Sky Class included wifi

RoperDK

Depends on the ship. If on Quantum or Oasis class it is included. If in a sky class suite on other ships Wifi is not included unless something has changed I am not aware of. We were on the Navigator in a 1 bedroom GS and it was not included but in the same category on the Anthem it was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonj said:

Depends on the ship. If on Quantum or Oasis class it is included. If in a sky class suite on other ships Wifi is not included unless something has changed I am not aware of. We were on the Navigator in a 1 bedroom GS and it was not included but in the same category on the Anthem it was. 

JONJ, did you end up locking in the GS for 1/29?  Dan

4 hours ago, jonj said:

There is no sky class on the other ships.  Only Oasis and Quantum class.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

All rccl ships have grand suites and owner suites but only the newer ships specified above are called sky class . Don’t understand why they don’t include that perk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

All rccl ships have grand suites and owner suites but only the newer ships specified above are called sky class . Don’t understand why they don’t include that perk.

They can’t offer all the sky class amenities on the older ships so the suites are cheaper on average.  If they included Wifi I’m sure they would just charge more for the suites.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, topnole said:

Yes I know but when you look at the suite perks on Royal's website it doesn't specify which ships. Unless I missed it so people do not know unless they are familiar with how it works and assume all suites have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonj said:

Yes I know but when you look at the suite perks on Royal's website it doesn't specify which ships. Unless I missed it so people do not know unless they are familiar with how it works and assume all suites have it. 

It does clarify this, but it certainly isn’t well communicated or highlighted so it is clear.  

However, you specifically said sky class on other ships besides Oasis and Quantum class.  That further creates confusion for others because there is no sky class on the other ships.  So I made my comment so as not to further perpetuate any confusion for those unsure.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, topnole said:

They can’t offer all the sky class amenities on the older ships

Why not ?  Some of the perks would be different (no Coastal Kitchen, so they would have to do something similar to what they do for breakfast on the non-O and Q ships) but they could definitely offer all of the amenities on all of the ships if they wanted to.  I've really never understood why they didn't extend the Royal Suite Class to all of the ships - including Star Class.  There must be a reason though, or they would have done it already.  There was talk of doing this when the Royal Suite Class was first announced, but they never followed through.  Interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Why not ?  Some of the perks would be different (no Coastal Kitchen, so they would have to do something similar to what they do for breakfast on the non-O and Q ships) but they could definitely offer all of the amenities on all of the ships if they wanted to.  I've really never understood why they didn't extend the Royal Suite Class to all of the ships - including Star Class.  There must be a reason though, or they would have done it already.  There was talk of doing this when the Royal Suite Class was first announced, but they never followed through.  Interesting.

The CK on Oasis would be impossible to replicate on the other ships.  I assume they decided it was better for revenue to create additional specialty restaurants versus making a CK on other older ships.  Example would be what they did on Freedom class.  

Sure they could make special sections in existing restaurants, but that isn’t quite the same.  I haven’t been on Quantum class ship, but the CK on Oasis class is a space that can’t be matched on the smaller ships (views and atmosphere) Probably smart to not water down the suite class experience they offer on the newer ships by doing it poorly on the older ships.  Plus, if they tried,

they would then charge a far bigger premium for the suites on those older ships. When I splurge I want to be on the bigger ships, not the smaller ships with less activities and features.  

By all accounts from others, even sky class is below what other cruise lines offer.  If anything they need to up their game on the next ships (which they seem to be doing).  

To me they just need to communicate the differences in suite experience by class of ship.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That is what Princess does with their "Club class" dining.

Does it add any extra value other than being a different section of the same restaurant.  Different menu for example?   Free drinks?  Not familiar with Princess suites program.  

44 minutes ago, topnole said:

Does it add any extra value other than being a different section of the same restaurant.  Different menu for example?   Free drinks?  Not familiar with Princess suites program.  

Suites and Club Class Mini-Suites have a private section of the MDR reserved for them.  No reservations required.  Just walk up to a special line and be seated on arrival.  It is a more intimate experience with better service.  A step above the MDR experience.  They have the same menu as the MDR with added "specials" each night.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Suites and Club Class Mini-Suites have a private section of the MDR reserved for them.  No reservations required.  Just walk up to a special line and be seated on arrival.  It is a more intimate experience with better service.  A step above the MDR experience.  They have the same menu as the MDR with added "specials" each night.  

Sounds nice.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, topnole said:

They can’t offer all the sky class amenities on the older ships so the suites are cheaper on average.  If they included Wifi I’m sure they would just charge more for the suites.   

I totally disagree, rccl has recently kept diminishing the suite values on lower class ships. Celebrity has basically same perks on all there ships . After my last grand suite on allure I pretty sure I will be sailing either celebrity or MSC yacht club in the future. It can’t cost extra to add some of these perks . I have done 8 suites on my last 8 rccl cruises, seems to me they currently only care about the top suites.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

I totally disagree, rccl has recently kept diminishing the suite values on lower class ships. Celebrity has basically same perks on all there ships . After my last grand suite on allure I pretty sure I will be sailing either celebrity or MSC yacht club in the future. It can’t cost extra to add some of these perks . I have done 8 suites on my last 8 rccl cruises, seems to me they currently only care about the top suites.

Lots of perks for a GS on Allure. The others you did I don’t know.  Yes, the meaningless perks don’t add extra costs.  But other perks do.   And if a perk reduces revenue, like internet, they are simply going to bake that into the price of the suite so the prices for the suites would increase.   

I agree, suites don’t get you much on the older ships. But they never really did relative to more recent cruise suite experiences. 

10 minutes ago, topnole said:

Lots of perks for a GS on Allure. The others you did I don’t know.  Yes, the meaningless perks don’t add extra costs.  But other perks do.   And if a perk reduces revenue, like internet, they are simply going to bake that into the price of the suite so the prices for the suites would increase.   

I agree, suites don’t get you much on the older ships. But they never really did relative to more recent cruise suite experiences. 

Do you ever travel in suites , doubt that you do , When I started there were no oasis class , I just dislike some of the recent changes to suite perks , which you seem to have no knowledge of .