Washing machines

Slyfox16

2 minutes ago, Slyfox16 said:

Does the Silhouette have pay washing machines that you can use or does everything go through the ship's laundry?

There is no ship in Celebrity's fleet with self service Laundry.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned by others there are no self service laundry facilities on any ship in the Celerity fleet. 

However they do offer both 24 hour dry cleaning and general laundry services for a fee.  Laundry given to your stateroom attendant for either service on any day is returned typically after 5 the next day by them with the evening room turn down service.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

However they do offer both 24 hour dry cleaning and general laundry services for a fee.  Laundry given to your stateroom attendant for either service on any day is returned typically after 5 the next day by them with the evening room turn down service.

The only thing I take exception to is the laundry turnaround. We've done four Celebrity cruises since the restart, four different ships,three different ship classes and on none of the cruises did laundry ever come back on the next day. On the Apex it was a nine day cruise in Retreat Class and we did two bags of laundry on different days and neither came back the next day. Actually the laundry came back on Day three for both bags. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The only thing I take exception to is the laundry turnaround. We've done four Celebrity cruises since the restart, four different ships,three different ship classes and on none of the cruises did laundry ever come back on the next day. On the Apex it was a nine day cruise in Retreat Class and we did two bags of laundry on different days and neither came back the next day. Actually the laundry came back on Day three for both bags. 

That's unfortunate - and I'm wondering if it might be just related to the restart and getting up to speed with everything?  

19 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I thought if you wanted it returned the next day, there was a spot to mark it for quick return, and it was an additional charge. Ours usually made it back the 2nd day. Had it come back the next day a few times also without being requested. 

Den

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That's unfortunate - and I'm wondering if it might be just related to the restart and getting up to speed with everything?  

I'm wondering if it is ship dependent.    I always have gotten our laundry back in 1 day.    The do have a 50% premium for same day.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

As noted, no self serve washing machines on the ship.

Curiously, though, I don't think washing machines or tumble dryers are listed amongst the appliances you are not allowed to bring on board.  So, potentially you could bring yours from home and plumb them in in your stateroom. Expect some odd looks at check in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

40 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

As noted, no self serve washing machines on the ship.

Curiously, though, I don't think washing machines or tumble dryers are listed amongst the appliances you are not allowed to bring on board.  So, potentially you could bring yours from home and plumb them in in your stateroom. Expect some odd looks at check in.

My vote for one of the funniest posts EVER on CC!!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I thought if you wanted it returned the next day, there was a spot to mark it for quick return, and it was an additional charge. Ours usually made it back the 2nd day. Had it come back the next day a few times also without being requested. 

Den

It has been the next day without any surcharges.  However, on one cruise, our attendant had forgotten to pick it up from down below and apologized that it arrived the 2nd day.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

It has been the next day without any surcharges.  However, on one cruise, our attendant had forgotten to pick it up from down below and apologized that it arrived the 2nd day.

I believe it depends on when you get you bag in. And yup, got it the next day a number of times But it is Very handy and we use it all the time. 

Den

6 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Best of luck getting the plumbing tools aboard that you would need to use to "plumb them in your stateroom".  Not to mention finding an electrical outlet, assuming yours are not gas of course, that the circuit breaker does not trip every time you turn the dryer on. 

32 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I think the washing machines are a RCL feature only.

Never seen any on any of the RCL ships we have sailed on.  

Friends said they had them on Princess but we've never sailed on that line so cannot confirm. 

4 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I believe it depends on when you get you bag in. And yup, got it the next day a number of times But it is Very handy and we use it all the time. 

Den

Second day or third day, A OK with me, who wants to spend one minute of time in a laundry room on a cruise.  Thankfully Celebrity does not offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Technically the free laundry that comes with Elite and Elite+ is two day service, not next day. And as I wrote in my post my most recent experience was three weeks ago on the Reflection, with two day laundry return, so my experiences are recent. People should be posting what the POLICY is and if they want to recount what their actual experiences are, that's fine. 

Edited by kwokpot

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Never seen any on any of the RCL ships we have sailed on.  

Friends said they had them on Princess but we've never sailed on that line so cannot confirm. 

We recently sailed on Princess, and they did have a self-service laundry on every deck. The nicest surprise was they left a bowl of coins for use in both washers and dryers. (That might have been a special treat as a welcome back from COVID, but it was a lovely surprise.) In those laundry rooms they also had ironing boards and irons.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Technically the free laundry that comes with Elite and Elite+ is two day service, not next day. And as I wrote in my post my most recent experience was three weeks ago on the Reflection, with two day laundry return, so my experiences are recent. People should be posting what the POLICY is and if they want to recount what their actual experiences are, that's fine. 

Yes of course 

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The short and direct answer by @kwokpot in post #2 still stands.  😀

In a room full of CruiseCritic users, if you ask "Does anyone have a pen I can borrow?', here are the likely results:

• Explanation of how the pen mechanically works
  • Difference between felt tip, ball point, etc.
  • Reasons why I should always carry my own pen
  • The unsanitary nature of my request, particularly during a pandemic
  • "You can get one in the Retreat Lounge... oh you're not in a suite, how sad."
  • "I didn't get a free pen in my cabin either. I complained to the Hotel Director."
  • "I bet you removed your auto-gratuities. It serves you right"
  • "Sorry, I only use my Montblanc platinum coated pen, but it's in my safe"

Someone may even lend me a pen

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

In a room full of CruiseCritic users, if you ask "Does anyone have a pen I can borrow?', here are the likely results:

• "I didn't get a free pen in my cabin either. I complained to the Hotel Director."

Oh you forgot ink color choice but maybe that starts another thread.  Red vs. Blue Ink?😀

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Someone would tell you that there's a pen already provided in the cabin.

Someone else would then ask if there was a cruise only fare without a provided pen because they objected to paying for something they didn't use.

Someone would say that they've got all their free pens since 1982 and complaining how the quality of pens has declined, particularly since the appointment of Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Someone would complain that the pens on E-class ships are a case style over substance and blame Kelly Hoppen, who has never used a pen at sea.

Edited by barbette165
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7