Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

Hi all!

Saint Greg ~ thanks for taking me along, it was a nice reminder of my cruise last month.

I got off Breakaway & walked over to Glory, short walk & great experience comparing NCL to Carnival. New Orleans was cold when I was there, glad I took my winter coat!!

Looking forward to your next cruise.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2

We had to cancel this cruise but I did get to enjoy it through you. Thank You. One question, the 50 year celebration, was it all that the pre cruise hype suggested it would be? The throw back music, games, menus, midnight buffet, meet up at sea etc.

Edited by eltigre
  • Like 3

On 3/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, Saint Greg said:

it wasn’t exactly what i see on Gordon Ramsay shows. Slightly rare. Not much to the pastry. Nothing special. 

The cake frosting was good. The fruit was like something out of a fruit cake. The sponge was like pre-covid carnival lido cakes.

When I'm in Las Vegas in a couple weeks I am planning on lunch at Hell's Kitchen, or maybe dinner.  I think Beef Wellington is sounding very tasty!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, heffy2 said:

I'm catching up with your review, as our wifi was not the greatest last week on Ecstasy. It got better as the week went on, but whew, the ship was not ready for passengers yet. On this sailing I didn't hear it much, but on my first sailing out of Mobile, Sweet Home was requested so much that the soloist and the DJ started refusing to play it.

How was the MDR?  Service?  Food?  TIA!

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That was a cluster. 

Anyway 10 weeks from today I fly to Seattle for a couple days there ahead of my Splendor cruise to Alaska. As long as you’re subscribed here with notifications you’ll get a notification.

Looking forward to Alaska!  Hopefully warmer than New Orleans today😜

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That was a cluster. 

Anyway 10 weeks from today I fly to Seattle for a couple days there ahead of my Splendor cruise to Alaska. As long as you’re subscribed here with notifications you’ll get a notification.

Also on this cruise. Getting to Seattle on that Saturday. Excursions for Icy straight point now showing.

• Like 1

Thanks Greg for another fabulous review!!!

Looking forward to the Alaska Cruise 🙂 

You are sending us off on a great note - we leave in a couple hours on our journey to Tampa, for a cruise later in the week...

Cheers  --  Von & John

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That was a cluster. 

Well...I don't know what your plans are in Seattle area pre cruise...but if you get adventurous and rent a car for a day tour of the Portland area then dinner's on me!  But not Mendy's!

Edited by Roscoe13
Cheers at home package
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah and I’m booked early on celebration and jubilee so I’ll get to see it as well. My theory was the “free” specialty restaurants will stay free because the dining rooms are not big enough .

They aren't and they are understaffed on the special dinner night it took a solid two hours in the main dining room. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I'm in Las Vegas in a couple weeks I am planning on lunch at Hell's Kitchen, or maybe dinner.  I think Beef Wellington is sounding very tasty!

It's awesome at Hells Kitchen did it last year!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Von & John said:

Thanks Greg for another fabulous review!!!

Looking forward to the Alaska Cruise 🙂 

You are sending us off on a great note - we leave in a couple hours on our journey to Tampa, for a cruise later in the week...

Cheers  --  Von & John

Hey guys we MISS YOU over on the TRIBE forum....have a FANTASTIC CRUISE!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

I was wondering if we could use the package the last morning for coffee

yes as long as you paid for cheers for the first day. Like in galveston where they don’t have cheers day 1, you have to pay for your coffee on debarkation day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eltigre said:

We had to cancel this cruise but I did get to enjoy it through you. Thank You. One question, the 50 year celebration, was it all that the pre cruise hype suggested it would be? The throw back music, games, menus, midnight buffet, meet up at sea etc.

The one menu. The ships sailing in formation for an hour or so. Special retail items for purchase. A lanyard I didn’t get and a hat pin. That’s about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

No both of my backpacks are Samsonite. Both are great quality. 

Thanks. FYI, it's Samsonite's High Sierra division that manufactures the Fat Boy that I purchased. 

Fatboy Backpack in the color True Navy/Mercury. #11

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 2