Live from Wonder of the Seas! March 4 to 11, 2022 Inaugural Cruise!

10 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I do too, but on our next cruise, we won't be home to print the test results.  I guess I will just snap screenshots of our negative results, so they can be pulled up quickly on the phone, one after the other.  Unless I haul our printer to the AirBnB and leave in the car for 10 days.......hmmm, that's a thought.  🤣

Back to the cruise, thanks for taking us along, @twangster!  Have a great time!!

Can you go to a public library?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Just for chuckles, show up at GS tomorrow ranting and raving right after they open the staterooms and demand answers...  🤣

No way.  After scoring my upgrade they reopened interior for booking but didn’t downgrade me.  I’m not taking any chances 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m hoping the cabins will be available right away since there won’t be passengers getting off tomorrow.

Likely depends how many employees and family made it on board for the two day shakedown cruise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Can you go to a public library?

Hmm. Didn’t think about that. Thanks. Will have to check on that. 🙂 We are driving down to fly out with my sister and aunt. They are both directionally challenged and can’t trust they would get to Seattle to meet us for the cruise.😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twangster said:

No way.  After scoring my upgrade they reopened interior for booking but didn’t downgrade me.  I’m not taking any chances 🤣

I think they thought, @twangster, score! We know he takes great photos, so give him a better cabin.  We can’t count on the rest of these influencers for outstanding photos. 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

They way to go for people that don’t know how to use technology. Paper is boring and useless 

Used to work for a major cell co and cell tower coverage can be spotty. You never know how an app will behave with low cell or WiFi coverage.

I will be using paper and tech since I don’t have a printer.

We are a community here and we need to lift each other up, not put each other down.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Used to work for a major cell co and cell tower coverage can be spotty. You never know how an app will behave with low cell or WiFi coverage.

I will be using paper and tech since I don’t have a printer.

We are a community here and we need to lift each other up, not put each other down.

I really appreciate your words.  Also sometimes we write before we think of how our words will sound to others.  We all have our own opinions but just need to be thoughtful when we express them.    I know my way around a computer and apps but I still love my paper compass.  To me, it is so much easier to read then the app.  So looking forward to this review.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

I really appreciate your words.  Also sometimes we write before we think of how our words will sound to others.  We all have our own opinions but just need to be thoughtful when we express them.    I know my way around a computer and apps but I still love my paper compass.  To me, it is so much easier to read then the app.  So looking forward to this review.  

Not much different from reading a newspaper. I find it very fatiguing online and prefer the paper version.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

They way to go for people that don’t know how to use technology. Paper is boring and useless 

Technology is socially ruining generations of young people.  The dangers of apps and the internet are ever present and any parent who thinks much about it would likely not be so open to handing their little ones their phone which starts the addiction (1 and 2 year olds is normal now).  

And oh what a joy it is walking behind people with their noses in their phone in a crowded place like  a cruise or at a place like a theme park. Good old fashioned paper is far from useless and my kids absolutely love their books and magazines all made from paper.  And one of their favorite things to do is draw and color.  All on paper.  Not boring for them at all and much better for their mental development than any piece of technology.  

Technology has it’s place no doubt, but so does paper and print.   I am far from a tech novice and I’ll gladly request paper copies for things such as the cruise compass and I will bring hard copies of things like my negative Covid test.  I’ll also bring paper maps when I travel to places like Europe.  I’ll use my phone as the backup.   

• Like 19

17 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

my 15 year old boy is probably the most tech savvy, app loving kid with almost 70,000 followers on Tik Tok.  When I mentioned that they might be doing away with the cruise compasses, he wasn’t happy about it.  I asked him why not, and he said that when he is in the stateroom, it is faster to look at the compass to find the hours for things.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Day is breaking in Central Florida and it’s time to hit the road.  Going radio silent for several hours while I drive.  

C5BEAE4D-9E56-4613-B9EA-6CB435E86101.thumb.jpeg.c353ecfff4806a055bb037a2db444c5e.jpeg

Beautiful!  I do so love living in Central Florida as well.    Bring on the Gators!  😉  

• Like 2