Need Copy of Revised Booking Confirmation

blackfly

Recently Celebrity cancelled my B2B Cruise on Infinity.  I had my TA book a replacement cruise on the Beyond.  She said she moved my two deposits from the Infinity Cruises to the Beyond Cruise.  I have a copy of my initial Booking Confirmation and requested that my TA send me a revised Booking Conformation that would reflect the transfer of deposits.  I have had several cruises cancelled along with flights and travel insurance policies.  Frankly I think my TA is now avoiding me.  I have been trying to reach her by phone and email for a week now with no reply.  I am in Florida and she is in NY.  Is there a way I can contact Celebrity directly to get a copy of my revised confirmation.  Usually when a TA books a cruise the cruise line won’t communicate with the passenger when it comes to booking information.

5 minutes ago, blackfly said:

Recently Celebrity cancelled my B2B Cruise on Infinity.  I had my TA book a replacement cruise on the Beyond.  She said she moved my two deposits from the Infinity Cruises to the Beyond Cruise.  I have a copy of my initial Booking Confirmation and requested that my TA send me a revised Booking Conformation that would reflect the transfer of deposits.  I have had several cruises cancelled along with flights and travel insurance policies.  Frankly I think my TA is now avoiding me.  I have been trying to reach her by phone and email for a week now with no reply.  I am in Florida and she is in NY.  Is there a way I can contact Celebrity directly to get a copy of my revised confirmation.  Usually when a TA books a cruise the cruise line won’t communicate with the passenger when it comes to booking information.

I would normally say you can call the regular Celebrity 1-800 number, select option 1, then option 3, to get the latest booking confirmation emailed to the address on record for Person #1 on the booking. But I have been informed by folks on CC that only works if you’re booked directly with Celebrity.

You can however, log into the Celebrity website and see what the basics of what booking entails but all the invoice numbers has to be obtained through your TA.  

If you believe you TA is not doing a good job for you, I heard a success story or two about getting the booking transferred back to the cruise line.  It’s not n easy process and your TA must agree to it.  But, if they’ve abandoned you and never respond to you, that may be reason enough.  Before you even think of going through all that, though .. you my want to check your spam folder first.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

This is the main reason I don't usually use a TA. I know there are great ones out there, but I'm always afraid I'll get one like the OP's.

Just a comment that booking with Celebrity is always perfect?  Think I remember several thousand people with problems of all types.  There are lots of new agents at both Celebrity and TAs that are inexperienced. 

With a TA ask questions.  They need to include how long in business, if local how many agents in their office, do they charge fees to change or cancel beyond those charged by the cruiseline, how do you get it contact (hours, time estimates for call backs).

• Thanks 1

I have used the Celebrity automated line several times to request copies of invoices...  if you're in the US you might try 888-307-8413 and follow the prompts.  It is very easy and I believe only requires your booking number.  Quite possible that it is coded differently if you've used a TA... we always book direct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

I have used the Celebrity automated line several times to request copies of invoices...  if you're in the US you might try 888-307-8413 and follow the prompts.  It is very easy and I believe only requires your booking number.  Quite possible that it is coded differently if you've used a TA... we always book direct.

Do you know if the invoice will show payment into? I recently had to have Celebrity find a FCC from a canceled cruise. I had her apply it to one cruise and use the balance on a later cruise. The new balance isn’t what I thought it would be so I’m hoping to use this number you gave to avoid a long hold time. I did book directly with X

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I would normally say you can call the regular Celebrity 1-800 number, select option 1, then option 3, to get the latest booking confirmation emailed to the address on record for Person #1 on the booking. But I have been informed by folks on CC that only works if you’re booked directly with Celebrity.

It did not work for me, with a cruise booked with a TA.

I just tried the number and prompts and it did work for my cruise.  Now I'm just trying to calculate what they show has been paid with FCC and my deposit vs what I show and it doesn't match up.  Ugh, another phone call I guess.

Is your TA a solo act?  Or is he/she with a multi-agent agency?

My TA is pretty good...but, at times she is just WAY TOO busy--especially with all of the extra work caused by the pandemic/cancellations/lift-and-shift/FCC...and sometimes, she is just off somewhere (she deserves vacations and days off as well)...BUT, since she works for a larger agency, I can always just hit the button on their phone system and get transferred to another agent and get help that way...

OTOH, if yours is just unresponsive, I'd try this:  Call and leave him/her a message that you'd like to make a new booking for a VERY expensive cruise....I'll bet he/she calls you back!!!

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 8:24 AM, NBliving said:

I just tried the number and prompts and it did work for my cruise.  Now I'm just trying to calculate what they show has been paid with FCC and my deposit vs what I show and it doesn't match up.  Ugh, another phone call I guess.

Sorry... have been out of town and didn't see your question...  the ones I ordered were only at the point of making a deposit... hope you get a resolution soon!

• Thanks 1

Jim_Iain,

I'm posting this here in the hopes you might be able to answer a question.  My wife and I are on the Millennium in mid-April, it's just a short 4 day cruise.   We are in a sky suite.  This cruise was first booked through Celebrity to go in April of 2021 and when it became apparent that it would not happen, we did the lift and shift to the new cruise in April of 2022.  When I booked the original cruise in 2020 (for 2021), suites did not have all the stuff included but I booked it under a promotion that had gratuities, streaming internet, the premium beverage package and some on board ship credit.  All those items showed on the original invoice in where they showed the charge and then the promotion which reversed the charge.  Ok, when I did the lift and shift, Celebrity had stated the suites now came with all those items, my cruise fare stayed the same and my on board ship credit transferred but now there is no indication that gratuities, streaming internet and premium beverage package are included.  I'm assuming since I'm in a sky suite that should be no problem and when I called in the final payment I specifically asked the live agent if those were all included.  He had to check as he didn't know (?) but then said yes they did.  Ok...now comes a post on here that states someone did not get the beverage package (I'm not sure if that was ever resolved), but everyone on that posting kept stating it was on their invoice as included.  I tried to call Celebrity today but they apparently were way too busy to talk and I finally hung up.  I also tried what you have stated to get my confirmation emailed to me, I was able to do that but again, nothing is indicated anywhere that those items are included.  Am I worrying too much, or should I keep trying Celebrity for a better answer.

Thanks for any and all help, but be reasonable in your replies, thanks.

That's an interesting one.    When I did a couple lift and shifts all of my original perks passed over to the new booking exactly like the first.   In my case I used an agent and they may have done something to make sure they were identical.  

I don't think you are worrying too much.   It will be easier to resolve now than it will be once you are on the ship.   I presume you booked directly with Celebrity if you are calling them.   If booked with an agent you should get them to sort it out for you.

Advise I have heard is to call either really early or really late for the fastest connection.    Some have also said if you press the button for a new reservation you get through faster and they will usually work with you.

Since the OBC is there I suspect all is OK but things notoriously drop off accidentally with L&S.  I agree with JIm that you should call and get things verified before the sailing.  It's a manual process to put the charges and reversals on the invoice so it probably just wasn't done yet.  Many times they can do it while you are on the phone.   Just make sure to get an updated invoice with it documented so you can have piece of mind.

Well, thank you to both Jim_Iain and wrk2cruise, but honestly this is getting more frustrating.  I did call last night after 7pm, I got some very difficult to understand person whose kids were yelling in the background (must still be working from home) and when I posed my question after giving my information, I was put on hold, then told they were still waiting for a response, (I got that 5 times) before it was suggested I call again the next day.  Nope, not doing that.  I want someone who can give me a response now.  This seems like a cut and dried situation, but apparently it's not from reading all the posts.  I sure wish companies would realize how frustrating this is to all of us.  I will continue to try and get some information, but honestly I'm not feeling all great about all of this.

I know this sounds like I'm giving up, which I am not but another cruise line (which I've started using) doesn't seem to have these issues.

Have a nice day