Diamond drinks

5 hours ago, JK99 said:

If kids are also Diamond members and 4 of us are cruising together, then it's just a pool of 16 drinks total per day?  The kids could potentially use more than their 4 vouchers each, or the two adults could tap into the vouchers loaded for the kids?

I was unable to use my kids voucher fior adult beverages on my last 2 cruises. Indy and Symphony. February and March.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was unable to use my kids voucher fior adult beverages on my last 2 cruises. Indy and Symphony. February and March.

Ken, hope you and the family are doing well...e.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:40 PM, Jasukkie said:

Welcome letter on Anthem said no Bionic Bar so I didn't try it. Cash tips are greatly appreciated by the crew on those voucher drinks by the way. 

If you find the right bartender, tips will get you unlimited “voucher “ cocktails! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, frank808 said:

I was also just on Navigator and had the same royal zombies. Pretty good but very sweet.  I am pretty sure it was $1.18 plus tip.  First cruise using these vouchers and it was great trying all these different drinks. I liked the gumbay smash the best from the lime and coconut bar.

It should of been $1.18 but Royal has their own way of doing math.  I will email M Bayley and demand a free cruise as compensation.

1/10      BEVERAGES     14016598      BAMBOO ROOM      1.28

• Haha 1

Great thread.

We'll be on our very first cruise as a Diamond members this June, so can someone clarify that the "vouchers" in all the previous posts are not really printed paper "vouchers" that we hand to the staff like a coupon, but are like "credits" already loaded on our card?

Also, how do we keep track of how many drinks we've already ordered during the day?  ie, let's say by dinner time, I've already forgot if I've drunk 2 or 4 drinks already, can the staff run my card on their machine to tell me how many I've ordered that day already?

Thanks, 

Just now, NavyCruiser said:

Great thread.

We'll be on our very first cruise as a Diamond members this June, so can someone clarify that the "vouchers" in all the previous posts are not really printed paper "vouchers" that we hand to the staff like a coupon, but are like "credits" already loaded on our card?

Also, how do we keep track of how many drinks we've already ordered during the day?  ie, let's say by dinner time, I've already forgot if I've drunk 2 or 4 drinks already, can the staff run my card on their machine to tell me how many I've ordered that day already?

Thanks, 

Yes, the vouchers are on your card and not paper,  staff can tell, you can also, look in the app under purchases an they will show up there with a $0 charge

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 1:09 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Q : How will the daily happy hour be impacted?
A : The Happy Hour in the lounges will take place daily from 5 pm to 8 pm.

Diamond and above members will enjoy daily beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time, in the lounges during Happy Hour, or in our private destinations. Whether it’s sparkling water, sparking wine, or the drink of the day, you choose when and where to enjoy these beverages.

The number of daily beverage coupons will increase as follows:

Diamond — 4 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond Plus — 5 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Pinnacle Club — 6 beverage coupons loaded daily on SeaPass card

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club members will be able to redeem their complimentary beverage vouchers (for drinks valued up to $13) at any venue except Starbucks, Bionic Bar and Rising Tide Bar, at any time throughout the day.

I have to say, I can understand the Bionic Bar, but don't really understand not being able to use it at the Rising Tide Bar since they have a bartender.  

53 minutes ago, CruiseLover15 said:

I have to say, I can understand the Bionic Bar, but don't really understand not being able to use it at the Rising Tide Bar since they have a bartender.  

I think it's a ship-based thing (also agree it's stupid).  I've been on Symphony and Allure one week after another, and one allowed it and one didn't. (At least, according to the letter in my room.  I didn't try it for whichever one said it wasn't allowed.)

Hello,

I couldn't use my 'vouchers' at the Bionic Bar on Anthem on two cruises last autumn.

That it was 'out of order' both times may have had something to do with it. 😁

Regards,

Cublet

37 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I couldn't use my 'vouchers' at the Bionic Bar on Anthem on two cruises last autumn.

That it was 'out of order' both times may have had something to do with it. 😁

Regards,

Cublet

We tried drinks from the bionic bar and they were not good- it is a gimmick- best for cola.  Don't waste your money on the bionic bar.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

So I wonder if this will change as I am sure this was made to spread people out. Hmmm. I think I like this better than prior to Covid, but not cruising until next year so just wondering. Will wait and see. 

Word on the street is that it's permanent ... until it's not.  😄

• Haha 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:01 PM, davekathy said:

When in doubt, ask the server to check the balance on each card before ordering. Beats standing in line or on the phone with GS getting the charge reversed. 

Just ask concierge to do it. It's what they do😉

On 4/5/2022 at 3:05 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the vouchers are on your card and not paper,  staff can tell, you can also, look in the app under purchases an they will show up there with a $0 charge

It can get confusing if you're in a suite and order in SL. On our last two trips they showed as $0 at CK, but they didn't count

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:11 PM, John&LaLa said:

Exactly why they aren't paper coupons anymore

You an use it to buy someone a drink, and they "tip" you. 😄

You would both need to meet a bar to do so