Do fully vaccinated adults have to wear ID bands?

coffeebean

Just now, coffeebean said:

Currently, are fully vaccinated adults wearing ID bands to show they are in fact, fully vaccinated? Anyone on board a Royal ship now care to answer that? Thanks.

Yes, fully vaccinated adults are required to wear or have a ID band with them at all times

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, fully vaccinated adults are required to wear or have a ID band with them at all times

Ah.......key words are "have a ID band with them". Is Royal allowing the ID band to be clipped to a ladies purse or attached to clothing?

Just off the Mariner a couple weeks ago and had to wear them. Take something to cut off the excess band that will be there when you put it on, otherwise it can get in the way of eating. I also did not tighten it all the way and was able to slip it off at night. Other than that I didn't hardly notice it was there. Seemed pointless to me as everyone was required to be vaccinated on the ship at that time

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, and YMMV, but on our Anthem cruise in December I went to guest services and asked for a new band (I originally had them place the band on my dominant hand, which meant it got in the way every time I ate, etc). They replaced it with one of the slip-on and -off silicone bands!

• Like 1

The wristband does not have to be tight.  Mine for my Navi b2b were loose enough that whenever I was in my cabin I hung it with my lanyard and seapass card.  (I hate wearing anything on my wrists, so it worked great for me.)

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We both wore ours for the 12 days of our cruise, and didn't even notice them.  After a shower they dried almost instantly.  It's not a big deal.

So, when they put them on in the port, don’t let them super tighten them.  I took mine off when I wanted, you just need to be careful not to lose them.  I learned from our trip to COTA for the US Grand Prix in October, to not fully lock them down. 

When we boarded the Allure in December, I stopped the girl tightening mine down, and I tightened it on the wide spot of my thumb where I could slip it off.  So, I often took it off at night and in the shower when it was dry. The downside is you have to remember to put it on when you leave your cabin