Diamond drinks

38 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Cash tips are greatly appreciated by the crew on those voucher drinks by the way. 

We always tip on our vouchered drinks with cash on each one - regardless of what venue we are in.  They may be at n/c to us, but the bartenders are still serving them and IMO deserve the gratuity.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

We always tip on our vouchered drinks with cash on each one - regardless of what venue we are in.  They may be at n/c to us, but the bartenders are still serving them and IMO deserve the gratuity.

We do also, but I'm convinced that Royal compensates them for every "free" beverage they serve using the vouchers on the seapass.   that's why that don't have any issue giving you the 3-4 drinks left on your seapass at the end of the evening.  Just my guess.  

20 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We do also, but I'm convinced that Royal compensates them for every "free" beverage they serve using the vouchers on the seapass.   that's why that don't have any issue giving you the 3-4 drinks left on your seapass at the end of the evening.  Just my guess.  

Either way, I like to do it and am also sure by that they are receiving something indicating an appreciation from me.

3 minutes ago, DDLUVS2CRUISE said:

So they are not doing the happy hour at DD lounge anymore?

Happy hour still exists but you have to use your vouchers for drinks.  You no longer have unlimited drinks but you have much better ones.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DDLUVS2CRUISE said:

So they are not doing the happy hour at DD lounge anymore?

Nothing has changed other than as has been mentioned with vouchers replacing unlimited drinks. Still a private lounge, still have great bartender service, still have hors d'oeuvres, still open for the cocktail hour from 5:00 - 8:30 PM, still have the concierge present for their assistance, etc.

Actually IMO the vouchers are a benefit.  At $13 each value, the drink selection is now pretty much unlimited, and rather than trying to cram in as many drinks as possible during the cocktail hours, you can now have them anywhere (with a couple of apparent exceptions) anytime during the day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

As the ships are filling, the double point mean more Diamond members, so plan on meeting others at another bar.  Crowding will generally be the word of the day.

I ac see that happening on the bigger ships but we didn't experience that on our 13 and 20 March B2B cruise on the Explorer. We are there by 4:45 and gone by 5:45.Great service by the DL staff for drinks and snacks. Nice having a server plate our snacks.  Our glasses were never empty. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

I have been told that on B2B you can get drinks on the final day of cruise #1 when it has gone midnight.... and then the vouchers reset when the new cruise starts.... so you can get double drinks allowance that day! 

I haven't personally tried this (yet!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, BeWillie said:

It's possible the friend was talking about drinks served in the Diamond lounge which are only available for a few hours in the evening.  

That is no longer.

More likely the friend did not realize that the program had changed and was applying the old rules.  MANY people do not read the stuff left in the cabin.  Then complain that no one told them.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I have been told that on B2B you can get drinks on the final day of cruise #1 when it has gone midnight.... and then the vouchers reset when the new cruise starts.... so you can get double drinks allowance that day! 

I haven't personally tried this (yet!) 

We did a B2B on Harmony last October.  I did have a bloody mary at the coffee bar in the windjammer on turnaround day, but didn't think about grabbing 3-4 beers that morning to store in my stateroom refrig.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We did a B2B on Harmony last October.  I did have a bloody mary at the coffee bar in the windjammer on turnaround day, but didn't think about grabbing 3-4 beers that morning to store in my stateroom refrig.  

I think she meant get them at 12:01 am

• Like 1

Sometimes some people are used to doing things one way, that they don't notice the change.  So with the lounge open, they may have assumed the drinks are "limited to 4 drinks" in the lounge. Maybe they failed to read the note in their room.  But whatever the case, the 4 drinks is anytime, anyplace but the robot bar, and maybe the rising tide. 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think she meant get them at 12:01 am

OK, but I'm on my 3rd dream around that time.  😉

If it were available at 12:01am, then I would think it would be available at 7:00am?  

My next B2B isn't until the Fall, so they will probably have closed that loophole by then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

OK, but I'm on my 3rd dream around that time.  😉

If it were available at 12:01am, then I would think it would be available at 7:00am?  

My next B2B isn't until the Fall, so they will probably have closed that loophole by then.

Good luck finding an open bar with beers at 7am. Typically it's just coffee drinks. Maybe Bloody Mary or Mimosa in a restaurant 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thompson4131 said:

As non-drinking Diamond + members, we didn't use any of our vouchers.  Too bad you can't select ahead of time whether or not you want these vouchers, or receive a lowered value onboard credit instead.

The C&A drinks loaded on your SeaPass card(s) are good for any drink up to the $13.00 threshold. 

1 hour ago, thompson4131 said:

As non-drinking Diamond + members, we didn't use any of our vouchers.  Too bad you can't select ahead of time whether or not you want these vouchers, or receive a lowered value onboard credit instead.

You can still use for specialty coffees, bottles of water, sodas. It doesn’t have to be for alcohol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

While on Odyssey CK and D club, they were using drinks by the cabin.  Small difference, but it made it easier to use all of our D+ vouchers.

They don't really care about whose card is being used for what drink, which is sort of another way of saying what you are saying.  They take either of our cards for any of our drinks, so, for example,  I can have 6 and my wife can have 4.  Still totals our 10.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, thompson4131 said:

You can use your vouchers for ANY drink up to $13.  This includes bottled water, sodas, smoothies, and any non-alcoholic drink.

• Like 1