Apparently Princess does not monitor/enforce its Covid policies

parentalunit24

Currently on board Enchanted Princess. Numerous announcements in theater pre-show requiring masking. Nevertheless one guest continued to talk ( no drink ) without mask ( she had no mask visible on her person ). Three Princess staff informed of the situation 10 minutes before showtime with a “promise” that they would “look into it”. We waited until end of second song. No action by Princess staff. Female still without mask. We as elderly guests with medical issues left theater.

This morning Princess did monitor and enforce their dining room dress code. MALE guest with bare shoulders was refused entry to Capri dining room. Go figure !!!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, parentalunit24 said:

Currently on board Enchanted Princess. Numerous announcements in theater pre-show requiring masking. Nevertheless one guest continued to talk ( no drink ) without mask ( she had no mask visible on her person ). Three Princess staff informed of the situation 10 minutes before showtime with a “promise” that they would “look into it”. We waited until end of second song. No action by Princess staff. Female still without mask. We as elderly guests with medical issues left theater.

This morning Princess did monitor and enforce their dining room dress code. MALE guest with bare shoulders was refused entry to Capri dining room. Go figure !!!

The mask mandate is going away on March 1st and I'm sure the crew are tired of trying to get the "scofflaws" to comply.

As far as the dress code goes, decorum must be maintained to uphold the high standards of excellence Princess has at all times.

*Tucks tongue back in cheek*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, parentalunit24 said:

We never saw it on our last two cruises either and doubt it ever happened.....Princess is not walking their talk.....they are more concerned about dress codes than health codes evidently.....I am not aware of others dying from someone wearing a polo shirt and Dockers on Formal Nights in the MDR though which they will go to the mat for......

• Haha 1

On our c ru is in December the staff on board the Grand Princess WERE enforcing the mask rules

There was a person at each entrance to the theater checking on masks

At the International Cafe they gave masks to those who didn't have one in when ordering

I suppose now it is everyone for themselves as to wearing or not wearing

Perhaps the individual in question has a medical condition that prevents her from masking!

So, instead of enjoying the show (while you were masked and therefore protected), you focused your energy on this ONE individual, and ultimately left after the second song (rather rude to the performers, btw). Could you not have just moved to another section?

As the last two years have shown us, there will NOT be total compliance with masking in public situations, and a cruise is no different.  If this is your expectation, I fear your time onboard will be not be enjoyable.

• Like 16

Since masking it pretty much gone as of Mar 1 I doubt if Princess will care any longer who doesn't comply. 

It well time to get back to normal cruising & not let the wearing of a mask or dressing for dinner upset you. 

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

There is exactly one way to totally protect yourself from whatever comes your way on a cruise and that is Just Don’t Cruise.

I don't know why some people find that so hard to accept. They're so upset over a person not complying to masking and at the same time rubbing elbows with passengers most of the day. You just can't count on a piece of cloth or paper for protection. 

Since the virus will not be present on any ship as of Mar 1, it's a better time for all the hypochondriacs to begin sailing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, riffatsea said:

On our c ru is in December the staff on board the Grand Princess WERE enforcing the mask rules

There was a person at each entrance to the theater checking on masks

At the International Cafe they gave masks to those who didn't have one in when ordering

I suppose now it is everyone for themselves as to wearing or not wearing

Interesting, when on the Grand for New Year's, no enforcement. People were squeezing into everywhere including  Explorers Lounge (3 people in a 2 seat spot right next to us} with no mask yelling, laughing etc all show. It was in the front row so Crew members could obviously see them. I came home with something resembling Omicron{tested negative) - was sick for at least a week.

While on the Ruby 2 weeks ago, enforcement was happening. 

Lady went to the coffee bar without a mask.  Personal reminded her of the masking policy, she kept repeating, "all I want is a cup of coffee", crew said "no mask, no service". She finally went away.  Didn't stick around to see if she came back masked.  The episode took at least 6 minutes of back and forth.  

Also saw crew tell several pax that were wearing their masks incorrectly to adjust them.  At least 8 times.  

So, I'm assuming it's according to the staff, the ship and what direction the moon is facing.

Edited by justafem
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

This has always been our experience on Princess cruises.....we have even seen fights break out and staff did not intervene........

I really hope they fix this with the new app...

...so that we can bet on outcome of the fights!

As soon as you hear 'Code Sierra' open your phone, and book a bet.

Let's get ready to GGGGRRRRuuuuuuummmmmmbbbbbbbblllllleeeee!

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Perhaps, the CDC is right. People with health issues should not sail on Princess?

There's no doubt about it. 

If people had ANY concern about catching the virus, they should stay off a cruise ship.

• Like 3

Look folks, many are not going to want to hear the truth but the reality about traveling and cruising is that you are going to find all kinds of lax enforcement of the various COVID rules.  We have seen this on 3 cruises, when traveling in Europe, the USA and Mexico.  That is just the way it is and if a person is uncomfortable with the situation they are probably well advised to just stay home (where there also is likely very lax enforcement of COVID rules).  

As to passengers enforcing rules on cruise ships, those folks have always existed (they often do a great job minding everyone else's business) and will likely continue to exist.  We have seen everything from the COVID Police, to the Chair Police, to the dress code police.  It is all part of life and is often the most entertaining part of a trip.

Hank

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Wait a moment. That sounds like 95% of the adults. Wouldn't that sink the cruise industry??? 😲

I doubt if the actual number is that high. The people that are cruising are just being cautious- no worse than going to the local supermarket. There are only a few isolated cases of those that are really concerned. 

I guess we'll never know the actual figures. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, julia said:

Perhaps the individual in question has a medical condition that prevents her from masking!

If that was the case, then that person should not have agreed to Princess' Healthy Sailing protocols which included masking.  If you have a medical condition which prevents you from complying with the rules then you shouldn't be on a cruise at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

I sympathise with the OP...

"We as elderly guests with medical issues left theater."

Its one thing to get on the boat without a care for others. Its another thing entirely to sail with promises of CRUISE HEALTH...

"It’s one of the safest vacations you can have – with vaccination rates approaching 100% and health protocols that put your safety first... Masks: Guests will be required to wear a face mask indoors at all times and outdoors when physical distancing cannot be maintained."

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/

Perhaps, the CDC is right. People with health issues should not sail on Princess?

Princess is just doing a basic switch and bait on their Healthy Cruising.....Covid is not over but their days of having a lot of sick passengers on longer cruises is just beginning.....it seems to be Princess' karma with Covid issues.....

• Thanks 1

This is the same problem as deck chair hogs. The crew is in a no win situation. If they enforce the rules they have an unhappy passenger (the type that generally complains to management) and if they don't enforce the rules they have unhappy passengers, but are not in line for personally being blamed for the situation.

Any argument with a passenger can become a real problem for a crew member. I would probably turn a blind eye if I were them as well. 

I am looking forward to our cruises in March, where hopefully this won't be an issue. 

For the record, I don't like the mask rules, but I wear one at work and I will wear one on the cruise out of respect for other people. I have actually had covid (like a flu for me), and I am fully vaccinated, but I am not what would be considered the demographic that is particularly vulnerable to coronavirus. If others are bothered by me not wearing a mask when the rules change, I will do my best to accommodate them. Just like I hope you would if it was someone vulnerable. I just think of my father, or in-laws, or quite a number of other people I know who would certainly be much sicker if they got covid than I was. Be kind. It is annoying, but it really is a minor inconvenience to wear a mask.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess is just doing a basic switch and bait on their Healthy Cruising.....Covid is not over but their days of having a lot of sick passengers on longer cruises is just beginning.....it seems to be Princess' karma with Covid issues.....

spongebob – Deceptology

... I thought you were moving on 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

Would be nice if they enforce the rules but honestly doubt any staff really want to do that on a constant basis - a majority of land based  sports, convention, concert venues also have the rule and once past the front gate/door it hasn't been enforced. Friend works at a large venue in NYC - their supervisor said not to bother enforcing it once a staff member got attacked over trying to enforce it. Always thought it was a joke - one staff member says put it on - person walks 5ft away takes their mask off again - are the staff suppose to follow people around 24/7..   With the mandates being lifted highly unlikely staff will care to enforce it as much as they did IF they did at all to begin with.