Johnny Rocket Milkshakes

winter560

I've read mixed reports if it includes the milk shake. Seems to depend on the ship. Which pkg are you saying for sure includes them?

Lol there was a cart in WJ with 2 flavors of ice cream. Get a carton of milk and stir? I wouldnt get a pkg just to get milk shakes. 

I thought about just adding milk to the soft serve and stirring! Then I thought people might think I am crazy:)  But adding peach schnapps or baileys is a great idea!  I was looking at the classic Soda package but then saw the one that includes milkshakes for about $8 more...

I was looking at the refreshment package $20 a day, includes the following:

Refreshment Package Offerings:
• Fountain soda and refills at any venue
• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
• Coca-Cola souvenir cup
• Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
• Bottled still and sparkling water
• Premium coffees and teas
• Fresh-squeezed juices
• Johnny Rockets Shakes

Which app shows the pricing?  Does it only work onboard? I downloaded the Royal Carribean one (RC symbol in blue box) and there is not much on it...yet anyway:).  I was going to also look at the myRCL app to see the difference.  We are not cruising until May...B2B cruises to Alaska!

23 minutes ago, winter560 said:

I thought about just adding milk to the soft serve and stirring! Then I thought people might think I am crazy:)  But adding peach schnapps or baileys is a great idea!  I was looking at the classic Soda package but then saw the one that includes milkshakes for about $8 more...

I was looking at the refreshment package $20 a day, includes the following:

Refreshment Package Offerings:
• Fountain soda and refills at any venue
• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
• Coca-Cola souvenir cup
• Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
• Bottled still and sparkling water
• Premium coffees and teas
• Fresh-squeezed juices
• Johnny Rockets Shakes

Which app shows the pricing?  Does it only work onboard? I downloaded the Royal Carribean one (RC symbol in blue box) and there is not much on it...yet anyway:).  I was going to also look at the myRCL app to see the difference.  We are not cruising until May...B2B cruises to Alaska!

Go to dining that is shown at very bottom of the app, then select the Johnny rockets under restaurants.  This is where mine shows pricing but my next sailing is in March on anthem.

5 hours ago, winter560 said:

Thanks everyone. Johnny Rocket is not even listed as a restaurant on the app...maybe I just need to be patient and wait a month or two for it to get closer!

What ship are you sailing on?  Not all of them have a Johnny Rocket's restaurant.

BTW, unless you're going to get a milkshake or two EVERY SINGLE DAY, or unless you're going to be taking advantage of the other non-alcoholic drinks (specialty coffees, mocktails), you're gonna be better off just getting the soda package and paying for a milkshake every now and then.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, mugtech said:

If one is Diamond or above can one use a daily drink voucher to purchase a milkshake?

The Diamond letter I received in my stateroom a couple of weeks ago said the four free drinks can come from any bar except the Bionic Bar and Starbucks. It didn't specifically exclude Johnny Rockets, but it's also not a bar. 

I will point out the diamond letter said I have two coupons good for 50% off a milkshake from Johnny Rockets. That's pretty nice.  The previous cruise I was Emerald and the letter said buy one milkshake get one free. The benefits can vary over time and between ships, but check your C&A welcome letter to see if it includes a deal on milkshakes. 

13 hours ago, SG65CB said:

The Diamond letter I received in my stateroom a couple of weeks ago said the four free drinks can come from any bar except the Bionic Bar and Starbucks. It didn't specifically exclude Johnny Rockets, but it's also not a bar. 

I will point out the diamond letter said I have two coupons good for 50% off a milkshake from Johnny Rockets. That's pretty nice.  The previous cruise I was Emerald and the letter said buy one milkshake get one free. The benefits can vary over time and between ships, but check your C&A welcome letter to see if it includes a deal on milkshakes. 

What C&A letter? Was it in your stateroom, email, or actual letter in the mail?

I don’t remember getting one. 

14 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Buy one get one free and 2 coupons for 50% off is the same thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, poocher said:

Buy one get one free and 2 coupons for 50% off is the same thing.

Financially they are the same, but buy one get one free means you have to buy both at the same time, while 2 coupons for 50% off means you can buy one today and one tomorrow. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

What C&A letter? Was it in your stateroom, email, or actual letter in the mail?

I don’t remember getting one. 

Every time it is in my stateroom when I arrive. a printed sheet of paper on the bed or table. It lists all of the benefits I get during the cruise. Basically a list of all the coupons loaded onto my SeaPass card. Discounts on drinks, a free photo, etc.

50 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I just don't understand all of these people that can supposedly throw down easily over $20 per day in non-alcoholic drinks.  I'd have to go out of my way and gorge myself on beverages to even make that happen once.

CARELESS, you may not be getting enough hydration.  May I suggest the Ultimate drink package at 60.00 per day. 😊

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I just don't understand all of these people that can supposedly throw down easily over $20 per day in non-alcoholic drinks.  I'd have to go out of my way and gorge myself on beverages to even make that happen once.

A foo-foo coffee and a fresh-squeezed OJ in the morning, a can of soda, and a virgin daiquiri would easily hit the $20/day limit. 

• Like 1

I just purchased it for $20 a day on Independence, I am really on the fence about keeping it, but I drink a ton of bottle water and would love the OJ in the morning and a coffee at night.  Still not sure it is worth it.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:03 AM, mugtech said:

If one is Diamond or above can one use a daily drink voucher to purchase a milkshake?

No, not even for a minor Diamond. We could do the B1G1free which they quoted around $3 each basically. 

Now I had read that others could use the minor Diamonds drink vouchers but the Allure actually would not allow us to use them. He said that it was notated "No alcoholic beverages." 

I should add that Cafe Promenade had Strawberry and Vanilla smoothies. 

Edited by ustasmom

On 2/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

On the app it is showing $5.50 for shakes.

Adult shakes are $11

My DH likes to get the free soft serve ice cream and put a shot of peach schnapps or baileys then stir and enjoy!!

That’s exactly what I have done in the past with Baileys. I use one of my diamond drinks. Never have tried it with peach schnapps. I haven’t had any since cruising started since I have tried to forget about them. 🤣  They are tasty. 

• Like 1