Live from Wonder of the Seas! March 4 to 11, 2022 Inaugural Cruise!

10 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Had this happen on Anthem once.  What a mess!  

We had the fire doors close many times on various cruises before when they were testing them, but never recieved the water works show they are getting today. I'm guessing this is going to cost extra on Wonder if this is a weekly thing.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We had the fire doors close many times on various cruises before when they were testing them, but never recieved the water works show they are getting today. I'm guessing this is going to cost extra on Wonder if this is a weekly thing.

Some ships just have a small fountain show under the rising tide bar.  Wonder goes all out!

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Some ships just have a small fountain show under the rising tide bar.  Wonder goes all out!

Ironically, I was just writing a post to ask if the Rising Tide has a water feature.  Judging from the pics you posted, it appears it does not. Or was it just turned off?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Ironically, I was just writing a post to ask if the Rising Tide has a water feature.  Judging from the pics you posted, it appears it does not. Or was it just turned off?

I don't think so, like Symphony does not either.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I'm just going by what we were told when we booked our two JS's for April 1st.  We were told the king beds  in the JS do NOT separate, unless we wanted one of them on deck 8.   He didn't say those were the only ones on the ship that could be split, but they were the only JS's still available at the time we were booking that could be split.

Also, if you compare Royal Caribbean's deck plan for Junior Suites on Wonder compared to other ship's deck plans, or other staterooms (both smaller and larger) on the same ship, and you will see these are the only rooms that just list "One King bed"  instead of  "Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed".                          

Oh yes I see what you mean. Glad now I didn’t book a JS for our sailing in July, may have had to actually share a bed with DH! 😳🤣🤣

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Curious if someone pulled a fire alarm, or if this was truly a "test", or a computer glitch, Odd to do it on the inaugural cruise.

I don't think sprinklers are automated to go when a fire alarm is activated.    There was no fire alarm sounded on the ship, no bravo or other calls.  I walked in from the Boardwalk where I was taking pictures and saw a mist in the distance with some white noise and I thought... is that water coming down?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't think sprinklers are automated to go when a fire alarm is activated.    There was no fire alarm sounded on the ship, no bravo or other calls.  I walked in from the Boardwalk where I was taking pictures and saw a mist in the distance with some white noise and I thought... is that water coming down?

It looked like the music balcony got hit with the water. I hope there wasn't any sound equipment that might have gotten wet and ruined in the water line.  Poor mustang got a good dousing.  If this was an "accident" I am just glad it happened when the Promenade was relatively empty and not during formal night or a large event.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

It looked like the music balcony got hit with the water. I hope there wasn't any sound equipment that might have gotten wet and ruined in the water line.  Poor mustang got a good dousing.  If this was an "accident" I am just glad it happened when the Promenade was relatively empty and not during formal night or a large event.

There was a drum set that was being rescued when I was at the Schooner Bar.  

I think the Mustang wasn’t under the primary zone that triggered.  It got a good misting but not a direct hit.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

All of those flower arrangements need a good watering, and it was time to wash the Mustang.

Not the convertible! 😬🙃😂 Someone put that top up, quick! 

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sprinkler "Test".

It was great to see many crew from different departments pitching in to help with the clean up.  

Wow, that sprinkler head was putting out a lot of water.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, that sprinkler head was putting out a lot of water.

That is what we were thinking. Didn’t realize the volume of water those could push out, but that was impressive. 

Thanks for sharing, @twangster. If our sailing does take place may need to bring a rain jacket. And here I thought I only needed it for the AK cruise! 😂

• Like 4

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Labadee!

First time of the ship and an opportunity to see it from the outside up close.

WN2203-200.jpg

The Pinta is back to ferry guest directly to Columbus Cove if so desired.

WN2203-201.jpg

WN2203-202.jpg

WN2203-203.jpg

They've redone the arrivals plaza since my last visit before the shutdown.  Now there is a towel station as soon as you are off the pier.

WN2203-204.jpg

WN2203-205.jpg

WN2203-206.jpg

• Like 8

My first stop was Barefoot Beach for full Suites and Pinnacle.

WN2203-207.jpg

WN2203-208.jpg

WN2203-209.jpg

WN2203-210.jpg

Wristbands for entry.

WN2203-211.jpg

I don't remember all these cabanas close to the food pavilion and bar within Barefoot Beach.

WN2203-212.jpg

WN2203-213.jpg

WN2203-214.jpg

WN2203-214.jpg

WN2203-215.jpg

WN2203-216.jpg

WN2203-217.jpg

WN2203-218.jpg

Power outlets in the cabanas.

WN2203-219.jpg

• Like 5