First time in suite…

ozziebound

Hi everyone! 
My wife and I have a suite for the first time coming up and I’m wondering what benefits are still in effect given Covid and also that it’s only a four night sailing. 
ie we don’t get a free specialty restaurant because it’s a short cruise I think. But we do eat in club class any dinner and most lunches? And breakfasts in a special dining room too? 
other things still being offered? 
VIP embark/debarkation? 
laundry and cleaning and shoe polishing? Even on such a short sailing?

Access to enclave on discovery princess or we still pay for that? And sanctuary?

thanks!

adam 

• Like 2

Yes to club class lunch on sea days only and dinner each evening. Special suite breakfast each morning. Enclave on Royal Class ships is not included. There is a charge. There is also a charge for the sanctuary.

Yes for laundry, but on such a short cruise turn around time may limit service. Speak with the cabin steward.

• Like 1

VIP embark and disembark seems to vary by ship - I think mostly Elites and suites simply are placed in a separate wait area prior to embarkation and are boarded earlier than others.  As regards disembark - anytime you want.

• Like 1

I use the laundry a lot when sailing in a full suite. Ask your steward what time he needs the laundry by in the morning and you will get it back the same day.  I always write full suite on the ticket and check mark Same day. The charge will show up on your account and be automatically credited.  

You can call room service during MDR hours and have any MDR menu items sent to your suite. You can order a lovely afternoon tea in your suite (1 day advance notice) 

I have been offered a free first night specialty dining on a 5 day sailing since the restart. There will be a letter in your cabin listing your suite benefits so read it first day. 
There’s a happy hour lounge in the evening for you as well. The food has improved in my opinion at this event since the restart. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3

I'll add that the suite breakfast, usually in Sabatini's, is IMHO by far the most enjoyable of suite perks.  We ordinarily wouldn't go to the MDR for breakfast on a daily basis - but we NEVER miss the suite breakfast.  They will prepare anything within reason assuming the ingredients are available.  Omelette with avocado and jack cheese is my favorite.

As for priority boarding, pre-covid this was hit or miss, for our one post-covid cruise it didn't matter, they had boarded the entire lounge by the time we got to the ship . . . at 12 noon.

• Like 8

Ask your steward for copies of all the MDR menus if you’d like to have them as keepsakes. I enjoy sitting on the balcony only looking it over with a glass of wine before dinner each night. Of course the menus are available on your phone, tablet and TV. I have them for all my sailings and I like looking back on them when getting ready to repeat an itinerary. I date them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Ask your steward for copies of all the MDR menus if you’d like to have them as keepsakes. I enjoy sitting on the balcony only looking it over with a glass of wine before dinner each night. Of course the menus are available on your phone, tablet and TV. I have them for all my sailings and I like looking back on them when getting ready to repeat an itinerary. I date them. 

My wife is a scrapbooker so she might like this idea.  Thanks!

My wife and I have cruised in suites a few times.  The last time was on a Royal class ship (as is the Discovery Princess), and we were introduced to the Suite Concierge Lounge on Deck 14.  We found this to be a terrific hideaway.  Coffee and teas were available all day.  Orange juice was available in the morning and cocktails were served in the late afternoon.  (That was a trial on our cruise, and I don't know if it has been continued.)  Noshes were rotated in and out all day--pastries, finger sandwiches, cookies, cheeses.

The lounge has comfortable living room furnishings, and, depending on other the number of other patrons, can it can be a pleasant reading spot.

There is, in fact, a concierge stationed in the lounge who can assist with various types of requests--specialty dining reservations, excursions, billing questions, I even reported a plumbing problem in our cabin and he had a plumber dispatched.

• Like 1

Can any verify if non Suite passengers are allows in the Concierge Lounge?  Wife and I are in one of the Penthouse suites on deck 14, but parents are in a Club Class Mini.  They usually like to "hang" with us if possible.  (Told Dad to get a full Suite so he can enjoy the "top shelf" free drinks during cocktail hour with us.  🍹)

15 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Can any verify if non Suite passengers are allows in the Concierge Lounge?  Wife and I are in one of the Penthouse suites on deck 14, but parents are in a Club Class Mini.  They usually like to "hang" with us if possible.  (Told Dad to get a full Suite so he can enjoy the "top shelf" free drinks during cocktail hour with us.  🍹)

We were recently in same situation.  My BIL and SIL were not allowed in concierge lounge with us.  This was on the Regal Feb 12 sailing .  Also no free cocktails.  Just beer and wine during late afternoon.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Usually not. Similar to Club Class - there is not room for everyone and their guests. Elite used to be able to join but that changed during COVID. I am not sure when they are starting that back up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

Usually not. Similar to Club Class - there is not room for everyone and their guests. Elite used to be able to join but that changed during COVID. I am not sure when they are starting that back up. 

The concierge has always been for full suites only. If you included all elite cruisers you could have several hundred crammed in there. Are you confusing this with the Elite nibbles in the evening or a different cruise line ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fatbird said:

Do all the ships have a concierge lounge? I looked at the deck plan for Ruby and didn't see that.

No. Ships like the Grand do not.  For evening happy hour they use venues like the Club 5 Nightclub. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, pedirn said:

We were recently in same situation.  My BIL and SIL were not allowed in concierge lounge with us.  This was on the Regal Feb 12 sailing .  Also no free cocktails.  Just beer and wine during late afternoon.

Thanks for the info.  Sad no free cocktails, was a perk I was looking forward to.

14 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I use the laundry a lot when sailing in a full suite. Ask your steward what time he needs the laundry by in the morning and you will get it back the same day.  I always write full suite on the ticket and check mark Same day. The charge will show up on your account and be automatically credited.  

You can call room service during MDR hours and have any MDR menu items sent to your suite. You can order a lovely afternoon tea in your suite (1 day advance notice) 

I have been offered a free first night specialty dining on a 5 day sailing since the restart. There will be a letter in your cabin listing your suite benefits so read it first day. 
There’s a happy hour lounge in the evening for you as well. The food has improved in my opinion at this event since the restart. 

I’ve been an Elite member for a number of years & have never gotten my laundry back in one day so I wouldn’t count on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’ve been an Elite member for a number of years & have never gotten my laundry back in one day so I wouldn’t count on it. 

Full suite passengers have priority over Elites when it comes to having laundry done, so it is possible for full suite passengers to get laundry back in a day.

• Like 5

Suite laundry needs to be turned in by 9 AM to be returned after dinner; same day.

Suite breakfast is not served on embarkation AND disembarkation day.  Unfortunately, that means you will only have 2 days.  Enjoy it!

Fresh squeezed orange juice/mimosas 

Specialty coffees (lattes, espressos, etc)

Great service

Quiet

Do not be shy, ask within reason

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Fresh squeezed orange juice/mimosas 

Specialty coffees (lattes, espressos, etc)

Great service

Quiet

Do not be shy, ask within reason

The Sabatini's breakfast is Suites only, I presume just like Concierge?  Need to prep the folks on when they can and can't join us!  😉