ms Rotterdam in Port Everglades April 3, 2022

Scrapnana

7 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

image.thumb.png.5c6a6bc21bb5c9ec3b26be8468c74451.pngI see some benches we could be sitting on for sail away, just saying....

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I'll sit with you......  just saying....

Just try to get to those benches.  I have done so and unless you are a resident of that property, you are not going to get access to that area.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

If Rotterdam doesn't get underway soon, Odyssey may go ahead.

Roy

Sure enough, Odyssey just announced they are ready to go.

L.

Edited by leerathje
Typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Just try to get to those benches.  I have done so and unless you are a resident of that property, you are not going to get access to that area.  

Well, there you go.  I'll just sit there in my dreams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Well, there you go.  I'll just sit there in my dreams.

The public place to be for sailaway is a walk down the beach on the North side of the channel where the entrance into the Port begins.  Unsure what the public parking facilities may be, but as a guest of the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel, I was able to walk to that area and it appeared to me that many others were there who were not residents of any of the other hotels near that area.  There is a jetty on the South side of the channel, but is not available anymore due to unrepaired hurricane damage.  

• Like 2

RNB reporting live from Equinox. Lots of confusion hear. Appear Rotterdam maybe starting to leave. Equinox is going nowhere. Baggage handling had to transfer luggage to main terminal for inspection in lieu of bldg next to dock. So bags are being unloaded into main terminal, screened, return to folk lift and then proceeded to ship for loading. Maybe with 2,000 of us on board they were not use to this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

RNB reporting live from Equinox. Lots of confusion hear. Appear Rotterdam maybe starting to leave. Equinox is going nowhere. Baggage handling had to transfer luggage to main terminal for inspection in lieu of bldg next to dock. So bags are being unloaded into main terminal, screened, return to folk lift and then proceeded to ship for loading. Maybe with 2,000 of us on board they were not use to this.

This is silly.  The number of guests ought not to make a difference and--if for some reason it does--where is the "institutional memory" of the Port Officials to handle that many guests?  If there ever was a Terminal in Port Everglades that needed a serious upgrade, where Celebrity Equinox is docked is the one.