Tuscan Grille Menu on Summit

LorraineP

16 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

This is only one page. The actual menu is two pages. However, the pictured page is an accurate page 2. It has been changed slightly from several years ago.

For one thing, they took away all the Italian names.

I would tend to believe, at least for now, that all of the Specialty Restaurants on-board will have changed and limited menus based on the limited number of passengers aboard.

Even in the MDR's, too.

I could be incorrect for the MDR's and someone will chime in accordingly if noticed there...

bon appetit and bon voyage

13 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

How does ordering work at Tuscan Grill since it is for the most part a flat fee? Is it one appetizer, salad, pasta and entrée per person? 

It is a flat fee per person, unless you order one of the extra cost steaks.  You can have as many of anything you wish. It's a lot of food.

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I would tend to believe, at least for now, that all of the Specialty Restaurants on-board will have changed and limited menus based on the limited number of passengers aboard.

Even in the MDR's, too.

I could be incorrect for the MDR's and someone will chime in accordingly if noticed there...

These changes were made prior to covid I believe, and I haven't noticed any others since Covid. The sourcing though has changed the quality of the proteins and vegetables 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Even in the MDR's, too.

Not to mention the supply chain issues

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Even in the MDR's, too.

On the Reflection in February and the MDR & Blu menus were not reduced.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, SharkieQueen said:

Ate in Tuscan Grille on the Summit in March - it was amazing. Ordered multiple apps, had awesome steaks and fantastic service. Was the best meal we’ve ever had in a Specialty restaurant - was blown away 😀

Wonderful will definitely keep reservation I made then. Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,  I have the Tuscan Grille reserved for my upcoming cruise on Summit in June, my question is do you tip at restaurant or is it covered by the “always included” I have already paid for.  Doesn’t matter either way, just want to make sure I do things right as this will be my first cruise ever.  Also, is my premium drink package accepted there.  TIA for your advice.

When did you book Tuscan.  Prior to 4/22 the price included a gratuity.  On 4/22 the increased prices by 18%.  For some unknown reason on some ships the price was increased by 18%.  Tuscan previously was $45.  Now depending upon the ship the price in the Cruise Planner could still be $45 and at check-out they add a 18% gratuity

or the price in the Cruise Planner could be $53.10 and no gratuity add at check out.

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

? I see lots of Italian words on that menu 

Words, yes, but the names of dishes used to be in Italian with the English name in parentheses in the description. And the section titles were also in Italian, primi piatti, zuppe e insalata, mare / terra, etc.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

When did you book Tuscan.  Prior to 4/22 the price included a gratuity.  On 4/22 the increased prices by 18%.  For some unknown reason on some ships the price was increased by 18%.  Tuscan previously was $45.  Now depending upon the ship the price in the Cruise Planner could still be $45 and at check-out they add a 18% gratuity

or the price in the Cruise Planner could be $53.10 and no gratuity add at check out.

Yes booked it a while ago before price increases.  Reserved it for dinner on first night of cruise which was discounted to $35 pp

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Last night at the Tuscan Grille on the Summit we ordered from the flat fee menu.   A gratuity was added to the bill and a space was left for an extra tip.  Like everyone everywhere else on the Summit, they were understaffed and it was difficult to get wine, water and anything else that required some additional attention.  Both of us had the AI package so there was no additional cost for drinks.   Total price was $106.20. It was an enjoyable evening because we had dinner with good friends (they had a complimentary dinner from their TA) but it seems overpriced to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Last night at the Tuscan Grille on the Summit we ordered from the flat fee menu.   A gratuity was added to the bill and a space was left for an extra tip.  Like everyone everywhere else on the Summit, they were understaffed and it was difficult to get wine, water and anything else that required some additional attention.  Both of us had the AI package so there was no additional cost for drinks.   Total price was $106.20. It was an enjoyable evening because we had dinner with good friends (they had a complimentary dinner from their TA) but it seems overpriced to me.

Appreciate the feedback.  It sounds like I need to show up with a drink in hand.  We booked the first night at a discounted rate, and before added gratuity.  It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your friends.

We have found that getting to order wine before getting your first course or even ordering is difficult even before the staff shortage - unless, of course, you make it clear you want to order your wine before ordering dinner.  I like the suggestion in previous comment that they would bring a glass of wine to the table.  Great idea.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:05 AM, Bo1953 said:

Even in the MDR's, too.

Recently dined at both Tuscan Grill and Murano as well as Luminea (and ordered off MDR Menu).  Availability and menu selection were not modified.

When we dined in Tuscan one time there were only 3 other tables with guests and everything was available and if anything they double sized meals rather than cutting back.    Service as you would expect was seller and the wait staff were very engaging as they weren't busy.

• Thanks 1