The Daily for Sunday 03/20/2022

richwmn

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.  We did here in SW MI so I got outside to work on cleaning my garden beds out.  Then the MI State Duke game sadly MI State lost.  

Prayers to all on Roy's care list and for some relief for the poor people of Ukraine.  🙏

• Like 11

46 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

That’s okay Roy. Graham posted the following which gave me the information I wanted. Similar to a Neptune Suite but with some extras. 

Thanks for sharing this Graham!

Just to add a bit of perspective, there are 4 dining groups on Cunard, which go with the cabin booked.

1. Almost 90% of guests are booked in Britannia which is everything from from inside up to most balconies.  It's actually the most magnificent dining room on QM2, 2 glorious levels on the lower decks.  With a bit of a British accent it's otherwise pretty equivalent to the HAL dining room.  The one difference is that it's all fixed dining.  On QE and QV the Britannia dining room is pretty much the same spot as on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

2. Next up is Britannia Club.  Think of it as more or less the equivalent of a Vista Suite.  At least on QM2 it's the least attractive location, a corner of the back of the lower level of the Britannia Dining room with absolutely no windows.  You have a fixed table for breakfast and dinner but can dine any time during the meal period.  At dinner shared tables will usually agree on a meal time but at breakfast you just show up when ready.  On QE and QV Britannia is in the area where the Explorations Lounge is on Eurodam.

3. Princess Grill is similar schedule to Britannia Club but lunch is taken there as well and there;s a significantly expanded menu.  Graham showed you a photo of a typical cabin.  On QM2 the Grills are located on the Promenade Deck aft with windows but a bit of a restricted view.  There's also a Grills Lounge and a Grills Deck space on one deck aft.  On QE and QV the Grills are in the same space as Tamirind.  The Grills Lounge and Deck space are also in the same area.

4. Queens Grill is very similar to Princess Grill with bigger cabins and a few more perks. 

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Everyone, and especially @rafinmd, Roy, while looking at the Meet the Officers on the TV, we discovered that Sabine is back from vacation.  It's good to see her back on the Koningsdam.

Lenda

That's great news!  I so enjoyed sailing with her in October and November.  Hope she gives another presentation like she did back then.  Seeya in a week.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We are on board the beautiful Rotterdam having lunch in Dutch Cafe. Around 2,400 guest on board. Few children. First day Neptune Lounge is self serve and sounds like Sip and Savor is back.

Off to Muster scan and exploring this beautiful ship.

Would you let us know if masks are required in the gym.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

That's great news!  I so enjoyed sailing with her in October and November.  Hope she gives another presentation like she did back then.  Seeya in a week.

Looking forward to meeting you next week.  Along with @Vict0riann and @Live4cruises, we are trying to arrange a mini M&G.  You are welcome to join us.

We also sailed with Sabine in November and December.

Lenda

• Like 5

@mamaofami

Carol,

As i think about this situation.  i am not sure it is your place to tell the agency about the aide’s prior arrest or the circumstances that let to it.  If this aide has not done anything bad to your husband and he is doing his job, I would just let it go, at least until Sam’s surgery is over.

if you want to get another aide, just request one without telling them why. I would not disclose what you know, no matter how you found out about it. For all you know, the agency may actually know about it.

If you can live with the way he is doing his job, I would let it be, but I would be sure that I watch him carefully and ask Sam a lot of questions. Remember, this aide knows where you live and if you are the cause of him losing his job it may turn ugly.

I am praying for you.

Terri

• Like 6

15 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

I can think of some people the aliens could abduct that may improve the earth for International Earth Day 🙂 One of them sounds like a dish from Quebec. 

Funny you would say that. I mentioned to my hubby that I’d love it if Elan would donate a space ship, and send the one you refer to on the first mission to Mars. I’d also include a couple of troublesome politicians from both major parties ( none of whom I’ll mention here) in the plan. I’m sure they would all be honored to be the first.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Hi all

Have never posted on this thread but have a few pictures of Dravuni Island.

Lovely island and people. They have a primary school which you are more than welcome to go into.

The children greet visitors with lovely songs.

Hope the pictures work

image.png.943b5ef47780a9493000c2613afd35e1.pngimage.png.39d12d39702fc22a222077f43dfbfa12.png  

image.png.03c17c47e1a78482c83b2dc00e682517.pngimage.png.b67a5ea92c555bfacf4e6f031230e438.png  

Edited by Babsjo
spelling
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Babsjo said:

Hi all

Lovely island and people. They have a primary school which you are more than welcome to go into.

Hope the pictures work

image.png.943b5ef47780a9493000c2613afd35e1.pngimage.png.39d12d39702fc22a222077f43dfbfa12.png  

image.png.03c17c47e1a78482c83b2dc00e682517.pngimage.png.b67a5ea92c555bfacf4e6f031230e438.png  

Welcome to the Daily.  What an awesome first post!

Roy

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Babsjo said:

Hi all

Hope the pictures work

Thank you & welcome! Hope you join in more! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Looking forward to meeting you next week.  Along with @Vict0riann and @Live4cruises, we are trying to arrange a mini M&G.  You are welcome to join us.

We also sailed with Sabine in November and December.

Lenda

OK, I'll watch for news on mini-M&G.  Good to cruise with fellow Texans.  I'm down in the bilge this trip in 1095.

• Like 1