Must trys on MDR menu vs. Skip it!

dgoz

21 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Cheesecake, shrimp cocktail, and Cesar salad with anchovies.  All are available every night. 

Love the wild mushroom soup also cold melon soup served in the Aqua Spa. Chicken Biryani with Papadums which I recently had on the Edge was delicious. Going to attempt to make it at home.

21 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Speaking of bread how would one handle double dipping? Every time i see a table mate bite a piece of bread then put it back in the butter it turns me off. Others too I'm sure. 

We do my time dining at 2 tops and use the butter knife.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Yeah... I was thinking who just dips their bread in butter? Even at home or dining privately? They give you butter knives for that explicit purpose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, davy jones said:

I quite often cruise solo and like to sit with others but this is a turn off and unhealthy. 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, SharonK said:

Is Indian food on the regular MDR menu?  

Did not see an answer to this question and really interested, assuming the Indian food is good.

Is this a special request type item?

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Did not see an answer to this question and really interested, assuming the Indian food is good.

I do not remember it being in the MDR  but it is on the buffet often!

5 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I just got off the Equinox and tried several Indian dishes in the Ocean View Cafe.  They were all delicious.  I asked if there is a vegan or vegetarian menu in the Main Dining Room and there is so the waiter brought it every night.  There were some Indian choices there too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SharonK said:

I just got off the Equinox and tried several Indian dishes in the Ocean View Cafe.  They were all delicious.  I asked if there is a vegan or vegetarian menu in the Main Dining Room and there is so the waiter brought it every night.  There were some Indian choices there too.

They have a lot of Indian chefs onboard and they do a great job of the Indian food. It can be quite spicy and not suitable to everyone's palate. Garam masala potatoes, chicken biryani with papadum are some of my favorites. 

• Like 1

Prime rib (first night), braised short ribs, beef carpaccio appetizer, shrimp cocktail (2 please), lamb chops, creme brûlée, Grand Marnier soufflé…I can continue…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Prime rib (first night), braised short ribs, beef carpaccio appetizer, shrimp cocktail (2 please), lamb chops, creme brûlée, Grand Marnier soufflé…I can continue…

All of the above are excellent 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:22 PM, canderson said:

In little segmented dishes with garlic and butter.

My DW orders escargot every night even when we are in Luminae.  The key is the garlic and butter and the bread to dip.  The little rubbery things just get in the way!😀

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

My DW orders escargot every night even when we are in Luminae.  The key is the garlic and butter and the bread to dip.  The little rubbery things just get in the way!😀

The escargot was better on my Edge sailing January 30th than on the November 11th Silhouette. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, Redtravel said:

Cesar salad with anchovies.  All are available every night. 

Note: One must request the anchovies. Otherwise it is served without anchovies for what seem to be the majority of people that do not know that anchovies are a original part of the salad and still are part of what gives the salad it's flavor.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, zitsky said:

I suppose escargot come in the shells, with garlic and butter?  I once tried them in a soup in a Mediterranean restaurant at home.  I really enjoyed that soup!  But next time I tried them the traditional way at a French restaurant, and didn't enjoy them.  I wonder how they taste on board in the MDR?  Anyone know if you can order escargot in Blu?

Yes you can order the escargot in Blu, otherwise DH wouldn't eat there lol! This photo was taken in Blu on Equinox, but we've gotten it on every ship.

1683126832_20211203_181007(002).thumb.jpg.e880c1b05f7d0df332946b12af635aed.jpg

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Note: One must request the anchovies. Otherwise it is served without anchovies for what seem to be the majority of people that do not know that anchovies are a original part of the salad and still are part of what gives the salad it's flavor.

They are also used in making the dressing, but shhhh......don't tell my DH. He hates anchovies but loves the dressing. When I make it at home I make sure he's not in the kitchen to see them go into the mix!