Will carnival reinstate mask mandate?

Illbcruzn4life

I think it all depends on the trends. I’m sure they prefer not to go backwards. But at the same time, they need to ensure they don’t end up with a large out break on ship. I think the real deciding point will be the islands they go to. I suspect that these countries are the reason the vaccine mandate still exists. And if they feel like cruise lines are not taking proper precautions, they will start shutting down their ports. Let’s hope this new variant becomes  a non issue. 

• Like 4

I would think that the CDC would have to push it on the cruise lines for that to happen.  There were only around 23,000 cases reported yesterday. That's a long way from the previous spikes periods of 300,000+, 200,000+ and then nearly a million cases a day in the latest spike.

My vote is, nope - they're not going to go back to wearing masks. Hard to picture full ships at this point AND mandated masks. You'd have even more people pushing the limits (after having a taste of "freedom") and requiring more policing by Carnival.

That ship has sailed.. damn the torpedoes...

Of course, if things really spiked - and Carnival had a choice between A) Reducing Capacity or B) Mandating Masks --- I wonder which one they'd choose...   hmmmm.... 🙂

Tom

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

My vote is, nope - they're not going to go back to wearing masks. Hard to picture full ships at this point AND mandated masks. You'd have even more people pushing the limits (after having a taste of "freedom") and requiring more policing by Carnival.

That ship has sailed.. damn the torpedoes...

Of course, if things really spiked - and Carnival had a choice between A) Reducing Capacity or B) Mandating Masks --- I wonder which one they'd choose...   hmmmm.... 🙂

Tom

Or C) Neither (ref stats from NY experiment vs those states that chose not to participate).

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Anything anyone says here will be pure speculation.

I'll speculate that we'll be back to masking if we get another Covid surge, but really, nobody knows and I don't really see any point in worrying about it.

But how much fun would CC be if we were limited to strictly factual posts -- LOL

Tom

• Haha 6

They already went from no masks at restart, to masking, to relaxing it, to being strict, now to relaxing it. It is a fluid situation. It will be for some time. Nobody can answer until Carnival does. This question is bunk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

My vote is, nope - they're not going to go back to wearing masks. Hard to picture full ships at this point AND mandated masks.

Hopefully you will be right.  I still say the best thing the cruise lines are doing to help prevent the spread on ships is the pre-cruise testing.  As long as there is no dramatic spike in cases on the ships, there would be no reason for them to bring it back.

Masks are the most ridiculous thing ever in dealing with the virus.  Cruise lines are already more strict than pretty much any other place in existence because they require vaccinations and testing.  That should be good enough.  

I don't fault the cruise lines, they have to do what they have to do. It's the CDC that makes ridiculous requirements and endless hoops.  My husband and I will never cruise again with mask mandates when we have other options to vacation while breathing freely.  Florida has been our saving grace during this pandemic.

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

The reason I asked was because I leave for a cruise in 2 weeks and hope they don't bring the mask mandate back on the ships. I wear one 8 hours a day for work. That's more than enough.

If they do, walk around with a drink and sip it every so often. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Masks are the most ridiculous thing ever in dealing with the virus.  Cruise lines are already more strict than pretty much any other place in existence because they require vaccinations and testing.  That should be good enough.  

I don't fault the cruise lines, they have to do what they have to do. It's the CDC that makes ridiculous requirements and endless hoops.  My husband and I will never cruise again with mask mandates when we have other options to vacation while breathing freely.  Florida has been our saving grace during this pandemic.

You were just getting started, ready to give up already?

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

You were just getting started, ready to give up already?

Ha!  Well, my hope is that the masks will go away for good.  I do have a cruise

booked in January and got a heck of a deal for a suite on the Celebration, so I have a dog in this fight.🤣

We did have a great cruise on the Mardi Gras, but one of the most ridiculous things I have done in my life was remove my mask to take a sip and then put it back on my face.  Wash, rinse, and repeat every time I ordered a drink and watched a comedy show.  That it is until the mandate went away mid-cruise.  Anyway, I don't want to put myself back in the position of doing something so utterly ridiculous.

I will hope that sanity will prevail and mask mandates will be gone for good as far as cruising.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

People are getting really sick of the back and forth thing. But masks come off, numbers go up…. I don’t like wearing them either. We were on the first cruise without and I was really happy. 

Nah....the numbers are going to do what they are going to do.  The masks is just a reaction to make people feel like they are doing something.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just popped to the end of the thread .  I do remember reading that Dr Fauci & Dr Wen said that if needed again this Fall/Winter “we” would be asked to wear them again.

Being from a suburb in Los Angeles County, we were just very recently given the ok to take off masks inside.  Personally, I have no issue with wearing masks, and do.

After consulting with my doctor, it’s better for my health due to increased risk of long term Covid (if I were to get sick).  That’s my choice.  

I wore them inside everywhere on my Panorama cruise last month. Yes, I was in the minority. Thankfully, no other guests said anything negative to me. Crazy times we live in and I honestly didn’t know if someone was going to get Political with me. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1