Symphony, Harmony, Oasis

On 1/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

For those who have been on all three, or even two of the three ... which do you prefer, and why? 

Thanks! 🙂

Why leave out Allure?  If you're comparing ships on Oasis class, Allure says she feels left out. Especially now that Wonder is joining the family.  Being the second child when a fifth one shows up is not a good feeling.  Believe I know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Why leave out Allure?  If you're comparing ships on Oasis class, Allure says she feels left out. Especially now that Wonder is joining the family.  Being the second child when a fifth one shows up is not a good feeling.  Believe I know. 

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

You left out my fav:  Allure!

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think Allure is a great ship. I alway look forward to returning to it. And if things go right, I'll be aboard a week from Saturday.

Heh heh ... no intentional diss on Allure, I promise. 😉 We're just trying to decide between the three I mentioned because the schedules & itinerary meet our criteria.

On 1/11/2022 at 9:54 PM, John&LaLa said:

They offset the lack of a Solarium pool by designating the sports pool to be adults only.

Anf FWIW, the Oasis and Allure solarium pools are awful. More like cold hot tubs😉

exactly. If I am going in a pool, I want to swim

• Like 1

Allure is better than any of the other three ships.  Allure doesn't have the purple mess at the back of the ship, the Diamond Lounge is still on deck 11 and has windows while the Diamond lounge is a windowless cave in the basement on the other ships, Allure has Mamma Mia, and Allure has Samba grill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

Allure is better than any of the other three ships.  Allure doesn't have the purple mess at the back of the ship, the Diamond Lounge is still on deck 11 and has windows while the Diamond lounge is a windowless cave in the basement on the other ships, Allure has Mamma Mia, and Allure has Samba grill. 

Allure is great for the 60+ crowd. Nice and sedate

• Haha 2

I have only been on 2 of them....and not sure which is best but what i can say after doing a couple of other lines...there is NO ship that is more technologically advanced with more amenities and more things to do and just a such good looking ship than oasis class. 

1 hour ago, magnus1977 said:

Why do you say that Allure is more great for the 60+ Compared to the other three? I thought they was almost the same ship?

Allure hasn't been amped. No Abyss, no perfect storm, still has the big DL overlooking BW, etc..

Much less 'action'

And the price reflect that

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, John&LaLa said:

Allure hasn't been amped. No Abyss, no perfect storm, still has the big DL overlooking BW, etc..

Much less 'action'

And the price reflect that

Asking you because you will probably know 🙂

Is Allure going to be amped before it moves to Galveston this fall?

I'm thinking about booking it WITH Samba and Sabor and without Ultimate Abyss etc. before it moves to Galveston this year. (September to be exact) I would like to experience it pre-amped.

4 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I'm thinking about booking it WITH Samba and Sabor and without Ultimate Abyss etc. before it moves to Galveston this year. (September to be exact) I would like to experience it pre-amped.

No idea, but kinda doubt it. She'd have to be out of service in Cadiz for over a month, maybe longer. Pretty sure she's booked in south Florida all summer and fall

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No idea, but kinda doubt it. She'd have to be out of service in Cadiz for over a month, maybe longer. Pretty sure she's booked in south Florida all summer and fall

There is some missing time between when she leaves Fort Lauderdale and goes to Galveston but we are talking about 9 days and I am not seeing the repositioning cruise.

Some sites are also showing no sailings from September 9th to September 25th but Royal site still does. 

Neither of those time frames would allow for amping I would guess.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I very much like the non-amped Allure.

Harmony is my favorite of the three because I don't miss the pool in the solarium and I prefer Port Canaveral. The solarium pool is tiny of Symphony, anyways. 

My list of favorite to least is:

Harmony

Symphony

Oasis

Allure

I really dislike the dated hallway, stairway, and cabin decor on Oasis and Allure. It reminds me of a cheap hotel. Harmony and Symphony have a much nicer feel. 

On 1/11/2022 at 1:40 PM, renza said:

Not true. Central Park and boardwalk are outside as well. Oh and my ocean view balcony is outside. I am not a fan of Quantum class. They have little area outside. 

Also there is a promenade that goes all around the outside of the ship on deck 5.  Very nice for morning walks.