Best Ocean Medallion holder

larrybritt

I bought a chain holder from Amazon, looks nice and have used it for the past five cruises.  Yesterday it broke - one of the links bent and separated, so I switched back to the Princess provided material one.

I was able to fix the chain, but I don't want to take a chance of it coming apart again.

• 1 year later...

I bought the cheap little plastic clip for a cruise in 2023. It worked great and I loved that I could clip it onto a suit or into a pocket. Then I put it away to use for a future cruise. When I took it out the clip no longer closed. Something had broken in the interim. So I guess I got my money's worth out of it.

Not sure if I've posted in this particular thread...there have been many on this topic.  When the medallions were first introduced, Princess had a rather unusual "clamshell" type holder.  We have several of those saved from those beginning medallion cruises and we like the way we can *easily* find them in my pocket or in DW's pocketbook.  It gives just enough "substance" to where they don't get lost  or mixed in with all the other junk!

Medallion Holder.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 10:21 AM, FritzG said:

The bottom picture is the one we use.  We got a package of 4 from Amazon.   DH mostly kept his in a pocket, but I hooked mine to the strap on my little purse, and it worked out great.

I like the beaded necklace...very nice!

51 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Your pocket.  it is free and convenient.  Why would I want to pay for a device to hold the medallion.

DON

I have a wrist band, very inexpensive from Amazon, that’s a one time expense that I wear 24x7.

Tom😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Your pocket.  it is free and convenient.  Why would I want to pay for a device to hold the medallion.

Obviously posted by a man. 🙄

Many women's clothes, especially dresses, do not have pockets at all.  When we do have pockets, they are nowhere near as deep or useful as men's pockets.  I keep things in my pockets when I can, but I wouldn't trust myself to have a tiny thing like a medallion in my pocket and not lose it.  I bought silicone holders that slip onto my watch band.  I think they were about $6 for 3 of them... different colors so I can coordinate.  I don't mind spending the equivalent of one fancy coffee for something that is more convenient, and will last me years.

• Like 6

We're on our first Princess sailing soon, so our first medallion experience. Historically I would have my cruise card in a jewellery lanyard and DH would have his card in his phone case and wear the wristband. 

I've been looking at these from Amazon, will these work? Reading through this thread they sound adequate. 

https://amzn.eu/d/0aVydgd0

Runmeihe 2 Pack Airtag Holder + 2 Pack Airtag Keyring Compatible with Apple Air Tag,Soft Adjustable Airtag Bracelet, Airtag Wristband and Airtag Case (black+blue) https://amzn.eu/d/0aVydgd0

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We're on our first Princess sailing soon, so our first medallion experience. Historically I would have my cruise card in a jewellery lanyard and DH would have his card in his phone case and wear the wristband. 

I've been looking at these from Amazon, will these work? Reading through this thread they sound adequate. 

Runmeihe 2 Pack Airtag Holder + 2 Pack Airtag Keyring Compatible with Apple Air Tag,Soft Adjustable Airtag Bracelet, Airtag Wristband and Airtag Case (black+blue) https://amzn.eu/d/0aVydgd0

I do not have *personal* experience with this...but many have posted here on CC that Airtag holders work just fine.

What do others think about the wrist band holder that I suggested?

Here’s what mine looks like. Since it’s always on my wrist I never have to remember where it is or to take it with me. I have removed it & put it into my pocket when I’m dressed for the Formal Nights. 

image.thumb.jpeg.512e51c099369fe9aec48da000f9c6cd.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 4:57 PM, sherryf said:

A rather sexist comment.😉

I accept ladies may not have pockets but they do wear bras! 😊

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, trbarton said:

What do others think about the wrist band holder that I suggested?

Here’s what mine looks like. Since it’s always on my wrist I never have to remember where it is or to take it with me. I have removed it & put it into my pocket when I’m dressed for the Formal Nights. 

I like that because it seems there is no metal on it....I'm allergic.  Where did you get it and does it come in other colors?

26 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I like that because it seems there is no metal on it....I'm allergic.  Where did you get it and does it come in other colors?

Go on Amazon and do a search for Princess Cruise Medallion Bracelet...lots of options.

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2024 at 9:57 AM, sherryf said:

Many women's clothes, especially dresses, do not have pockets at all.  When we do have pockets, they are nowhere near as deep or useful as men's pockets.  I keep things in my pockets when I can, but I wouldn't trust myself to have a tiny thing like a medallion in my pocket and not lose it.  I bought silicone holders that slip onto my watch band.  I think they were about $6 for 3 of them... different colors so I can coordinate.  I don't mind spending the equivalent of one fancy coffee for something that is more convenient, and will last me years.

I have often wondered about the impracticality of of some woman's clothings such as the lack of any or useful pockets.  Why do they make them that way and why do women buy them.  I understand that they may want more attractive clothing as most men including me really don't care what they wear a trait that my wife points out all the time.  However the designers could design attractive and at the same time practical clothining.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

I have often wondered about the impracticality of of some woman's clothings such as the lack of any or useful pockets.  Why do they make them that way and why do women buy them.  I understand that they may want more attractive clothing as most men including me really don't care what they wear a trait that my wife points out all the time.  However the designers could design attractive and at the same time practical clothining.

DON

Pockets usually add bulk and extra width to pants and skirts which is not always desirable.

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Hubby also got us some bands from Amazon just like the one pictured by trbarton. I do not know all the color choices but my husband got us a black one and one that was a blue/green color. No metal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:02 AM, suzyed said:

It came from Amazon several years ago. 

Use this link…https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C99C8D98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1 to see a similar one. 

Tom😀

On 7/29/2024 at 7:32 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

do not get this closure type, apparently, they come unfastened all the time.

we like and use these air tag holders for our Princess medallions:

image.png.0aea9e0882946afc8b10760c31b48db9.png

I got an 8-pack of these in different colors:

20220923_085417.thumb.jpg.f3d5cc91c39a896a0acee4d62e54b3f5.jpg

However, I then purchased these for all of us and we love them even more. That said, if you have thick wrists, you may not be able to use them or you may not like them to be tight. I am ok with that, even though I have fluffy wrists. My husband, despite having narrower wrists, didn't like them as much, but he still wears the green camo one. Our teen wears the blue camo, and I wear the other two.

20220928_154329.thumb.jpg.e46e4ec50c9d9e3afb49563256389bdf.jpg

this is my fluffy wrist

20220923_085554.thumb.jpg.89adf794e99d680db3f8ff3677cdd785.jpg

3 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Here is what we just ordered- I like the velcro closure.... lots of colors, we went neutral for easy matching...lol. 

https://a.co/d/9ET6Rv1

2 Packs Princess Cruise Medallion Holder,Compatible For Princess Cruise Medallion,Breathable Hook&Loop Nylon Sport Style

I’m with you. I love the Velcro as it’s very easy to take on & off & I wear mine 24x7 so it’s always near me & the minute I’ll near my stateroom it automatically unlocks my door. 

Tom😃👍

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:32 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

On 7/29/2024 at 8:47 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I do not have *personal* experience with this...but many have posted here on CC that Airtag holders work just fine.

The only "downside" to using Air Tag holders is that they cover sailing info and the passenger name. I've never been asked to remove the Medallion to "prove" anything but some won't like having that info obscured.

image.jpeg.e994451f623e3f6ce1f1c5d71a823ed4.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 7/30/2024 at 5:30 PM, donaldsc said:

DON

Style probably and the majority of women would have a handbag for their essentials. I'd be uncomfortable if my clothes had large pockets and I'd lots of things about my person.