The Daily for Wednesday 02/02/2022

richwmn

I had a long day today, so at 10 tonight i came back here to read what happened today.  That took 40 minutes from page two to page 5, and didn't bother to like or thank all of you for your posts, but thank you, and even in disagreement within the troops, i like all of you.

@kazu Love the idea of visiting vets.  I know that they are in Atlanta, but really cant afford the experience.  I had a rather tall and large friend who found out that scrubs were cheap, and he wore them all the time.  The cats thought he was a visiting vet, and he has been the only person that has ever been able to pill one of my cats.  I used to feed him dinner, if he would just come over in his scrubs and pill the "kids".

I got an email from Carnival yesterday, that instead of the ship I am supposed to be on in September they have decided to send another ship to Mobile, so "I do not need to do anything".  Obviously I don't, because even their website has not updated anything.  I hope that I'm OK, and that my cabin will be the same.  But the replacement ship does not have the same amount of balconies, and I'm thinking, those folks might be a bit miffed to find out they have paid for a balcony and get a window view.  I'm claustrophobic, but completely content in porthole cabin.  

My bosses have informed me this morning that my primary job is selling tickets for the children's museum.  In fact, I'm the only one on the team now, as my management is wanting to sign a contract with them to continue year long sales with one employee. (me) And I'd just be extra fluff for other campaigns, not a full team player.  So I get to be my own team.  LOL.  I told my bosses what I wanted to do beginning in March, and they seem to think that my ideas will work.

Yesterday was cold and crisp but blue sky and the morning walk was very enjoyable.  Today was damp and cloudy and somewhat raw, so I chose to do a Qi Gong class on line,  after an hour of cracking every joint in my body I ended up in so much pain, all I wanted to do was lie down.  But couldn't.  We met up with our friend for dinner minus his SO, had a great visit, he told us about his first cruise, and his upcoming vacation plans.  He asked about our plans, to see if he could hook up with us, but he wouldn't be free to do anything until next fall, and he didn't want to get on another Carnival ship.  LOL.  He was busy in May of next year, so guess he cant make our HAL cruise.

Well I caught you up on my day, and now it's time for bed.

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well, I guess I'm out. Our Jewish friends deserve more than a casual side glance. I have been a member of our first Fleet Report and decidedly Daily thereafter. Rich I noticed your acceptance of Live4cruises post.

I have enjoyed meeting our Daily friends for several years and it is time to say goodbye. 

Don’t go.  I share your reprehension  on what happened but I think the post was to mean to keep us from politicizing on this thread.

I get that and understand.  And I also feel very strongly about the holocaust. 

Hang in there, please

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Don’t go.  I share your reprehension  on what happened but I think the post was to mean to keep us from politicizing on this thread.

I get that and understand.  And I also feel very strongly about the holocaust. 

Hang in there, please

I agree.  We're  not gpoing to agree 100%`of the time with everyone or even individuals.  What I like about the Daily is the general lack of politics, and that we get along despite our differences.  There are a lot of things in the world that I feel strongly about including the holocaust, but like they are left behind when we come here.  Joy will be missed. 

Lenda

• Like 11

Another way to look at groundhog day is as a large, grand joke.  Groundhog  day is 6 weeks from spring. If Punxatawny Phil sees his shadow we have 6 more weeks of winter.  If he doesn’t see his shadow spring will arrive in six weeks … heads I win, tails you lose ….

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well, I guess I'm out. Our Jewish friends deserve more than a casual side glance. I have been a member of our first Fleet Report and decidedly Daily thereafter. Rich I noticed your acceptance of Live4cruises post.

I have enjoyed meeting our Daily friends for several years and it is time to say goodbye. 

Please sleep on your decision.

I for one would miss your posts.

Graham x.

• Like 5

I appreciate the comments everyone made in response to @Seasick Sailor. I just sent this in an email to her.

Joy,

In the Daily for 2/2 you made a comment concerning the punishment Whoopi Goldberg got for comments on the View. Several people added their views.

Live4Cruises made the comment:

"I am certain that we all have strong opinions regarding Whoopi and other news of the day.  I respectfully request that we return to our regular programming, and leave this potentially polarizing subject alone.  

Thank you"

I liked that comment for the suggestion that we close the potentially polarizing subject.

One of the things people like about 'The Daily" is that it never gets nasty. That subject did have the potential become that way.

I enjoyed meeting y'all on Rotterdam and hope that you do return to the daily thread. Please at least read the comments after yours.

Rich

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I appreciate the comments everyone made in response to @Seasick Sailor. I just sent this in an email to her.

Joy,

In the Daily for 2/2 you made a comment concerning the punishment Whoopi Goldberg got for comments on the View. Several people added their views.

Live4Cruises made the comment:

"I am certain that we all have strong opinions regarding Whoopi and other news of the day.  I respectfully request that we return to our regular programming, and leave this potentially polarizing subject alone.  

Thank you"

I liked that comment for the suggestion that we close the potentially polarizing subject.

One of the things people like about 'The Daily" is that it never gets nasty. That subject did have the potential become that way.

I enjoyed meeting y'all on Rotterdam and hope that you do return to the daily thread. Please at least read the comments after yours.

Rich

Amen!  We are a virtually family and while family dynamics can be difficult family should always override views on issues.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Seasick SailorJoy, I join others in praying you have a change of heart and stay here with us to add your love to our Daily each day.  I'd be heartbroken if your special touch was missing here.  You are an essential member of our group.  Please, please reconsider!

Hugs!❤️

• Like 7

It is truly sad that Wednesday’s Daily had to end on a low note.

It is a testament to keeping our discussions friendly and positive and leaving political issues for another time and place.

I come here with anticipation each day because no matter how I feel, I know there will be others who will welcome my thoughts and try to lift not only me but each other up to have the best day possible.

Let’s try to keep it that way.

I truly hope we all learn and heal from this experience. 

God bless,

Terri

• Like 14

I’ve experienced, on CC, where some will read my posts completely opposite to my intention.  While I have written something with a light heart and good intent, others have somehow interpreted my post as coming from a place of acrimony.  That is the problem with the internet.  You cannot see facial expressions or hear tone.  I feel bad that others are hurting including, I’m sure, Live4Cruises.  I took their post as coming from a good place.  To all who are hurting, take some time away and come back.  We will be happy to see you.  💐

• Like 12

18 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

I am certain that we all have strong opinions regarding Whoopi and other news of the day.  I respectfully request that we return to our regular programming, and leave this potentially polarizing subject alone.  

Thank you

Well said, and that’s why it’s best to avoid anything political.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1