The Daily for Sunday 01/23/2022

richwmn

50 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well this is my third time of attempting to post today.

The first was at 10 am.  Then something took me away and i stopped.

At 11 am we watch Mass on TV.  i will not go back to Church until i see that they enforce a mask policy and stop packing everyone in.  So until then we stream Mass from our parish on our TV.

I needed to do some grocery shopping so I was busy this afternoon.

I tried against to post and then had a phone call, so that attempt went by the wayside.

Now I am finally posting.

Nice combination of days.  i like pie, but not rhubarb pie.  I pride myself on my handwriting.  Every time I am complimented on my handwriting I tell people I went to Catholic School.   I think it is a shame that cursive writing is no longer taught in school. 

A funny story about my writing.  When we went to get our first COVID shots back last January, I had completed the forms for myself, DH, and DBIL in my best printing.  While on line to get our shots, a nurse came along waving our forms and wanted to know who filled them out.  When I saw the forms were ours, I admitted, I completed them.  She said they were the neatest forms she had seen all day.  I was expecting her to tell me I had done something wrong.

I have to report that I dutifully took all my meds today.  I am feeling better, but not back to where I was before. thank you all for your prayers.

Yesterday was a strange day.  At first it was rainy and cold.  Then the sun came out. It didn’t warm up much.  Everyday we get an Informed delivery report from the post office by email telling us what mail we are getting.  It has the images of the envelopes.  yesterday it showed 9 pieces of mail.  It never arrived.   I posted on the local Next Door App.  Many people did not receive mail yesterday in our area.  It really wasn’t terrible weather.  Don’t know what’s going on. 

@smitty34877Happy Birthday.  May you have many more and hope you had a wonderful day.

Welcome to @MISTER 67and @0106.  We’re happy to have you join us.

@mamaofamiGlad the aides are working out for you.

@kazu Sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but you would not be happy leaving Jose alone.  It is the right thing to do.  I know how hard that is.  We had to cancel three in a row a number of years ago and it was hard.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to Jacksonsville to the Mayo Clinic.  I will have blood work to determine the inflammation level and whether I can lower the prednisone dosage,.  I will also have the lump removed on my upper left arm.  Praying that it is benign. Will report when I have the results.

Since I will be in Jacksonville tomorrow, I will go to the Apple Store. Believe it or not it is the closest one to me (176 miles) and I will finally get my new IPad.  I asked Santa for one and he came through.  I just haven’t had the opportunity to get it.  So tomorrow is the day.

I think I covered all I have to report today.  

So both DH and i are packed and ready to go tomorrow

God Bless and Good night.

Terri

Prayers for good results in tommorow’s test.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Tomorrow DH and I are going to Jacksonsville to the Mayo Clinic.  I will have blood work to determine the inflammation level and whether I can lower the prednisone dosage,.  I will also have the lump removed on my upper left arm.  Praying that it is benign. Will report when I have the results.

Since I will be in Jacksonville tomorrow, I will go to the Apple Store. Believe it or not it is the closest one to me (176 miles) and I will finally get my new IPad.  I asked Santa for one and he came through.  I just haven’t had the opportunity to get it.  So tomorrow is the day.

Safe travels. Good luck at the Mayo Clinic. 🙏

• Like 5

4 hours ago, oakridger said:

Hi Katie.  Did the Konnigsdam people say why Kauai was cancelled?  Enjoy your time in Hawaii!  I just looked at possibly renting a condo I have stayed in a couple times in the past in Maui and all the VRBO owners have raised their prices by more than double from pre Covid rates!!! I "get" trying to recoup some losses, but it really sounds greedy to be charging over $500 per day for a place that was around $250 in 2019!!  I could be on very nice cruise for what they are charging now!!! 

@rafinmdRoy, I'm sad about Crystal Cruises also.....it was my favorite.

~Nancy

Nancy...I don't know why Kauai was cancelled now for the cruisers but last year in 2021 it was difficult with all the protocols to visit that island. We were in Maui twice ( Mar. and July) and used Costco Travel for both stays. Even with our companion airfare from Alaska Air,  we couldn't beat their prices and nonstop flights. 🌴Katie

• Like 7

Quick post this evening.  Konigsdam sighting tonight on our way to dinner in Honolulu.  Made me even more anxious for Sunday when I board a BHB!

This morning at Mass in Waikiki, the music was all in the Hawaiian language..Just lovely.

So sorry about all the cancelled cruises!

The youngest  DS of my niece had a very mild C-19 case and is okay for school tomorrow.

Blessings to all

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Thank you for The Daily. Today is a mending and sewing day with fabric from Walmart (thank you Kona Walmart for keeping the fine fabric section!) and decision-making for DH birthday dessert on 1/25.  Love all pies, cherry and apples are tops, ah rhubarb (leave the strawberries for shortcake, please). DD bakes the best pies but maybe a Costco pumpkin this year is the right choice?! 
DH has taken over DD’s kitchen and with football in the background, has made refried beans, black beans and a meat dish, all from scratch with hopes of a good Mexican meal. Both DDs (one in Kona and one in Seattle) despair with the lack of Mexican food in their lives, hopeful that tonight’s dinner is ok. He made rather good French Onion soup yesterday, too.

@ger_77 & others with cancelled cruises are in my heart.

Thank you @grapau27 for the sermons for worship, I always enjoy them, especially while traveling.

You are welcome.

Happy birthday to your DH on Tuesday.

Graham.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well this is my third time of attempting to post today.

The first was at 10 am.  Then something took me away and i stopped.

At 11 am we watch Mass on TV.  i will not go back to Church until i see that they enforce a mask policy and stop packing everyone in.  So until then we stream Mass from our parish on our TV.

I needed to do some grocery shopping so I was busy this afternoon.

I tried against to post and then had a phone call, so that attempt went by the wayside.

Now I am finally posting.

Nice combination of days.  i like pie, but not rhubarb pie.  I pride myself on my handwriting.  Every time I am complimented on my handwriting I tell people I went to Catholic School.   I think it is a shame that cursive writing is no longer taught in school. 

A funny story about my writing.  When we went to get our first COVID shots back last January, I had completed the forms for myself, DH, and DBIL in my best printing.  While on line to get our shots, a nurse came along waving our forms and wanted to know who filled them out.  When I saw the forms were ours, I admitted, I completed them.  She said they were the neatest forms she had seen all day.  I was expecting her to tell me I had done something wrong.

I have to report that I dutifully took all my meds today.  I am feeling better, but not back to where I was before. thank you all for your prayers.

Yesterday was a strange day.  At first it was rainy and cold.  Then the sun came out. It didn’t warm up much.  Everyday we get an Informed delivery report from the post office by email telling us what mail we are getting.  It has the images of the envelopes.  yesterday it showed 9 pieces of mail.  It never arrived.   I posted on the local Next Door App.  Many people did not receive mail yesterday in our area.  It really wasn’t terrible weather.  Don’t know what’s going on. 

@smitty34877Happy Birthday.  May you have many more and hope you had a wonderful day.

Welcome to @MISTER 67and @0106.  We’re happy to have you join us.

@mamaofamiGlad the aides are working out for you.

@kazu Sorry you had to cancel your cruise, but you would not be happy leaving Jose alone.  It is the right thing to do.  I know how hard that is.  We had to cancel three in a row a number of years ago and it was hard.

I think I covered all I have to report today.  

So both DH and i are packed and ready to go tomorrow

God Bless and Good night.

Terri

Sending prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your blood work tomorrow and that the lump to be removed on your upper left arm is benign.

Graham.

• Like 4

Catching up early this morning…

18 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Our lows were hearing that a niece and great-niece (not the same family) have Covid now.  We're most concerned that our other niece (Mom to our great-niece) gets it, she has MS.  She's vaxed and boosted, praying that will be enough.  

Oh dear!  Prayers for them 🙏🏻 

And I do hope kitty Parkour improves 🙏🏻 

15 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Talking about Sunday,  I have to ask you to include my California cousin, Vicki, in your prayers today.  She has been in Stanford University Hospital, and has been told she has ALS.  It is very sad, as her DH has Alzheimers, they do have a good care aide, but sometimes he (DH) gets very angry and won't let her in the house. Vicki is home now, and has medicine, but I think it is just a delaying tactic.

Oh dear, Ann.  How sad 😔 Vicki is in my prayers prayer

15 hours ago, bennybear said:

a special thanks to all the multiquoters, this thread gets so long and I’m only half way through.  

I feel your pain on the cancelled cruise.  So sorry to hear you have joined the Cancelled Cruise Club 😔 

Agree on the multiquoting - it really helps.  

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@kazu You are finding and storing salt for the snow, like I am storing cat food for the fur babies.

LOL I had my bunker for my dogs well stocked - now, with only one, I won’t need to buy any food or treats for some time 😉 

I started the winter with tons of ice melt but the ice has not been kind.  I’ll keep buying some to make sure I am safe for the rest of the winter.  If I don’t need it, it’s there for next year 😉 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear!  Prayers for them 🙏🏻 

And I do hope kitty Parkour improves 🙏🏻 

Thank you Jacqui.  My sister told me last night that my great-niece (her granddaughter) is feeling much better after mild and swift symptoms and the rest of the family will be getting tested early this week.  So far they're feeling fine, I do pray that continues especially for my niece with MS.

As for kitty Parkour we're taking that day by day.  He's still purring and affectionate but eating very little. 

• Like 4