Cancellation / FCC

baldilocks

I am a bit confused about the cancellation / FCC policy. We are schedule for a Jan. 24th cruise on the Constellation. My wife has just hurt her knee and may need surgery...won't know until everyone is back this Monday. I have a heart condition. My doctor does not think going on a cruise at this time is a good idea. We are both 70+ in age. Now with new Covid variant who knows.

My question is that if we cancel and get a FCC, can it be applied to a Nov /Dec 2022 cruise? Thank you in advance.

What does the current Cruise with Confidence program offer?

Our current Cruise With Confidence program offers guests the ability to cancel their sailing for any reason, within 48 hours of their sailing date, in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit for amounts paid toward their cruise fare; The program also offers our Best Price Guarantee allowing guests to change their price or promotion up to 48 hours before sailing. These benefits are currently available on reservations made by January 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before May 31, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), excluding reservations for Celebrity Beyond.

Thanks for reminding me of this one year thing. We may cancel our 1/19 and 1/20 b2b and we have a 1/2 and 1/12/2023 booked. And these are much more expensive than we usually have to pay. So instead of using the FCC for our May or Sept. 2022 cruises, I think I'll apply FCC to those '23 cruises instead. 

• Like 1

FYI. I just cancelled our 4/24/22 Equinox 12 night Caribbean cruise. Just sent my TA the email so if anybody wants and Aft S-1 Corner Suite...it will become available as soon as she takes care of this for us.

Too much hassle to go on a cruise for us right now.

Here is the entire current Cruise with Confident details from Celebrity's website.  It looks like Jim_Iain post didn't have all the information.  You need to apply an FCC to a booking by May 31, 2022 and sail by December 31, 2022 OR one year from your original sail date, whichever is later.  That's a very important detail! See below for complete wording and details and visit Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence page frequently for updates.  I'm also not seeing a mention on Celebrity's website that states Beyond is excluded from Cruise with Confidence.  I'm going to ask my TA for confirmation on that.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.

• For cancellation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancellation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. (Only applicable in countries that offer a refundable deposit option).
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.
  • Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

FYI. I just cancelled our 4/24/22 Equinox 12 night Caribbean cruise. Just sent my TA the email so if anybody wants and Aft S-1 Corner Suite...it will become available as soon as she takes care of this for us.

Too much hassle to go on a cruise for us right now.

How thoughtful of you to give the category of your cabin so that anyone reading here would get first dibs on it.  Might be tempting for us since it sails on my birthday but we will already be on the Eclipse (if it sails).

Hope things calm down for all of us so that travelling stops becoming such a nightmare.

• Like 2

Under the FAQ section it states the below, which I queried with my TA and was told it was indeed the case, that the beyond is excluded from the program…

Our current Cruise With Confidence program offers guests the ability to cancel their sailing for any reason, within 48 hours of their sailing date, in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit for amounts paid toward their cruise fare; The program also offers our Best Price Guarantee allowing guests to change their price or promotion up to 48 hours before sailing. These benefits are currently available on reservations made by January 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before May 31, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), excluding reservations for Celebrity Beyond. The ability to reschedule or Lift & Shift a booking to the following cruise year at existing rates expired on January 31, 2021 and is no longer available within the Cruise With Confidence program. Guests who would like to reschedule their sailing for another date must do so at prevailing rates.

21 minutes ago, CocoCronut said:

Under the FAQ section it states the below, which I queried with my TA and was told it was indeed the case, that the beyond is excluded from the program…

Our current Cruise With Confidence program offers guests the ability to cancel their sailing for any reason, within 48 hours of their sailing date, in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit for amounts paid toward their cruise fare; The program also offers our Best Price Guarantee allowing guests to change their price or promotion up to 48 hours before sailing. These benefits are currently available on reservations made by January 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before May 31, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), excluding reservations for Celebrity Beyond. The ability to reschedule or Lift & Shift a booking to the following cruise year at existing rates expired on January 31, 2021 and is no longer available within the Cruise With Confidence program. Guests who would like to reschedule their sailing for another date must do so at prevailing rates.

Thanks for locating that.  I'm sure this is what Jim_Iain posted from as well.  But this isn't what the Cruise with Confidence policy states when you start with the health & travel link at the top of Celebrity's Home page, which is what I posted above.  Keep in mind that Celebrity has regularly updated their  policies. It will be interesting to follow where this all goes.

My best advice is that everyone watches the main Celebrity health & safety page often and follow up with your travel agent or Celebrity when in doubt.

I agree, change seems to be the only constant in our current landscape. I’m booked for the inaugural with beyond and fully expect to be going (unless celebrity themselves cancel), but I hadn’t noticed the caveat at the time of booking that the beyond wasn’t included, I just saw the main page and didn’t think any more of it.

Things as you say can change though, so who knows by the time April rolls around! 🌟🌟

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CocoCronut said:

I agree, change seems to be the only constant in our current landscape. I’m booked for the inaugural with beyond and fully expect to be going (unless celebrity themselves cancel), but I hadn’t noticed the caveat at the time of booking that the beyond wasn’t included, I just saw the main page and didn’t think any more of it.

Things as you say can change though, so who knows by the time April rolls around! 🌟🌟

I think if things are still crazy by Beyond's inaugural sailing that Celebrity will have a tough time continuing to exclude Beyond from Cruise with Confidence.  I am still going to ask my TA about checking into the variations on Celebrity's website and that different pages say different things. We're booked on Beyond next November.

I hope you will get to enjoy the inaugural sailing of Beyond.  She's going to be wonderful.  Thanks again for sharing info!!!

I never got any new information about my FCC. The last i heard from Celebrity cruises was this January 2021 email. Nothing other update since then (except advertisements). We are in Canada.

"For your convenience, we are expanding the range of sailings you may choose from to book your next Celebrity Cruise vacation with your FCC.  The expiration date for your FCC has been adjusted to April 30, 2022, for use on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.   You now have an additional five months of sail dates to consider.   Your FCC has already been updated to reflect the new expiration date.  No further action is required on your part."

11 hours ago, dandee2 said:

I never got any new information about my FCC. The last i heard from Celebrity cruises was this January 2021 email. Nothing other update since then (except advertisements). We are in Canada.

"For your convenience, we are expanding the range of sailings you may choose from to book your next Celebrity Cruise vacation with your FCC.  The expiration date for your FCC has been adjusted to April 30, 2022, for use on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.   You now have an additional five months of sail dates to consider.   Your FCC has already been updated to reflect the new expiration date.  No further action is required on your part."

Celebrity continues to update their FCC policy.  I recommend contacting  your travel agent (if you use one) or Celebrity about an additional extension since the program dates have moved since you received your FCC.

26 minutes ago, Dwight1 said:

Unfortunately due to the now rapid spread of Omicron, cases on board already I just canceled my 2/21/22 cruise. I did it online and received an automatic confirmation of it. I’ll let all know how fast my FCC is processed. Should be no problem getting it and using by 5:31 on my 2/18/23 booked cruise.

I am planning to do the same. I have a cruise booked for Europe that I am uncomfortable with at this time so I'll apply my FCC once it arrives to my Beyond Feb 2023 sailing. 

A bit disappointing but we all have to do what's best for us. 

Remember Cruise With Confidence is only currently available on sailings through 5/2/2022.   If your sailing is beyond that at this point you will want to cancel prior to final payment.   If you have a NRD then you will take the $100 pp penalty and any remaining FCC will be valid for 1 year after it's issued.   This FCC will not be a CwC FCC and has it's own T&C.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Remember Cruise With Confidence is only currently available on sailings through 5/2/2022.   If your sailing is beyond that at this point you will want to cancel prior to final payment.   If you have a NRD then you will take the $100 pp penalty and any remaining FCC will be valid for 1 year after it's issued.   This FCC will not be a CwC FCC and has it's own T&C.

Thanks, I am aware but I'd rather take a $200 hit now and readjust our travel plans then risk an altered sailing besides I am sure the required covid tests for that itinerary would cost more than my loss. This is my way of rationalizing the math 🤪

1 hour ago, Dwight1 said:

Unfortunately due to the now rapid spread of Omicron, cases on board already I just canceled my 2/21/22 cruise. I did it online and received an automatic confirmation of it. I’ll let all know how fast my FCC is processed. Should be no problem getting it and using by 5:31 on my 2/18/23 booked cruise.

We also cancelled our upcoming January 9 Equinox sailing. Now patiently waiting for confirmation from the large on-line TA we have used for countless years!!!! 

Edited by Loracpin2
content

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It looks like it has been updated to cover sailing through May.  Or perhaps I am reading this wrong....

19 minutes ago, Inspirazione said:

It looks like it has been updated to cover sailing through May.  Or perhaps I am reading this wrong....

There is a difference between the Cruise with Confidence page/tab and the FAQ. On the it states:

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is late

4 minutes ago, ambrtonj said:

There is a difference between the Cruise with Confidence page/tab and the FAQ. On the it states:

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use by May 31, 2022 toward any sailing through December 31, 2022, or one year from your original sailing date, whichever is late

I was referring to this line....  These benefits are currently available on reservations made by January 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before May 31, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), excluding reservations for Celebrity Beyond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspirazione said:

It looks like it has been updated to cover sailing through May.

You're correct I forgot they added the rest of May the last time they extended it.  Just didn't want people to think it covers all current bookings as even most of Europe 2022 isn't covered.

• Like 1

Thank you to all who posted.  Question:  if we cancel a cruise that includes Flights by Celebrity after making full payment, I understand that the cruise fare portion is issued as FCC that you have until 1 year from your cruise date.  What about the airfare portion?  I have read you would be charged up to a $200 per person cancellation fee but would that balance less cancellation fee be refunded?  Thanks in advance!

On 12/25/2021 at 9:47 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Our current Cruise With Confidence program offers guests the ability to cancel their sailing for any reason, within 48 hours of their sailing date, in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit for amounts paid toward their cruise fare; The program also offers our Best Price Guarantee allowing guests to change their price or promotion up to 48 hours before sailing. These benefits are currently available on reservations made by January 31, 2022 on sailings departing on or before May 31, 2022 (June 30, 2022 for AUS/NZ), excluding reservations for Celebrity Beyond.

I am just curious, taking into account the relatively recent surge of the Omicron variant, if anyone heard of a planned update by Celebrity of the Sail with Confidence Program, or when such an update could be expected? 

Our cruise is in June 2022, and our final payment date in March.... Getting a bit nervous to have to miss another cruise....Sadly.