Miami hotels pre cruise

hollon

Can anyone recommend a nice clean hotel in miami.  I really want to surprise my son/daughter-n-law with a nice hotel.  I'd like a place where you can walk around as well, restaurants, shops, I know nothing about miami.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

The InterContinental Hotel just outside the bridge to CruisePort is NICE but pricey - maybe checkout Priceline or use your IHG Points if you're a member. Holiday Inn is nearby (with apparently limited parking). Both are near restaurants and a shopping/restaurant area. 

• Like 1

I have been souring the boards and hotel websites and reviews and am perplexed to say the least as to a decent hotel pre cruise in Miami.

Price is some consideration, but also want something clean, and in good condition.  The reviews go both ways.  Willing to play up to $350 0r so if no other option available.  I realize Miami is very speedy, just some ideas of where people have stayed and find acceptable.  The area not a huge deal as we won't be doing much exploring.  My husband is mobility challenged so trying to keep it easy for him.  Any and all ideas are welcome.  Questioning the Intercontinental on Chopin Way.

Reviews are mixed.  Really would like dinner and breakfast options that are close or in the hotel itself without paying through the roof.

TIA. 

My favorite hotel in Miami is doubletree it has a view of the port so you can wake up and see your ship from some balconies. Lobby area is huge with several restaurants , bars and shops .some have live music, I really like the Italian one good food and pizza, also serves breakfast.

• Like 1

i agree the doubletree is everything george c says we stayed there during our thanksgiving week cruise

they have good restaurants in house and just a short walk around the corner for a nice open air restaurant and price was very reasonable

The Holiday Inn directly across from Bayside Market is a great location. The hotel itself is nice and clean but nothing upscale. The location has great views of the port and is a very short drive to the pier.

I read a ton of reviews before deciding on the Intercontinental in Miami, and it was definitely a great choice. We got it for $326, a Bay View room with a view of the cruise ships in port. There’s an upscale Latin steakhouse and a Starbucks in it. The steakhouse plays loud music though, just be aware, but it was really good. Downtown Miami hotels can end up way more disappointing than the photos indicate, including a lot I’ve read about the YVE hotel, despite how nice it looks online. We had originally booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay which looks nice and would probably still be my second choice, but I started seeing not great reviews, including about loud construction which was still ongoing when we were there in November, and a mediocre on-site restaurant. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

I read a ton of reviews before deciding on the Intercontinental in Miami, and it was definitely a great choice. We got it for $326, a Bay View room with a view of the cruise ships in port. There’s an upscale Latin steakhouse and a Starbucks in it. The steakhouse plays loud music though, just be aware, but it was really good. Downtown Miami hotels can end up way more disappointing than the photos indicate, including a lot I’ve read about the YVE hotel, despite how nice it looks online. We had originally booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay which looks nice and would probably still be my second choice, but I started seeing not great reviews, including about loud construction which was still ongoing when we were there in November, and a mediocre on-site restaurant. 

YVE hotel is the worst.  So much construction, Restaurant closed and no coffee in the room or lobby. They did not tell us any of that at booking.  Just SURPRISE!

We had to walk a block for a morning cup of coffee.  That's ok but don't want to get dressed for my first cup.

We stay at hotels near the airport with an airport shuttle service included usually Hilton brand of hotels or Marriott brand of hotels and usually find one that includes breakfast.  We like Element the best and price is pretty reasonable with a good select of breakfast items.  It does have a modern vibe to it but hosts a lot of cruisers the night before.  The Hampton inn by the airport is nice too.  We don’t do sightseeing so the shuttle is a big help.  They help load luggage into the shuttle and then to the hotel.  The next morning the cruise port is just a Uber ride away or $12.00 person if you use the shuttle service that the hotel can arrange for you.  The shuttle price may have gone up due to inflation! 

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami-Brickell a couple times in October.  They had a good breakfast and several close places to eat dinner.  Across the street is Coyo Taco if you want a good lunch/smaller dinner. The fish taco, grouper, was great.

• Like 1

The Holiday Inn Miami has filed for bankruptcy, is up for sale (or maybe already sold), and the area will be redeveloped.

Recent threads that might help your decision:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2811191-holiday-inn-port-of-miami-questions/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2811191-holiday-inn-port-of-miami-questions/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2805340-miami-hotel-w-definite-port-views/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2813412-which-of-these-3-hotels-should-i-choose-in-miami/

Edited by capriccio

We love the EB Hotel. We park our car there during cruise and they have a shuttle to cruise port. GREAT Customer Service and the rooms/suites are wonderful. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and you will be happy that you booked your reservation.