Life and live from Zuiderdam's 10-day Mex Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruise

Copper10-8

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Copper10-8 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Leaving tomorrow for a less than two hour drive, barring unforeseen heavy traffic on a Sunday, southbound to San Diego and boarding ms Zuiderdam at 1:00 PM for her 10-day Mexican Riviera / Sea of Cortez cruise and looking very much fwd to it! Haven't been to Loreto and Pichilingue / La Paz in several years so we will see if things have changed there. Got our negative Covid-19 PCR tests yesterday at a local urgent care clinic, so that's out of the way. Packing later today. If interested, travel along with us 😉 

Holland America Line - Zuiderdam II.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Hey!

We’re hoping to Really be traveling along  with you. We just got our tests and finishing packing. I just finished giving CPR (maybe just rescue breathing) to our wine carrier. And we’re mapping out our plan for Balboa Park tomorrow, as we board late.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 57redbird said:

@Copper10-8  Any chance you'll be hitting the Tile Factory in PV?  I need a replacement flower pot from there & they're telling me it would be $95 to purchase & ship to me.  Looking for a less expensive way to replace it....

Well, we're spending two days / an overnight in PV and on day 1 are usually doing our own thing incl. a lunch in Viejo Vallarta. Not sure where your tile factory is located at, however. Can you show me a pic as to what exactly you are looking for and what these jardinières are going for, price range wise? Of course, then we would have to get that bad boy to you up north, once home, so you could be looking at $95 or more regardless............

15 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Hey!

We’re hoping to Really be traveling along  with you. We just got our tests and finishing packing. I just finished giving CPR (maybe just rescue breathing) to our wine carrier. And we’re mapping out our plan for Balboa Park tomorrow, as we board late.

Hey, cool beans! Gotta get a cup of Java with you once onboard in the Explorations 😉 Awesome job on the life saving efforts!! Hope he/she is OK!!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Well, we're spending two days / an overnight in PV and on day 1 are usually doing our own thing incl. a lunch in Viejo Vallarta. Not sure where your tile factory is located at, however. Can you show me a pic as to what exactly you are looking for and what these jardinières are going for, price range wise? Of course, then we would have to get that bad boy to you up north, once home, so you could be looking at $95 or more regardless............

The 'Tile Factory' is in Old Town (on Venustiano Carranza 374, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata).. it's called World of Tiles.  The pot is $17 USD without shipping & here is a picture of it....it's the one on the left & it's 6.5 inches tall.  Let me know if you think you might be able to do it....I know shipping from MX to the US is super pricy so that's why I'm hoping somebody from the US could get it for me.

276663879_470036018136887_2827893502669582036_n flower pot.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

The 'Tile Factory' is in Old Town (on Venustiano Carranza 374, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata).. it's called World of Tiles.  The pot is $17 USD without shipping & here is a picture of it....it's the one on the left & it's 6.5 inches tall.  Let me know if you think you might be able to do it....I know shipping from MX to the US is super pricy so that's why I'm hoping somebody from the US could get it for me.

276663879_470036018136887_2827893502669582036_n flower pot.jpg

I'll see what we can do, but no promises 😉 We have similar pots in our backyard (purchased most of them at Artisan Imports in Old Town San Diego). We know they are not light, so shipping one from L.A. to Washington State packed and wrapped so it gets there in one piece, will cost some $$  

We will be disembarking tomorrow. We hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. I’ll be following along. 

6 months from tomorrow, we will be embarking again for the Zuiderdam’s 45 day Tales of the South Pacific. 

Cheers, Denise

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I'll see what we can do, but no promises 😉 We have similar pots in our backyard (purchased most of them at Artisan Imports in Old Town San Diego). We know they are not light, so shipping one from L.A. to Washington State packed and wrapped so it gets there in one piece, will cost some $$  

🙂

13 minutes ago, dchip said:

We will be disembarking tomorrow. We hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. I’ll be following along. 

6 months from tomorrow, we will be embarking again for the Zuiderdam’s 45 day Tales of the South Pacific. 

Cheers, Denise

Thanx! Safe trip home tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

🙂

Just read your dimensions - 6.5" - so that's tiny. I was thinking one similar the ones we have in our yard, and those are heavy! So, we will see what we can do for ya!

• Like 3

This is one of my favorite itearnies!

Have Fun!

I would have tried to do this one but I am in between cateract surgeries had my right eye done 3 weeks ago and will have next one done April 12th.  Had to wait six months for the schedule because they are behind because of Covid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kazu said:

Have a great cruise, John!  Hope you enjoy ever minute of it 🙂

Looking forward to following along.

Thanks very much Jacqui, we are planning on it! We are also hoping Jose is improving!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Hey!

If you go to Balboa Park, checkout Spanish Village, some cool stuff there.   

• Thanks 1

We are in San Diego now and will be on the 10-day Zuiderdam cruise with you, and stay on for the 9-day following it--why not, what the heck, we say!!!  I'm glad to hear Henk AND Crystal are on; someone had mentioned Henk during the 35-day cruise, but no one had mentioned Crystal and I'm glad to hear she's on board.  She was so kind to me a couple of years ago on the Amsterdam on a cruise.

• Like 3