later. 

But congratulations!

We refunded our 6/2020 and 12/2020 cruises because I was afraid of circumstances changing so that we couldn’t use an FCC. We did end up losing our airfare. 

1 minute ago, cyntil8ing said:

I don’t have any advice, other than moving it sooner, before the new baby arrives, rather than later. 

But congratulations!

We refunded our 6/2020 and 12/2020 cruises because I was afraid of circumstances changing so that we couldn’t use an FCC. We did end up losing our airfare. 

Thank you!

We originally tried doing that but prices were outrageous without any kids sail free sailings.  Now that window has passed.

53 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Do you realize that you do not loose the entire deposit on a non refundable deposit. You only loose 100$ of the $500. 

49 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Actually you lose $100/person of the deposit.

Non-refundable deposit: Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/100CAD/80EUR per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date.

Deposit was $250 (1k total) each but it was a lift and shift so from what they explained it would be refunded as a FCC and we need to sail by the end of 2022.

46 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

But congratulations!

The problem with moving it sooner is the Mom can't be more than 24 weeks pregnant when the cruise ends. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vandals04 said:

First of all, congratulations on your news. 

When you look at rescheduling, consider taking your kids out of school for a week, they are so young they won't miss much and cruising is such an adventure. 

If you have insurance, perhaps they will cover this as a reason to cancel

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

First of all, congratulations on your news. 

When you look at rescheduling, consider taking your kids out of school for a week, they are so young they won't miss much and cruising is such an adventure. 

If you have insurance, perhaps they will cover this as a reason to cancel

Most exclude pregnancy as a covered reason to cancel. Maybe even all do. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There is no way you can take the baby with you - they won't budge on that requirement.  I wasn't sure if you were asking about that in your original post or not.

She clearly said she knows she won’t be able to sail with the baby 

• 3 months later...

Just an update if anyone is interested.  My wife went into labor early at 36 weeks on 2/8 so the baby makes the cutoff to sail on 2/21.  Interesting enough Royal was able to add the baby to the room and I'm only paying port fees and taxes.  We will be 5 in a 4 person room so that should be fun.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

Just an update if anyone is interested.  My wife went into labor early at 36 weeks on 2/8 so the baby makes the cutoff to sail on 2/21.  Interesting enough Royal was able to add the baby to the room and I'm only paying port fees and taxes.  We will be 5 in a 4 person room so that should be fun.

Congratulations on the new addition.  Hope the little one is doing well.  And nice news on the sailing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vandals04 said:

I didn’t see the thread when first posted, but congratulations on the new arrival.