Oasis Cabin Deck Choice

We are currently booked midship on deck 12 in connecting balcony cabins. Looking at available cabins, deck 7 and 9 are also available for midship connecting cabins. Does anyone have experience with these decks and have a preference. Deck 12 seems like more elevator rides while 9 looks like 1 flight of stairs to Central Park. All these decks have cabins above and below the decks which helps control some of the noise.

My favorite cabin deck is 8 on Oasis so we avoid having to walk down the long cabin hallways instead we use CP to cut through to the aft or forward elevators. I’d think if 8 isn’t available you could do the same with deck 7 or 9. Just add a flight of stairs to 8 and do the same. It’s also nice to be near Park Cafe in the morning to get coffee quickly. 

• Like 2

Deck 8 is the best location for access directly to Central Park and only two decks from Boardwalk and three from the Royal Promenade.  So either 7 or 9 would be OK for that as well.  But then the same elevator rides would be necessary to the pool decks and other upper deck activities. 

We prefer the higher decks for the view, typically decks 10 through 12, as well providing a middle location to all public decks, up and down - via either the stairs or elevators.  We also  never have found any issues with getting elevator service as there are many in each bank and forward and aft banks to choose from.  Noise also is not an issue on any of these decks, and only is a potential concern IMO on deck 14.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I agree with @leaveitallbehind on decks 10-12 --- just a few decks up and down make the stairs much more doable for pool deck, Windjammer, etc. up or Central Park, Boardwalk, Promenade, etc. down.

If you are going to move and are choosing between 7 and 9, just remember the aft elevators don't connect starboard-port on 7, so if you find yourself on the wrong side, you may be going up/down a deck to get to the right side. We are booked for one of the US balcony cabins all the way aft on 7 next summer, and plan to go to 6 or 8 if using the aft elevators and just take stairs the one deck to eliminate confusion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Thanks, plusses and minuses to both locales, hmmm

JMO, but I would keep deck 12 if it were my booking, for the reasons mentioned. Also less hassle than switching.  But I'm sure you will come to the best conclusions for you.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWACruising said:

Thanks, plusses and minuses to both locales, hmmm

We have had one cruise deck 9 midship and 5 on deck 12 forward hump on Oasis class.  Deck 12 has about one hundred fewer cabins in the forward section compared to lower decks, great views and no noise. For us higher is always better, exception is avoid deck 14.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

My favorite cabin deck is 8 on Oasis so we avoid having to walk down the long cabin hallways instead we use CP to cut through to the aft or forward elevators. I’d think if 8 isn’t available you could do the same with deck 7 or 9. Just add a flight of stairs to 8 and do the same. It’s also nice to be near Park Cafe in the morning to get coffee quickly. 

Just remember in deck 7, you can not cross over from starboard to port at the Aft elevators due to the Boardwalk sign. 

That said I love deck 7 midship, one floor up to CP, one floor down to Boardwalk, 2 floors down to the Promenade. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have had one cruise deck 9 midship and 5 on deck 12 forward hump on Oasis class.  Deck 12 has about one hundred fewer cabins in the forward section compared to lower decks, great views and no noise. For us higher is always better, exception is avoid deck 14.  

dohhhhh we booked deck 14 is it because of noise overhead?

44 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were given a cabin on deck 14 for the Oasis simulation cruise.  I was worried about noise but it was great!

Sometimes you get the deck chair noise in the morning early evening, and there can be noise from the activities taking place.  But neither is of great concern, but we choose to avoid that anyway.  The simulation may not have that reality built in....

Also note that the port side is the smoking side along the pool deck, and that can also be an issue, in particular with the higher decks.

2 hours ago, corky441 said:

We love Deck 15 midship. We always look for a starboard side balcony  stateroom around 12580

I am certain that is a typo as you do realize deck 15 is the pool deck.  A stateroom there would be quite interesting!  😄

12580 is, of course, on deck 12.....LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Definitely deck 7.  (My first preference is actually deck 6.)  You will be so close to so many things, within 3 decks.

Absolutely hate deck 7 for the reason mentioned earlier. No aft crossover at elevators

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Also note that the port side is the smoking side along the pool deck, and that can also be an issue, in particular with the higher decks.

Would this be an issue on deck 12? We are on the port side.

I avoid deck 14 also.   If you are a light sleeper...you will hear the foot traffic and chair scraping above from 15.  

Oasis class is one that does not have a "deck 13"...so the deck we prefer (with 14 being a cushion between us) is deck 12.  

9 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Not sure why it would ever be an issue on Oasis class ships since the smoking area on the pool deck is enclosed, and smoke always travels up - not down.

10 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

As referenced by @island lady there is no deck 13 on Oasis, so there is only one stateroom deck above you and then it is the pool deck on 15.  The smoke would be concentrated there and I think could be detected only two decks below.  No certainty either way but that would be possible IMO based on that being the smoking side.

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not sure why it would ever be an issue on Oasis class ships since the smoking area on the pool deck is enclosed, and smoke always travels up - not down.

Not saying you are incorrect, but there are windows that open on that deck.  It also gets circulated by the wind, and not just upwards. We have had staterooms on the smoking side of ships (not Oasis) on higher decks and have been affected by it before.  But there is no way to say for sure.  We always try to avoid that side anyway just to be sure. 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We have had staterooms on the smoking side of ships (not Oasis) on higher decks and have been affected by it before.

On every RCL ship we have been on other than Oasis class (and we have done several on every class in the fleet except Quantum), smoking is also permitted on the port side of the outdoor promenade deck (which unfortunately is on the deck immediately below the first deck of balcony cabins), so if your experience with smoke incursion on your balcony is from any of those ship classes, then I would agree with you. There is no equivalent source of smoke on Oasis class ships as there is no outdoor promenade, and smoking is not allowed on the running track.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:50 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Just remember in deck 7, you can not cross over from starboard to port at the Aft elevators due to the Boardwalk sign. 

What does that mean?  Is there a wall or something dividing the elevator area into sides?

On 3/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Hah! My sentiments exactly. Plus no cabin across the hall so less congestion. 

• Like 1