OBC From Shareholder Benefit

Does the shareholder benefit OBC show up on  your account as some that you can use prior to sailing, like for excursions or dining? I  am trying to figure out where the $100 OBC came from. I didn't think I had turned in my request yet, but maybe I did.

Once it’s applied, it will show up in the cruise planner. When you sign in on the RC website, you should see your sailing listed. When you click on “plan my cruise”, a prompt should appear showing the amount applied. You can use it to purchase things listed in the cruise planner.I had it applied on a cruise in March of this year and two upcoming cruises in May. I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Usually you will get an email after it’s approved. I sent an email on 3/16, and received the generic “we got it” email, but nothing else yet. My cruise leaves in a month, so  if I don’t hear something soon, I may need to call.

Was there maybe an OBC promo when you booked cruise?

Edited by crzndeb

45 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Does the shareholder benefit OBC show up on  your account as some that you can use prior to sailing, like for excursions or dining? I  am trying to figure out where the $100 OBC came from. I didn't think I had turned in my request yet, but maybe I did.

Check with your travel agent.  If $100 OBC showed up in your cruise planner, and you didn't turn in your request for shareholder, it could be that some bookings offer $50pp OBC.  Your TA should have the answer or could find out for you.

Any OBC that shows up in your cruise planner can be used for excursions/dining/etc.

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

Did you use a FCC when you booked your cruise? If you booked a cruise in March that sails from 3/22 - 12/22 they're giving $100 OBC. 

Applied for Shareholder benefit OBC last Thursday 3/31 for

three upcoming cruises.  I received an e-mail immediately

acknowledging my request. Three days later (Sunday) I 

received 3 additional emails approving each request and

noticed all 3 cruises had an additional $100 applied to

each. Kind of amazed at the quick turn around time…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

I never receive an email that they received my request or that the OBC was applied. I just check the cruise planner

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

The last time I sailed, it was quick, but this time, it’s been almost 3 weeks. Maybe I will resend.

• Like 1

Lately I'm getting an email with a copy of my invoice attached when they process it.  This email arrived Sunday at 6pm.  I sent the request on Friday at 4:30pm.  Two day turnaround on a weekend.  

635273162_ScreenShot2022-04-04at8_13_35AM.jpg.1c5733d6516183af12a88cb42bba8d1d.jpg

Inside the invoice is a page that shows the shareholder OBC plus the regular cruise invoice as expected.  

1608358957_ScreenShot2022-04-04at8_13_19AM.thumb.jpg.fcb28c1b6e97ad822ced3104e35d1592.jpg

17 minutes ago, mdd3145 said:

If I don't prepay my gratuities can the shareholder OBC be used once on the ship to pay them? 

Any OBC on board can be used for any on board account expense, including grats.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Usually you will get an email after it’s approved. I sent an email on 3/16, and received the generic “we got it” email, but nothing else yet. My cruise leaves in a month, so  if I don’t hear something soon, I may need to call.

Was there maybe an OBC promo when you booked cruise?

Never have I ever received an email confirmation.  Usually I notice it is applied in about 1 week when logging into the cruise.  Sometimes it is never applied so I give it a few weeks & if it does not show up I re-submit the request online.

Edited by KruznKimmie
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RRTcruiser said:

Did you apply for the benefit using the on-line form?  I faxed mine several weeks ago, and haven't received a response.  I'm thinking I'll have to resubmit.

Submitted my on line shareholders request.  Received no email even confirming they evenreceived my request.  And certainly no email that BC was awarded. But a week later logged in and the $100 for each sailing was showing as OBC. 

I recently submitted my request for Shareholder OBC for 7 cruises to:

shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

I keep a modified version of the form (to list multiple cruises) on my computer and attach it along with a "sanitized" copy of my brokerage statement to my email request.  Received the automated reply immediately and later the same evening, received 7 updated invoice confirmations (OBC amounts listed on page 1).

Maybe the Shareholder Benefits Team was bored that day, but the quick turnaround was amazing and 5 of the 7 cruises are mid/late 2023!

• Like 1

I also used the online form and emailed it with stock account 

statements. Did a fourth one yesterday morning for a

November cruise and got a response/$100 credit by late

last night.

Seems like the online form and emailing is the right

way to go