The Daily for Monday 03/21/2022

richwmn

Just now, rafinmd said:

We had sad news from my fire department email today.  A valued member of our peer support team who comforted first responders and others in time of grief and even provided  help to neighboring jurisdictions, Tilly "Bean" Tozaki, crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.  Tilly, you will be missed.

Roy

Sorry that Tilly crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

About to start work, but @grapau27 hug yourself, Pauline and Sarah.  I thought my family was bad....brother and i adopted, but not related.  Mom passes away, Dad passes away, his wife passes away, no more ties to me, and I haven't heard from him in 18 years.  If you guys need a sister, I'm  available. 😸

I would be honored to be your sister!!! 😊

Families that we grew up with can be a challenge; living it.

Let me know when you want to go out to lunch!!! 😉

• Like 7

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

M-W-F will be late reading The Daily--back to the gym in the mornings. Membership was "on-hold" way too long so needed to use it or lose it. 😲

Auntie, DH and I stayed in Queenstown, NZ and scheduled day trips around area including one to Milford Sound. Unofficially, called the 8th wonder of the world. 😊

🙏Prayers to all in need and especially the people of Ukraine.🙏

Katie

20220321_163743.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline's sister and her husband for his 60th birthday before they decided they wanted nothing to do with us and their daughter our Sarah 7 years ago.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

Graham

I believe in Karma. We may not get to witness it, but…

Bless you, Pauline & Sarah. The love you share is a wonderful thing. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

There are so many instances of family members cutting off communication among our family and friends. It’s usually one person who initiates it and the other party often can’t figure out where it’s coming from. It’s fairly common and it’s hard to say why.

Envy, resentment because of some slight or who knows why.

@marshhawk maybe you adoptive brother envies your happy life, your traveling, thought your parents favored you over him.

@grapau27 Pauline’s sister and brother in law might resent that you were financially sound enough to pay for their trip. Or maybe they are just the miserable people they sound like.  You and Pauline are a wonderful couple. You have each other and your Sarah and sound like happy people except for this. The other couple have to live with each other which sounds like punishment. It’s just unfortunate that the are living right there.

@marshh and @grapau27you have a family here that cares for you, rejoices at happy events and consoles you for sad ones. We are all you siblings.❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, srdancer said:

There are so many instances of family members cutting off communication among our family and friends. It’s usually one person who initiates it and the other party often can’t figure out where it’s coming from. It’s fairly common and it’s hard to say why.

@marshhawk maybe you adoptive brother envies your happy life, your traveling, thought your parents favored you over him.

@grapau27 Pauline’s sister and brother in law might resent that you were financially sound enough to pay for their trip. Or maybe they are just the miserable people they sound like.  You and Pauline are a wonderful couple. You have each other and your Sarah and sound like happy people except for this. The other couple have to live with each other which sounds like punishment. It’s just unfortunate that the are living right there.

@marshh and @grapau27you have a family here that cares for you, rejoices at happy events and consoles you for sad ones. We are all you siblings.❤️

+1

• Like 5

@Cruisercl  I''ll be 68 in April, am I the big sister, or the little sister?  I keep getting invited back for college reunions, so I may be in MN one day.  But I see that you love to cruise Alaska, I'll be there on a Holland cruise next May.  

@srdancer Daily is the family I always wanted.  I doubt if my brother ever thought that my parents favored me over him.  He was a football player,  got a scholarship to Brown, was on the winning crew team for 4 years, started his own business when he was 17, traveled the world with his job with Chase, has two kids.  I, on the other hand was shipped off to schools, sent to stay with friends because my mom didnt want me in the house with her.  She thought that when i moved to Georgia it was still too close to her when they moved to Florida.  The only thing that he ever said he was jealous of, was my ability to read books, and actually like doing it.  Oh, and he did purchase some of my art 40 years ago.

Speaking of which, I just finished next months book club book.  The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.  A great read.  So, now I have a family, whose last name is Daily, when is the reunion?

86b421a02e44fc0eede7c1fe3508495b.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

M-W-F will be late reading The Daily--back to the gym in the mornings. Membership was "on-hold" way too long so needed to use it or lose it. 😲

Auntie, DH and I stayed in Queenstown, NZ and scheduled day trips around area including one to Milford Sound. Unofficially, called the 8th wonder of the world. 😊

🙏Prayers to all in need and especially the people of Ukraine.🙏

Katie

20220321_163743.jpg

Ok just wow!

Best to everyone!!! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruisercl  I''ll be 68 in April, am I the big sister, or the little sister?  I keep getting invited back for college reunions, so I may be in MN one day.  But I see that you love to cruise Alaska, I'll be there on a Holland cruise next May.  

Hi! I am a little sister to you, 64. What college reunions?  We have quite a bit of really good colleges/university schools here.

I have no booked cruises to Alaska currently.

I love Alaska. I have done a few cruises and a couple of land trips. I now have a nephew & wife based in in the Air Force based in Anchorage currently. Very proud.

Hoping to get to Alaska this Summer to see them.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a cool and breezy Ensenada.  Because of a schedule change this week,  we have a day here at the beginning of the week instead of Saturday evening at the end of the cruise.

I have to tell you one of the best shore excursions I was on was in Ensenada.

I was on a Princess r/t to Hawaii from CA. 

We went to 3 vineyards with wine tasting and appetizers AND we were given 2 bottles of wine which we brought on the ship without issue.

From what they told us, Ensenada has ~200 vineyards and love visitors. They were all beautiful vineyards and tasting rooms, loved it!

FYI. 🙂

• Like 5

@srdancer and @Cruisercl  Now I have a big sister, who has two new little sisters.  I'm the middle sister.😸  LOL.

Cruisercl, I graduated from Macalester College back in 1977.  Things didn't go exactly as planned however, I got my major done through the university of MN, because my creative writing professor threw me out of his class.  My major was creative writing, my core was education, and my minor was physics.  I had transferred to MN from Boston to be closer to my parents, who in their wisdom, took a vacation, didn't tell me, and moved back to NJ.  Took me about 6 months to find them.  Geez you'd think I was a mass murderer or something.  Guess they just didn't want an artist in the family.

I ended up with a great relationship with my father, he found my mom's diary after she passed away , and asked forgiveness for his behavior.  

• Like 6

Hello all ,it's  a cool wet day here, visit to the  neighbourhod supermarket this morning then to get my hair cut.

Have been to Milford Sound by road and on cruises several times, if it's a wet day there are more waterfalls to view.  Thanks for posting the photos.

Thanks for all the daily reports. 

@1ANGELCAT  what a horrible needless accident.

@kazuhope the vet is able to help Marley, sending hugs to you.

@Vict0riannsad that your cousin's DH could escape from the nursing home

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We had sad news from my fire department email today.  A valued member of our peer support team who comforted first responders and others in time of grief and even provided  help to neighboring jurisdictions, Tilly "Bean" Tozaki, crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.  Tilly, you will be missed.

Roy

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Roy about Tilly.

Sending our prayers and sincere condolences for his family and friends.

Graham.

• Like 5

Thank you for the warm welcome yesterday. It has been interesting reading how people on the other side of the world have been handling the last 2 years, good and bad.  

Some extra pics of Milford Sound from the Noordam in January 2020 (not long before the shut down)

They opened the bow and had "Milford Sound" buns.

Good wishes to all 😀

image.png.407706baa726eccbf4602561b4e8a449.pngimage.png.9e54aba8d231d8044b611d44ad25abbd.png  

image.png.8fa2b0ff918085b5bc861ee2738305f0.pngimage.png.687823e17cac37e0cdd47fc51dcd0ff9.png

image.png.7004032cdd175e42da6dfc1abcad4b5c.png  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I like the days. I've reduced to fewer credit cards (got rid of most department store ones) and keep no balances, rarely wear fragrance any more, and I like some poetry.

Great quote!

I like pork chops. I'll pass on the drink. I like the wine.

I have been to today's destination on my first HAL cruise, from Auckland to Sydney.

It's sunny here and going up to 60F, from a chilly start of 39F. I'm currently blocked in, as work on the alley has resumed, and there's a big dump truck in front of my garage. I had no plans to go anywhere.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley.

@Mr. Boston Happy Birthday to your SIL!

@1ANGELCAT Yes, the deaths of the troopers and civilian are very sad. The troopers were walking someone who was walking on the highway to their vehicle, when a speeding car hit them and threw the troopers into the opposite traffic. They think DUI may be involved. The driver is in custody.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear Tana is stable and will continue to pray for her.

@StLouisCruisers It's good to hear that Buddy is coming along. Continued prayers for him and Jen.

@ger_77 I remember Evening in Paris! I think as young girls we all used that, lol. 

@Navybikermom Welcome home. I'm sorry your cruise wasn't what you expected. 

@grapau27 That has to be uncomfortable living so close to Pauline's sister and her husband, when the relationship is so bad. Thankfully Sarah is in your life.

@Vict0riann Oh no, on your cousin's DH breaking out of the nursing home. A tough situation.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its refugees and helpers. Targeting civilians is heinous! Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

14 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! I love natural fragrances. Bottled fragrances doused on a human body, not so much. @ger_77 Gerry, your mention of Evening in Paris brought back their commercials on TV when I was young. They made it seem so exotic and elegant to a young girl.  I longed to be that sophisticated. You must have been thrilled to buy a bottle of your own!

Another rainy day on the west coast, but now,it’s spring rain instead of winter rain.

@1ANGELCAT that is so sad about the troopers and the person they were assisting. How tragic for their families, and for the oncoming drivers who ended up involved through no wrongdoing of their own. @grapau27 I’m so sorry to hear about Paulines sister and BIL living so close and acting so small. You both sound like such good and generous people, and deserve nothing of that sort of behaviour. @mamaofami I sympathize with not wanting another aide change before Sam’s surgery. However, a history of violent behaviour when faced with frustration in a domestic setting is extremely dangerous in an in-home care giver. Yet again, you are in a terrible situation that the agency should have prevented.

@aliaschief interesting that your attendant was given written instructions to convert your bed to two twins. Somewhere, someone else walked into their cabin to find a large shared bed when they had specifically requested a change to separate ones.

Happy Monday, everyone! I suppose it can rain just as much aboard a BHB, it’s just more cheerful somehow!

0B23CCEE-7406-4A7A-8A36-CD4EFE58F067.thumb.jpeg.3d717f8ace58e53aae3250815ff99484.jpeg

14 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all.   Enjoying the photos of New Zealand,  thanks!  love fragrance, ever since working in French perfumes while in University.   
Carol, so sorry you are having such a difficult journey! 

Graham,  I am saddened by your story,  relatives and neighbours can be both very angst provoking.      We always try to take the high road, as I do think Karma happens.  

Beginning to look like spring! 

7C0DA94F-2950-4218-829F-6310A7EE29AF.jpeg

13 hours ago, marshhawk said:

About to start work, but @grapau27 hug yourself, Pauline and Sarah.  I thought my family was bad....brother and i adopted, but not related.  Mom passes away, Dad passes away, his wife passes away, no more ties to me, and I haven't heard from him in 18 years.  If you guys need a sister, I'm  available. 😸

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon from a cool and breezy Ensenada.  Because of a schedule change this week,  we have a day here at the beginning of the week instead of Saturday evening at the end of the cruise.

Many years ago, we reduced the number of credit cards and got rid of the department store credit cards.  All our bills are now direct debit or on credit cards with auto pay.  I still wear a classic fragrance most days, but I only spritz just a little on, since I do it for me not the whole world.  I also do not like it when people seem to have bathed in perfume and leave a scent that lingers forever.  I'll confess that with a few exceptions, I am not a poetry fan.

The Dr.Suess quote is one of the poetry exceptions.  When the DDs were little, I would read the Dr.Suess books they brought home while DH would read the Curious George books.  Even parents have their favorites.

It's been several years since I cooked pork chops.  We'll pass on the drink, but have had the wine and enjoyed it.

Sadly, we have not been to Milford Sound.  Thank you @StLouisCruisers Sandi and @JazzyV Vanessa for your pictures.

This morning, I took the shuttle into town.  The drop off point had changed, and the first block to the main shopping street was a little iffy, but not too bad. I managed to get the two things I didn't find in the ports last week.  Now, we won't have to take a day and go to Algodones when we get back to Quartzsite.  There were quite a few places here that had closed, but still plently of stores and bars are open.

@Mr. Boston  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY!

@smitty34877  Terry, I am glad Tana is stable, and sending positive thoughts that the pneumonia is behind her.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, it's good to read that Buddy is making progress even if it is slow.  I hope Jen's prognosis isn't as grim as you fear. Sending positive thoughts that she has a  break through and can recover some if not all she has lost.

@ger_77  Gerry, thank you for reminding us about International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.  It is a shame that in this day and age, we still need such a day.  

@0106  Bono's poem is another that I like.

@Navybikermom  Sorry your cruise was not quite what you expected.  Fortunately, all the kids on the Koningsdam last week were well behaved.  The Koningsdam is feeling more crowded this week with 1200 passengers.  We've gone from 900 the first week and 1000 last week, so that is probably why it seems more crowded.

@grapau27  Graham, I remember you sharing part of the story of the estrangement with Pauline's sister and BIL.  Their actions toward her mother and daughter are unforgivable.  I don't understand people like that, and to have to live next door just adds insult to injury.  Sarah is extremely lucky to have Pauline and you in her life, and Pauline is very lucky to have you as her husband.

@1ANGELCAT  What a horrible and unnecessary accident.   Our condolences to the families and friends of the three who were killed.  I can't imagine the horror the other drivers felt over their involvement through no fault on their part.

@Vict0riann  Ann, what a tale about your cousin's husband escaping and getting all the way home.  I hope your visit next week helps her feel better about the situation.

@bennybear  What a great picture of the bird.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, thank you for the picture of the new eaglet.

@kazu  Jacqui, I am so sorry that Marley is having more problems.  Hope they are mild and easily remedied.  Sending you positive thoughts and virtual hugs.

Lenda

8 hours ago, Suslor said:

@grapau27Graham, Pauline has great taste. I’ve been using the original Miss Dior since 1972!  Susan 

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Graham

I believe in Karma. We may not get to witness it, but…

Bless you, Pauline & Sarah. The love you share is a wonderful thing. 

6 hours ago, srdancer said:

Thank you everyone for all your love, kind words and support which is greatly appreciated by Pauline and I.

The Daily is a very special place.

Kindest regards.

Graham

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2