Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

Ken the cruiser

Hi all! It's time for another B2B cruise as we just received the negative results of our Antigen tests. Yay!!

We will drive down tomorrow as far as Orlando, spend the night at a Hyatt just off the Florida turnpike, and finish the last 3 hours of our drive to Port Everglades the following morning before we board the Reflection! On this B2B cruise, we will be in a corner aft-facing Sky Suite. Fun times are definitely ahead!! 😎

Here are the itineraries. Hopefully they will stay intact, especially the second leg where we are scheduled to visit both Jamaica as well as Grand Cayman. Of course, only time will tell. 

image.thumb.png.d6960c69ad98f1b34b62f7f1502a08e1.png

image.thumb.png.7e5088a069d3e404eb806cfa7fea0cce.png

• Like 7

Have fun Ken.  We board the Reflection 6 weeks after you. 

If possible, can you post pictures of the dailies (all the pages)?  I know I can look at the activities in the app, but I find it much easier to look at the paper copies.

Jumping on, the ship with you that is! 

Finally will be able to follow along and enjoy the ship at the same time. We also doing a B2B.

Just completed the home proctored covid test and all negative!

Flight out of Philly should be ok, upper 40's and rain.

See you on board.

Cheers! 

E9BA96F8-D678-42AA-9C31-A675B8A6E9BE.thumb.png.fb830dbba71c3125e045b6dd5e7e009e.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Have fun Ken.  We board the Reflection 6 weeks after you. 

If possible, can you post pictures of the dailies (all the pages)?  I know I can look at the activities in the app, but I find it much easier to look at the paper copies.

Sure! 

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to following also as this is the same itinerary we're on with @CruisnDeb in March so it will be interesting to hear about port changes (although in 6 weeks things will change I'm sure) and your impressions of Puerto Plata. Thanks for taking some of your time to share some experiences with all of us, and ........ Enjoy the next two weeks!

• Like 3

We are currently on the Reflection doing a Western itinerary.  Loving the ship.

I'd be very surprised if you actually stop in GC and Falmouth.  That was our original itinerary, but it got changed to Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan & Belize.  

4 minutes ago, jalves said:

I'd be very surprised if you actually stop in GC and Falmouth.  That was our original itinerary, but it got changed to Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan & Belize.  

You're probably right. But we're still thinking positive 🤞 until we get the actual go/no-go decision. Here's a couple of recent articles that give us a little hope anyway.

Hopefully something positive will come out of this Grand Cayman meeting:

Gov't to seek COVID testing for disembarking cruise passengers - Cayman Compass

And with regards to Falmouth according to this article, it appears some ships are allowed to port there as long as their COVID cases are either low or most likely nonexistent.

Cruise denied entry because of higher COVID infection threshold (jamaicaobserver.com)

45 minutes ago, jalves said:

We're on the Western itinerary on Reflection's 2/26 sailing, and someone on our roll call said they thought GC would be replaced.  Good to know what we might expect.

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Hi all! It's time for another B2B cruise as we just received the negative results of our Antigen tests. Yay!!

We will drive down tomorrow as far as Orlando, spend the night at a Hyatt just off the Florida turnpike, and finish the last 3 hours of our drive to Port Everglades the following morning before we board the Reflection! On this B2B cruise, we will be in a corner aft-facing Sky Suite. Fun times are definitely ahead!! 😎

Here are the itineraries. Hopefully they will stay intact, especially the second leg where we are scheduled to visit both Jamaica as well as Grand Cayman. Of course, only time will tell. 

image.thumb.png.d6960c69ad98f1b34b62f7f1502a08e1.png

image.thumb.png.7e5088a069d3e404eb806cfa7fea0cce.png

Can’t believe we’re finally here. 

Got our test done this morning at Synergy Fort Lauderdale. Negative. 😎😎

Going to be a fun time

• Like 1

At our hotel near DFW keeping 🤞 that our flight isn’t cancelled and the roads to and within the airport are passable and the hotels shuttle drivers can get here tomorrow, they couldn’t get to work today.  We too are on the 2/5 & 2/12 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

We're on the Western itinerary on Reflection's 2/26 sailing, and someone on our roll call said they thought GC would be replaced.  Good to know what we might expect.

We’re on the 2/26 sailing as well and looking and hoping for updates.  It’s a few weeks yet as we’ll see what happens.  Ken, please let us know the capacity for each leg if you don’t mind. 

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

At our hotel near DFW keeping 🤞 that our flight isn’t cancelled and the roads to and within the airport are passable and the hotels shuttle drivers can get here tomorrow, they couldn’t get to work today.  We too are on the 2/5 & 2/12 

Safe travels and hopefully tomorrow’s adventure to the airport will go smoothly and you’ll be on your way to Ft Lauderdale without encountering too much more stress.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Travel day has arrived!!  We're getting ready to load up the car. The roads are wet, but clear here in central Alabama. So, it's about that time to start really getting excited!! 😎

Queen Don't Stop Me Now Official Video - YouTube

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You're probably right. But we're still thinking positive 🤞 until we get the actual go/no-go decision. Here's a couple of recent articles that give us a little hope anyway.

Hopefully something positive will come out of this Grand Cayman meeting:

Gov't to seek COVID testing for disembarking cruise passengers - Cayman Compass

And with regards to Falmouth according to this article, it appears some ships are allowed to port there as long as their COVID cases are either low or most likely nonexistent.

Cruise denied entry because of higher COVID infection threshold (jamaicaobserver.com)

Still thinking positive, but it's definitely not looking good for stopping at Grand Cayman.

No announcement was made at Wednesday’s event regarding when cruise lines might return to Cayman. However, according to a summary of Cabinet minutes from its 25 Jan. meeting, the government extended the temporary ban on cruise ships only until 28 Feb. 2022, though that date can be extended further, if necessary.

Cayman in talks to welcome back cruise passengers - Cayman Compass

We made it to our Orlando hotel and only had to deal with driving through some monsoon rains for a couple of hours on I-10. Will finish the remaining 3 hr drive down I-95 tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, over on the Feb 5 Roll Call, some of the folks flying out of DFW, as well as some other locations, weren’t so lucky with their flights today due to a bunch of ice and snow and very cold temperatures. Hopefully, they’ll all be able to secure flights for early tomorrow morning to get them to Ft Lauderdale before the ship sails. 🤞

• Like 3